Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just listened to an interview he did with the Finsiders today and when he was discussing his upcoming free agency he said "Hey Joe, remember me?!" As if to suggest he wants a call.

It's his last chance for a big pay day. I hope he's motivated beyond that at this stage of his career.

we know tons o' fans don't want Jennings, but I look at it like not so much bringing in a receiver, as it's more like adding a coach… who better to mentor our receiver corps than a guy who's "been there done it" at a consistent high level… he'll also be beneficial to our kids presently on PS, and to whomever we draft in April… sign him for 4, pay for 2, opt out year 3 or 4…

Well he doesnt look like a hard sell in that interview...

It will be interesting if we keep Hartline, sign Jennings, and draft a WR in round 1 or 2.

we know tons o' fans don't want Jennings, but I look at it like not so much bringing in a receiver, as it's more like adding a coach… who better to mentor our receiver corps than a guy who's "been there done it" at a consistent high level… he'll also be beneficial to our kids presently on PS, and to whomever we draft in April… sign him for 4, pay for 2, opt out year 3 or 4…

The thing is, he's 29, not 38. Everyone seems to think he's got nothing left in the tank, but he showed that he's definitely capable of still playing. He is a leader, he was a captain in Green Bay and I wouldn't be surprised if he took over a leadership role on the offense if Reggie is let go.

Since coming back, his stats were:
vs. Minnesota 4 catches / 46 yards
vs. Detroit 1 catch / 27 yards
vs. Chicago 4 catches / 50 yards
vs. Tennessee 7 catches / 45 yards / 1 TD
vs. Minnesota 8 catches / 120 yards / 2 TD

Playoffs
vs. Minnesota 4 catches / 61 yards
vs. San Fran 6 catches / 54 yards / 1 TD

If anything it seemed he was getting better as games went on. Sign this guy.

Sign Jennings or Wallace, if hartline is really asking for 5 mill let him walk and draft cordderalle(sp) patterson at 12

There's a lot of smoke here but I've also seen a couple of people who claim to be in the rumor circle who said that it's the 'worst kept secret' in the NFL that Jennings is going to be signing with Miami.

Jennings will be about 3.5-4M cheaper than Wallace, although Mike is the WR I want...Jennings is a fine consolation prize.

Too bad we couldn't sign Wallace and Jennings and let Hartline walk if he didn't sign a team-friendly deal. It's a pipe dream though. I agree Jennings is a nice consolation if Miami decides not to go after Wallace for whatever reasons. Jennings seems like a good fit.

I don't understand the fascination with Mike Wallace. He isn't a complete WR. He's just a speed guy. Like a better Ginn or Gates. Sorry, but I'd rather look for that speed guy in the draft than spend all that money on a one trick pony. Jennings seems to be better value in FA.

When a team like the Steelers lets you walk, that kind of means something in my book.

Back
Top Bottom