Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
... because the play calling was bad and once again the defense sucked a big one. Can we please get rid of Burke and his defensive scheme?

This game reminded me of our west coast games last year. We kept it close, didn't make the mistakes. Gase, keeps us in position to win the close ones. To me, that was great coaching more than great playing.

... because the play calling was bad and once again the defense sucked a big one. Can we please get rid of Burke and his defensive scheme?

I don't see how we left that TE Henry wide open at the end of the game. Not sure we game plan like the Patriots or any other teams in the NFL to take away the other team's most productive players.

Last edited:
This game reminded me of our west coast games last year. We kept it close, didn't make the mistakes. Gase, keeps us in position to win the close ones. To me, that was great coaching more than great playing.
I do not know how you can defend his play calling. In the 1st half, I thought I was going to have a coronary!:mad:

I do not know how you can defend his play calling. In the 1st half, I thought I was going to have a coronary!:mad:

Tortoise not the hare. It's about figuring out what works and setting up things for the rest of the game. It isn't a coincidence that we're barely winning these close games. Just my humble opinion.

I'm not sure you can call the play-calling bad when Cutler's YPA in the second half was 9.7.

The more likely scenario is that the team was working out the kinks of a 24-day layoff in the first half, and came alive in the second.

there is no justifying the playcalling. Especially with the talent we have. just no reason not to push downfield

I'm not sure you can call the play-calling bad when Cutler's YPA in the second half was 9.7.

The more likely scenario is that the team was working out the kinks of a 24-day layoff in the first half, and came alive in the second.

YPA is an offensive statistic, not a QB one.

Week 1.

Sure Cutler knows the offense but he's got players to get familiar with. Yes, the offense was super conservative at first but they didn't turn the ball over and made plays when it mattered. I think beyond Ajayi, who we know is a stud, Cutler and the receivers showed us plenty to be excited about as they gel and the offense opens up.

The defense is my major concern and will be a problem all year.

there is no justifying the playcalling. Especially with the talent we have. just no reason not to push downfield

Game 1.

Give it time. This isn't Madden and we're not pulling out all the stops this early.

The team played a good road game. Control the ball and pound the rock. It will get better.

You can win games like the jets, and bills, and chargers off of luck. We will not win more games than those 5 if the defense plays as poorly as they did today again.

I joke around that last year we were like a D&D character that spent all points in luck. Last year we beat the Rams, chargers, jets, bills, and 49ers off luck, but we were 1-4 vs teams with a winning record. It happened again today. The chargers WILL NOT have a winning record.

We went from top 5 easiest schedule last year to top 5 hardest schedule this year.

Back
Top Bottom