Source: Dolphins Will Try to Re-Sign Bush

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by OyeDale305, Dec 24, 2012.

1. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

2. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

I really hope he does not get overpaid

3. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

What Does it matter to you tho? Why is this more about money than keeping Reggie. Keeping Reggie is more important than what it costs to keep him. I agree don't over pay. But I don't even think we need to say that. We are not going to over pay for Reggie. Reggie I doubt is looking for top running back money. Reggie wants to stay here. He will accept the deal of we offer him one

4. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

If the Dolphins offer him a fair contract, I think they can get him back. I am not sure he can find another team that can give him as big of a role as the Dolphins gave him the past two years.

5. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

Dang, that article has me excited for the offseason!!!

6. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

It matters because he probably will want more money than he deserves! We need as much money this free agency we can to fill in other holes so yeah it matters to me and the whole fan base!

7. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

He'll be back.

8. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

9. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree with you Nubs, I think Reggie likes it here. How the staff is starting to use him, and the franchise he could help restore like he's said before.

10. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

Best guess is he stays

11. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Reggie definitely likes it in Miami and most fans and players like him and thats a good mix.If we resign him we'll get the last few good years out of him kinda like we did with Ricky Williams.So glad we finally used him in the damn passing game!

12. Phins117

Phins117 A True Fan

I think he will be back. I feel he really like the atmosphere here and to be honest I don't think other teams would have him on their radar as primary MUST SIGN. We may see Reggie for another 3 to 5 season.

13. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Good news if this is correct. You can't let your only playmaker on the offensive side of the ball get away. A frontloaded 3 year deal would be ideal.

14. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

That article has me damn excited for the offseason.

15. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

Reggie bush should take the offer if it fair along with the fact it's Miami a great city, and no state tax. Also gets to watch heat games for free on local channels.

16. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

3 yrs 15-18 million should do it!!!

17. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

well we arent resigning long so that freed up a Bunch of money...If we start using him correctly (roll outs, screens, putting him in the slot) bush is deadly...

that roll out pass for a td yesterday made me happier then Ive been all year...

18. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

We can say a lot about Ireland but this is one area I feel confidence about. He's good about not overpaying for a player.

19. PlexGod

PlexGod Starter

i agree.... we sometimes miss out on good players because of it but it has also saved us from some terrible FAs. i think we can get bush for like 3 years 12-14 mil with like 5-6 guarenteed

20. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

Call me crazy but I'm thorn on Bush. One the one hand he can make some plays and will have some good/great games from time to time. On the other hand he kills a lot of drives by taking negative yards by trying to do too much. Add to that the fact that I really believe Miller who is bigger and just as fast and doesn't take all those negative yards and will cost a whole lot less, then I'd use that money to fix another position and start Miller next year. Fact is that they're both very similar but I believe in the end, Miller will help our offence better but making plays and not taking the number of negative runs that Bush gets by dancing around so much. We have other holes to plug for us to spend a ton of money on a position where we have a guy already in place....that's just my 2 cents.

Ozzy rules!!

21. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I totally agree.

22. MarshallFin1

MarshallFin1 A True Fan

alot of arm chair gms on these forums. Since your all so confident in your gm, why not let him decide what bush is really worth? for crying out loud.....

23. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Maybe because this is a forum where people discuss their opinions

24. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

I'm fine with re-signing him, as long as it's a good contract. They shouldn't overpay for Bush, but he's a big part to this team.

25. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

Get

How are we going to fill any holes if you dont want to payup for anybody? Thats how free agency works, players take the best deal. We dont pony up the cash, good players arent coming here.

26. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

With every yard L. Miller gains, Reggie's contract gets smaller.

27. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

THIS!!!!!

Upgrade and save money. I really dont think Reggie is coming back.

28. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Very true, just like Columbo was a big part of the team last year. Both are talked about too much, and both are the biggest reason our punter gets as much work as he does. We got rid of one drive killer last year, this year we need to get rid of the other.

29. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Well the majority of dolphin fans have little confidence in Ireland so hence the discussion.

30. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I personally think Bush will be back. I just hope we dont outbid ourselves as we often do. I dont think any team is gonna back up the brinks truck for Bush.
    I personally hope we do a three year contract. Its pretty hard to gauge what we should pay Bush though.

31. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

What is fare for Reggie ,3 years $12 mill with 3 mill bonus

32. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Not sure thatw ill get it done. He will definately want more bonus money. My fear with Bush is he will ask for way too much so I hope we let market set what we pay him

33. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

Dream on!

34. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

Hopefully Bush will accept a fair deal and resign. He's familiar with the system and playing on natural grass can help extend his career. I think it would be a good fit for him and the Dolphins who are a up and coming team on the rise.

35. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

Amazing how many fools there are in the world, and how many are DOLFANS.

You better be prepared to offer BUSH $5 Million/year, for at least 3 years, preferably 4. Because ANYONE w/a brain in the NFL, and especially anyone who saw Sunday's game, was by Monday saying "Staff, get me ALL of the REGGIE BUSH tape you can find, and give me ALL the info you can find about his career...injuries, etc.!!! And be QUICK about it!!!". SOMEONE (and i/m/o, more than one) will offer REGGIE A LOT of money. You people are dreaming if you think that anything under $4.5 Million/year will get it done.

Sometimes this forum reminds me of Fantasyland: any minute now, I expect the Mouse, the Duck, and the tall spastic Dog to come dancing down freakin' Biscayne Boulevard while singing "It's A Small World After All"!!! I mean...JESUS H. CHRIST, people: get real and SOBER UP!

36. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

I'd pay Bush 3 years 19 mil with 10 guaranteed.

I'd try to trade DT for anything taht can contribute towards taht 19 mill because thats just how USELESS DT is.

37. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

That may be the number who knows, hell we might franchise him. Im all for three years and I could live with that contract

38. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd like to know where he may end up if he does go. i think the pack need a rb, but I would love it if he stays. Bush, Miller & Thomas are a good trio.

39. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

I would be willing to overpay as long as its heavily incentive based and its a contract that allow us to get away from him before any season.

40. FinFan4Ever89

FinFan4Ever89 Member

Lets get it done!

41. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

Bush has 14 of the team 59 offensive TD's over the last 2 years and has been the td leader each year.

Without him we win 3 or 4 games this past year.

Pay the man. he deserves it.

42. FINSONFIRE

FINSONFIRE Member

Sign him now!!!!

43. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

[Unless Reggie's demands are unrealistic, sorry but you don't let one of your biggest playmakers walk - especially when the franchise's popularity is flagging and that playmaker is its most visible popular player not to mention its classiest frontman , leader and hardest worker! While you don't wanna give away the store, by the same token you don't wanna be penny wise and pound foolish begrudging a few extra bucks for those invaluable contributions and intangibles either.

44. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

You need to reward hard working playmakers. Weeks ago BB said he was worried about reggie bush. that should tell u something aside from the great endzone catch he made.

45. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Uh keeping salary flexibility to sign OTHER good players is more important to me than to overpay for someone. This is not the MLB, there is a salary cap. So yes, it should matter to EVERYONE what our players are getting paid.

With your logic how about we sign Jake Long to 15 million a year now, it don't matter what he gets paid right?

46. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

I also love it when someone uses the phrase "arm chair GM's", guess what, a bunch of these ARM CHAIR GM's would probably do a better job than Ireland could ever dream of.

47. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Don't give two ****s what somebody gets paid. It's not my money. It's also just a hobby for me to watch football. My pay in my job is more important to me than what Bush will be getting from Miami.

48. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

They got locked into a bad premise and can't let go. That's all it is. Very familiar among bar stool fans, or that happy talk mindset in general The only difference is it's a player on our team.

When Reggie was a Saint it became fashionable to knock him as an overrated player. Threads popped up here and elsewhere. Happy talk backslapping euphoria. Fairly soon they took it so far it became not merely overrated, but no good period. That's when the hilarious comparisons started popping up. Saying it was one thing, believing it was downright scary.

Look, I make plenty of mistakes on player evaluation. And that will continue. Certainly in higher percentage than my younger years because I don't follow anything nearly as closely as I used to but I still like to have an authoritative opinion and tone. Seriously, what good is a maybe post? I don't make maybe bets. They are going to grade those tickets one way or another.

If my evaluation fails at least I now I started out on the proper side, the 60/40 or greater likelihood side. I certainly had a weak opinion on Reshad Jones, after watching him fail in diagnostic roles against several types of offenses at Georgia, whether it was diagnosing the spread or Georgia Tech's flexbone or college versions of pro style passing attacks. I'm thrilled I was wrong about Jones, although I'm not convinced his path will remain upward instead of flattening out or naturally declining somewhat.

The Reggie Bush knockers embraced anything but 60/40 math. They took a kid who was a dominant legendary talent at every level and somehow decided he wasn't anything beyond reserve scatback caliber. The odds of that holding up were absurdly low. That's what I mean by lack of credibility. The ones who let it go were sharp and learned a valuable lesson. The ones who stick to it now are not only comically pathetic but they forfeit credibility with every word. Notice that all the supporting arguments have slipped away one by one. Reggie can't run on grass. Reggie has low yards per carry. Reggie gets hurt all the time. Reggie is not a team player. Those claims look ridiculous these days but they were the centerpiece at one point. That's what you deserve, and that's what you get, when you doubt a special talent. Now they've desperately resorted to fixation on dancing, and somehow believe the lack of those steps would equate to 4 or 6 yards on those carries if he merely churned his legs normally. :lol:

49. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 A True Fan

3 years 15 mill. I'll take it.

50. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Reggie didnt get the job done in No but is doing great in Miami. One teams trash can be another teams treasure> Always liked Reggie coming out of college has special skills. If we can sign him to a realistic contract , not one that makes him among the best paid in nfl because he is not deserving of that but a fair contract I would be quite excited to have him back