Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Feb 1, 2013.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Just listened to an interview he did with the Finsiders today and when he was discussing his upcoming free agency he said "Hey Joe, remember me?!" As if to suggest he wants a call.

2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

3. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

would love to see him in a fins uni next season

4. Rambo

Rambo been here for a while Donator

It's his last chance for a big pay day. I hope he's motivated beyond that at this stage of his career.

5. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

we know tons o' fans don't want Jennings, but I look at it like not so much bringing in a receiver, as it's more like adding a coach… who better to mentor our receiver corps than a guy who's "been there done it" at a consistent high level… he'll also be beneficial to our kids presently on PS, and to whomever we draft in April… sign him for 4, pay for 2, opt out year 3 or 4…

6. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

Well he doesnt look like a hard sell in that interview...

7. dolfin530

dolfin530 Student of the Game

It will be interesting if we keep Hartline, sign Jennings, and draft a WR in round 1 or 2.

8. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

The thing is, he's 29, not 38. Everyone seems to think he's got nothing left in the tank, but he showed that he's definitely capable of still playing. He is a leader, he was a captain in Green Bay and I wouldn't be surprised if he took over a leadership role on the offense if Reggie is let go.

Since coming back, his stats were:
    vs. Minnesota 4 catches / 46 yards
    vs. Detroit 1 catch / 27 yards
    vs. Chicago 4 catches / 50 yards
    vs. Tennessee 7 catches / 45 yards / 1 TD
    vs. Minnesota 8 catches / 120 yards / 2 TD

Playoffs
    vs. Minnesota 4 catches / 61 yards
    vs. San Fran 6 catches / 54 yards / 1 TD

If anything it seemed he was getting better as games went on. Sign this guy.

9. 72 silky

72 silky Well-Known Member

Sign Jennings or Wallace, if hartline is really asking for 5 mill let him walk and draft cordderalle(sp) patterson at 12

10. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

There's a lot of smoke here but I've also seen a couple of people who claim to be in the rumor circle who said that it's the 'worst kept secret' in the NFL that Jennings is going to be signing with Miami.

11. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I like Jennings.

12. Fin-O

Fin-O Active Member

Jennings will be about 3.5-4M cheaper than Wallace, although Mike is the WR I want...Jennings is a fine consolation prize.

13. JDOE

JDOE Pro Bowl Kicker

Too bad we couldn't sign Wallace and Jennings and let Hartline walk if he didn't sign a team-friendly deal. It's a pipe dream though. I agree Jennings is a nice consolation if Miami decides not to go after Wallace for whatever reasons. Jennings seems like a good fit.

14. SkapePhin

I don't understand the fascination with Mike Wallace. He isn't a complete WR. He's just a speed guy. Like a better Ginn or Gates. Sorry, but I'd rather look for that speed guy in the draft than spend all that money on a one trick pony. Jennings seems to be better value in FA.

When a team like the Steelers lets you walk, that kind of means something in my book.

15. Jt0323

Jt0323 A True Fan

lets hope so!

16. Dogbone34

Dogbone34 cowboy surfer

Miami has to get Greg Jennings.

17. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I am leaning re-signing Hartline, sign Jennings and find a speed merchant in the 2nd round.

18. MiamiCalifornia

MiamiCalifornia Well-Known Member

This has the potential to be the most epic off-season ever. Whether its epically good or epically bad remains to be seen. Either way, it's going to be bedlam.

19. J Tes

J Tes next generation

Stedman Bailey

20. Fin-O

Fin-O Active Member

Hes a young playmaker, when was the last time we had one of those in Miami?

21. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Don't kid yourself, Mike Wallace is a top shelf talent. We need a player who can take the top off a defense, force them to play deep, and produce touchdowns. Mike Wallace does those things, but he's more than that.

The notion that he 'only runs go routes' is just silly.

22. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

He will go to the team that offers him the most money.

23. SkapePhin

You think a good organization like Pittsburgh would just let a young playmaker in his prime walk if he really had potential going forward? It's not like the Steelers are stacked at receiver like the Packers... Heck, Hartline had more yards than Wallace in 2012.

Wallace is way overrated on this forum

24. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Sounds nice but we'll need more. I hope we sign both Jennings and Cook and draft Ertz/Eifert still. Would be the makeover our offense has needed.

25. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

Sign him, keep Hartline and use him as a third WR, draft a Patterson and see what trade value (not sure if he is an UFA) Bess is. I would think that Bess would be worth a 4th rounder, if eligible.

26. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Wallace would definitely be a high risk/high reward type signing but I agree, he's not just a one trick pony. I would think abut signing him along with Jennings if they don't like any of the WRs in the draft.

27. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

I think you need to take into count the Steelers cap situation...they don't really have a choice.

28. damanref10

damanref10 Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Hmmmmmm remember that Plaxico Burress guy?

29. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Flowers of May

Jennings seems to not be returning to GB for 2013. But then again, being reunited with his assistant coach would not hurt.

30. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

If a guy who gives you 1,100 yards a season and 8+ TDs a year is overrated, then I'll take overrated every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

31. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

I would certainly would love to see Jennings in a Miami Dolphins uniform! Show the man the money!

32. Sean

Sean Just Win, Baby

This sounds like what Karlos Dansby did, he always knew he was going to be a Dolphin.

33. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

If Ireland is really serious about adding playmakers to the offense and making this offseason count, then he will Sign Jennings (Or Wallace), re-sign Hartline, AND draft a WR in round 1 or 2.

34. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

I'd like to see them resign Hartline get Jennings & draft a wr on day 1 or 2.

This will be Wallace's 2nd contract, he is the type of player you want to draft not bring in.
    He got those gaudy stats in the Steelers O with Big Ben scrambling around and then heaving it deep. Those stats probably won't come with him if he signs here. I watch all the steelers games, there is a reeason they gave the big money to their other WR and not Wallace.

35. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

Freaking A.

36. DudeleBroski

DudeleBroski Well-Known Member

Teams lets talented players that they cant afford go all the time. How can you not know this?

37. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

THE REASON THE STEELERS LET HIM WALK , is because they have a WR (that they just gave a big contract to (BROWN) and they dont need 2 wrs doin the same thing ,i mean they both play the same poss , and do almost the same route running (going deeeep) and they really couldnt afford to pay BOTH GUYS BIG MONEY. its not that they didnt wont to keep Wallace , its that Wallace wanted to get paid , and pitts just couldnt put upthe big money for both WRs.

38. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Seasoned Veteran

If they sign Jennings or Wallace (or Bowe) AND re-sign Hartline, I can all but guarantee you they will not take a WR in round 1 or, most likely, the first 2nd rounder either.

39. Doug385

Doug385 Well-Known Member

this offseason is about upgrading the wr position. bringing in a talent like jennings is #1, Hartline is a f/a and if he's looking for #1 money and does not accept a hometown discount, see ya. raw size and speed can be had in this draft, and if we are able to draft patterson at 12 then Ertz with our 2nd, im all for not showing hartline the money.

40. Atila

Atila Atila - the freshmaker. Finheaven VIP

He says he wants to be here... that tells me nothing. What if he wants to be here but has to be paid $10mil/yr?

Did he go on and say "I'm willing to play for Miami for a big discount because that's how much I want to play for the Fins!!" No he said nothing like that, he wants to play here AND get paid as much as possible.

So, it doesn't really mean anything to us, from our point of view, at this point. Just sayin', don't get your hopes up just cause he vocalized that he wants to play here. All things equal, I'd say a lot of players would like to play in Miami.

41. dcnr226

dcnr226 A True Fan Donator

At this point, if Jennings really wants to be in Miami, is it that absurd a notion to think that Jennings takes a modest contract and we still go after Mike Wallace? They do complement each other perfectly..

Draft a TE, give the reigns to Lamar Miller...and we still have 20 million in cap room and numerous draft picks to play with.

The football equivalent of what the Heat did. And if you think the notion is silly, i'd remind you that the Ravens did almost the same thing in aquiring Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and drafting Torrey Smith.

42. Valbon8

Valbon8 Phins Up!

Bring in Jennings, draft Quinton Patton in the 2nd, and let Hartline walk. Yeah, he had 1000 yards, with 1/4 of those and his ONLY td in the Arizona game. He had about 750 over the next 14 games and zero tds. I'd rather spend the money on corners like Cox or Grimes and then let Matthews play on the outside with Jennings. Then Bess and Patton in the slots.

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

43. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Markus Wheaton = Mike Wallace

why pay someone bank when you can get them for cheap?

Jennings, Bailey, Wheaton, Hartline, Matthews

trade Bess

44. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Green Bay have already told him he isnt staying, if the Packers didn't mind (and why would they) it wouldn't surprise me if Jennings had already worked out in Miami or even held contract talks. I know its technically against the rules but if the Packers dont mind why wouldn't the Dolphins get in early?

Sign Jennings, keep Hartline, draft Woods and Swope ... a WR core of Jennings, Hartline, Woods, Bess, Swope and Matthews could put points on anyone. Sign Finley, keep Fasano, draft a tackle and our offense is sorted.

45. dailejav10

dailejav10 Well-Known Member

Finfan54 ...I absolutely love your draft I don't know if it's realistic but I still love it; if we have a draft like that we are on our way.

46. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

Just because Jennings wants to be here doesn't mean we won't have to match what other teams offer him. I doubt he takes anything to be considered a "modest" contract.

We will sign one or the other, and honestly it will probably boil down to contract terms and negotiations...I would think Ireland and Philbin are open to both options, and will draft according to how FA pans out.

47. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

Anyone who thinks he only runs the nine routes should watch that TD he scored against the NYG this year when he caught the slant and did the rest.

48. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

There's a good point to be made here. Jennings is indeed a more complete #1 type of WR than Wallace. Wallace is a pure deep threat and a bit faster than Jennings. However, Jennings is still a deep threat nonetheless as well as a complete WR who can play multiple positions at WR. Also signing Jennings and drafting a top notch pass rusher at 12, we can still use a 2nd rounder on a starter opposite Jennings and a 3rd on a deep threat WR (to play the Wallace role), this isn't a bad idea. It also allows us to let Starks walk to free up money to add a Jared Cook or Dustin Keller at TE. :)

But if we grab Wallace, we should still grab two WRs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I of course don't want Hartline back so... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
  49. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

The notion that Jennings is a scrub or the fact that he isn't fast is hilarious.

Dude was a top deep threat for years and he can run every route out there. He's a complete WR and is what this offense needs, get open for Tannehill.

50. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

You would think Jennings is a RB or something with all the he's slow and old comments. WRs don't start slowing down until like 35.