Sorry Cam , victim of the bad years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sorry Cam , victim of the bad years

Michael Morris

Active Roster
Reaction score
He was so great today and has been for so many year's with the Dolphins. JT was also doing those great thing's also but JT also had better teams(not great) especially early in his career that he was more of an household name than Wake. Hope we can really make some noise this year so people with mention Wake's name with watt and some of the other great pass rusher's of today.

HOF, I hope so but, really do not think he will get in anytime soon. There are still a lot of great passrusher's that are still not in. LC Greenwood, Harvey Mat\rtin etc, Yes i'm over 40 lol.

HOF, I hope so but, really do not think he will get in anytime soon. There are still a lot of great pass rusher's that are still not in. LC Greenwood, Harvey Mat\rtin etc, Yes i'm over 40 lol.

I also think he was just average to good against the run. I think there are other DE;s that were just as good as pass rusher's but also better against the run.

Wake has a motor that won't quit. I love the fact that he's always in shape.

This may hurt some feelings but Cam should be considered before Thomas.

I wouldn't argue with you. He'll make another pro bowl appearance this year giving him 6 for his career. And he's a dozen sacks away from 100.

Oh yeah and he's only been in the NFL for 9 years. NINE. He was a one man wrecking ball today and is one of the most consistently good players on D I've seen.

Thomas will always be hurt by the fact he was the QB of a defense that was talented but folded under pressure in key situations and rarely had a deep playoff run.

The way Cam abused the record books in Canada got a lot of NFL GMs calling. The one good thing Ireland did for this team. Even if it may have been by accident.

Big Thanks to Jeff Ireland. ;)
I love the Ireland plug.....

But just for some backstory.....

There were like 14 different teams that offered Wake a contract out of BC.......

Ireland did pony up the most though...

Thomas will always be hurt by the fact he was the QB of a defense that was talented but folded under pressure in key situations and rarely had a deep playoff run.
Defense of the QB is never more real then when you look at his career.....

Peyton has said numerous time he was the most intelligent opposing player her ever faced...

He should get the HOF bid, but I'm partial....

I would still take him on 3rd or 4th and short before any other NFL LB, including Urlacher, Lewis, etc....

Defense of the QB is never more real then when you look at his career.....

Peyton has said numerous time he was the most intelligent opposing player her ever faced...

He should get the HOF bid, but I'm partial....

I would still take him on 3rd or 4th and short before any other NFL LB, including Urlacher, Lewis, etc....

Well, I'm not trying to knock the guy. He could go sideline to sideline better than any LB I've ever seen. But unfortunately unless you watched him play there is nothing that makes him jump off the page. You can't tell great MLB play by stats unless the guy gets a lot of sacks or INT's (not really his game) and the team performance lacked.

It's a lot easier for a pass rusher to distinguish themselves because guys don't really just accumulate sacks without doing something right, whereas average linebackers can still get a lot of tackles.

Well, I'm not trying to knock the guy. He could go sideline to sideline better than any LB I've ever seen. But unfortunately unless you watched him play there is nothing that makes him jump off the page. You can't tell great MLB play by stats unless the guy gets a lot of sacks or INT's (not really his game) and the team performance lacked.

It's a lot easier for a pass rusher to distinguish themselves because guys don't really just accumulate sacks without doing something right, whereas average linebackers can still get a lot of tackles.
Tackles were not a tracked stat when ZT's career started.....

But the rumor was, had it been tracked, one of his early years he registered north of 300 tackles combined....

His presence on the stat sheet under tackles was by no accident, I do understand your logic though...

That should be never had a deep playoff run. Or a run at all actually.

Thomas was never on a defense that won more than a single playoff game in any season. Their record in the divisional round was 0-3, and they lost in the wild card round in 1997 and 2001.

Back
Top Bottom