Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami

I am leaning re-signing Hartline, sign Jennings and find a speed merchant in the 2nd round.

This has the potential to be the most epic off-season ever. Whether its epically good or epically bad remains to be seen. Either way, it's going to be bedlam.

I don't understand the fascination with Mike Wallace. He isn't a complete WR. He's just a speed guy. Like a better Ginn or Gates. Sorry, but I'd rather look for that speed guy in the draft than spend all that money on a one trick pony. Jennings seems to be better value in FA.

When a team like the Steelers lets you walk, that kind of means something in my book.

Hes a young playmaker, when was the last time we had one of those in Miami?

I don't understand the fascination with Mike Wallace. He isn't a complete WR. He's just a speed guy. Like a better Ginn or Gates. Sorry, but I'd rather look for that speed guy in the draft than spend all that money on a one trick pony. Jennings seems to be better value in FA.

When a team like the Steelers lets you walk, that kind of means something in my book.

Don't kid yourself, Mike Wallace is a top shelf talent. We need a player who can take the top off a defense, force them to play deep, and produce touchdowns. Mike Wallace does those things, but he's more than that.

The notion that he 'only runs go routes' is just silly.

Hes a young playmaker, when was the last time we had one of those in Miami?

You think a good organization like Pittsburgh would just let a young playmaker in his prime walk if he really had potential going forward? It's not like the Steelers are stacked at receiver like the Packers... Heck, Hartline had more yards than Wallace in 2012.

Wallace is way overrated on this forum

Sounds nice but we'll need more. I hope we sign both Jennings and Cook and draft Ertz/Eifert still. Would be the makeover our offense has needed.

Sign him, keep Hartline and use him as a third WR, draft a Patterson and see what trade value (not sure if he is an UFA) Bess is. I would think that Bess would be worth a 4th rounder, if eligible.

Don't kid yourself, Mike Wallace is a top shelf talent. We need a player who can take the top off a defense, force them to play deep, and produce touchdowns. Mike Wallace does those things, but he's more than that.

The notion that he 'only runs go routes' is just silly.

Wallace would definitely be a high risk/high reward type signing but I agree, he's not just a one trick pony. I would think abut signing him along with Jennings if they don't like any of the WRs in the draft.

You think a good organization like Pittsburgh would just let a young playmaker in his prime walk if he really had potential going forward? It's not like the Steelers are stacked at receiver like the Packers... Heck, Hartline had more yards than Wallace in 2012.

I think you need to take into count the Steelers cap situation...they don't really have a choice.

Hmmmmmm remember that Plaxico Burress guy?

Jennings seems to not be returning to GB for 2013. But then again, being reunited with his assistant coach would not hurt.

If a guy who gives you 1,100 yards a season and 8+ TDs a year is overrated, then I'll take overrated every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom