Source-Dolphins active in meetings with free agent receivers at combine. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source-Dolphins active in meetings with free agent receivers at combine.

"Receviers"

"
clear.gif

Start at the top of the list and work your way down. Hopefully we won't have to look that far and get a deal done soon.

i like wallace i just dont think hes a 12mil a year type wr.

Ideally we would bring in Greg Jennings, resign Brian Hartline, draft Cordarrelle Patterson and Ryan Swope. That would give us 3 guys who instantly work in our system and a deep threat with great potential. We would have a veteran to lead the locker room and help the draftees develop. We would have players who fit into Philbin's and Sherman's system and cause no drama off the field. We would have a good distribution of ages with Jennings as the elder statesman, Hartline and Bess as the young veterans, Matthews, Patterson and Swope as the youngsters. We would have depth at the X (Patterson, Jennings, Matthews), Y (Hartline, Matthews, Swope), and slot (Jennings, Swope, Bess) and a strong 6 receiver corps that could withstand injuries and legitimately go 5 wide.

In a perfect world we would find a way to draft Tyler Eifert as well to give us a deep seam threat and red zone mismatch TE. It would also make the 2 TE formation viable as well.

Yeah, Mike Wallace would be great too, but I'm not convinced Miami will pay his price. I think Jennings has delusions of 12M+ per year, but nobody is going to pay that price, so if Green Bay doesn't Franchise him, we might win that price war.

I would rather give Jake Long 3 years @ 30 M and draft 3 new receivers. If Ireland wants to, he could draft WR's with the first 3 picks and the problem is solved. No need sign other teams guys.

You either get Wallace or Jennings or Tannehill is gonna wear handcuffs for at least another 12 games until your rookies develop. Look at Justin Blackmon. He was useless for 10 games.

You either get Wallace or Jennings or Tannehill is gonna wear handcuffs for at least another 12 games until your rookies develop. Look at Justin Blackmon. He was useless for 10 games.

Who says he won't even if we get one of those guys? It's not like either of them really lit it up last year.

I'd be very happy if we just grabbed Domenik Hixon. I do think we have a shot given the Giants cap situation, especially with their WRs - though they did just sign Will Beatty for 7.5mil (19 guaranteed) which is outstanding (I guess this is how they win superbowls, making out great with their own FAs who are entering their primes). But anyway, Hixon has sneaky deep speed, is a very good special teamer, can play outside or in the slot. Had he been given more chances, I think he would've had a very nice year. Them drafting Rueben Randle in the 2nd will be Hixon's ticket out, I would think. Or maybe Devery Henderson, who has always averaged >14yds/catch.

Hard to gauge a rookies performance before they hit the field, I think. Almost like Ted Ginn Jr. When the fins picked him early. At Ohio State he was a beast....but that's the gamble all teams take.

I would be happy with Wallace but at the same time I would be just as happy with just drafting two or three receivers early and using our money on other needs like Corner, Line, Pass Rusher

Back
Top Bottom