"sorry charlie" only the best for Tuna.

fishfanmiami

Let's go Dolphins
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It’s classic Bill Parcells.
His goal, Peter King believes, is to pay the top pick less money than what the No. 1 pick received in 2007. Only Parcells has the personality to pull this off. And pull it off Parcells will, if the player who ultimately agrees to terms gets good advice based on the best interests of the player, not on the self-interests of his agent.
I wrote about the Parcells’ draft-pick dynamic on Friday for SportingNews.com, but that’s not gonna stop me from addressing it in further detail here.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...eing-parcells/

****GO FISH *:hi5:***

Last edited by a moderator:
REALLY!!! First I heard of this.....LOL

Good to see we got the #1 pick overall just in time. I'm sure this issue will be revisited during next offseason to prohibit from pre-draft negotations.

Pre-draft negotiating benefits the teams more than the players in my opinion.

Good to see we got the #1 pick overall just in time. I'm sure this issue will be revisited during next offseason to prohibit from pre-draft negotations.

Pre-draft negotiating benefits the teams more than the players in my opinion.

The NFL needs to install a slotted rookie salary cap similar to the NBA then there will be no need for predraft negotiations.

Big money contracts should go to those players who prove it. Give the vets the big money contracts.

The NFL needs to install a slotted rookie salary cap similar to the NBA then there will be no need for predraft negotiations.

Big money contracts should go to those players who prove it. Give the vets the big money contracts.

Bullseye

Link and dont post entire article? He said that he wrote it and writes for the Sporting News...

Great Article Mike, thanks for sharing with us. Amazing we now have a Front Office that is respected and has some mojo.

Nice Dolphin (mahi-mahi style) and nice thread, FishFanMiami.

Nice article, very good content. I hope the CBA will be fixed in the next negotiation. It's not fair that the vets don't get the $ they are due, because unproven rookies command such money. The union has failed the players that pay them, and the agents run more than they are entitled. Can you say Robert Gallery or Jamarcus Russell.

i think everyone agrees with this post. vets have earned it, they should get it.

i'm also of the belief that the rookies don't need to receive a big money contract until they prove themselves positively on the field,and i'd say off the field too,but i know that stuff happens and off the field issues will happen,but mainly on the field!!!!

Didn't Mario Williams sign with the Texans before the draft a couple of years ago?

Link and dont post entire article? He said that he wrote it and writes for the Sporting News...

Great Article Mike, thanks for sharing with us. Amazing we now have a Front Office that is respected and has some mojo.

Care to check that? But really, thanks for your help.

Its a PFT article, we require you not post entire articles, link it, and credit the source.

Back
Top Bottom