sounds like ricky resinted the style of play the dolphins exicuted | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sounds like ricky resinted the style of play the dolphins exicuted

ltfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

FINS COULD BE "BETTER OFF"

Retired running back Ricky Williams spoke again on Monday with Dan LeBatard of the Miami Herald, and Williams tried to diminish the impact of his sudden retirement by 'splaining that he might have been doing the team a favor by leaving.

''Maybe it was perfect timing,'' Williams said. "You don't know. Travis [Minor] is cheaper, quicker, faster than me. Maybe they'll be better off without me because now they can play real football. What we were doing, handing the ball to me every time, wasn't real football. And it wasn't successful, obviously. We didn't even get to the playoffs with me there. Now they can do something different, and see if they're good at that."

Williams also told LeBatard that (as we reported last night) he is indeed back from Asia and that he's now "bouncing around" the U.S. with rocker Lenny Kravitz (not that there's anything wrong with that).

He recognizes that his decision was motivated by his own self interests. 'This was selfish, but I don't think of 'selfish' as an insult,'' Williams said. "The only way to make others happy is to make yourself happy. Your happiness depends on how you take care of yourself. I'm taking care of myself now. In the end, the only person who makes you happy is yourself."

Williams also gave insights as to the reactions of teammates as to his move. In response to the criticisms of center Seth McKinney, who called Williams a quitter, Ricky said, "'I owe Seth an explanation? That guy owes me. I almost got my head taken off last year because of him.''

He got support, however, from defensive end Jason Taylor. ''He was very, very cool," Williams said. "He said, 'I respect you. You have the strength to walk away that the rest of us don't have.'"

Williams also found support from the first running back to send shock waves through the NFL with a premature retirement -- former Browns great Jim Brown. ''I applaud him,'' Brown told the Herald. "You can't be a free thinker if you only think the way everyone else does. Ricky is going to other worlds to study other cultures. Our own president doesn't even care about other cultures."

w.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

further down in the article it says ricky didn't likt the battering ram style of play we did.

Understandable. It was easy predict what we did, and it wore on his body, that he disliked it is perfectly understandable.

Back
Top Bottom