Source: Dolphins Will Try to Re-Sign Bush | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Dolphins Will Try to Re-Sign Bush

well we arent resigning long so that freed up a Bunch of money...If we start using him correctly (roll outs, screens, putting him in the slot) bush is deadly...

that roll out pass for a td yesterday made me happier then Ive been all year...

We can say a lot about Ireland but this is one area I feel confidence about. He's good about not overpaying for a player.

i agree.... we sometimes miss out on good players because of it but it has also saved us from some terrible FAs. i think we can get bush for like 3 years 12-14 mil with like 5-6 guarenteed

Call me crazy but I'm thorn on Bush. One the one hand he can make some plays and will have some good/great games from time to time. On the other hand he kills a lot of drives by taking negative yards by trying to do too much. Add to that the fact that I really believe Miller who is bigger and just as fast and doesn't take all those negative yards and will cost a whole lot less, then I'd use that money to fix another position and start Miller next year. Fact is that they're both very similar but I believe in the end, Miller will help our offence better but making plays and not taking the number of negative runs that Bush gets by dancing around so much. We have other holes to plug for us to spend a ton of money on a position where we have a guy already in place....that's just my 2 cents.

Ozzy rules!!

If the Dolphins offer him a fair contract, I think they can get him back. I am not sure he can find another team that can give him as big of a role as the Dolphins gave him the past two years.

I totally agree.

alot of arm chair gms on these forums. Since your all so confident in your gm, why not let him decide what bush is really worth? for crying out loud.....

I'm fine with re-signing him, as long as it's a good contract. They shouldn't overpay for Bush, but he's a big part to this team.

Get

It matters because he probably will want more money than he deserves! We need as much money this free agency we can to fill in other holes so yeah it matters to me and the whole fan base!

How are we going to fill any holes if you dont want to payup for anybody? Thats how free agency works, players take the best deal. We dont pony up the cash, good players arent coming here.

With every yard L. Miller gains, Reggie's contract gets smaller.

Call me crazy but I'm thorn on Bush. One the one hand he can make some plays and will have some good/great games from time to time. On the other hand he kills a lot of drives by taking negative yards by trying to do too much. Add to that the fact that I really believe Miller who is bigger and just as fast and doesn't take all those negative yards and will cost a whole lot less, then I'd use that money to fix another position and start Miller next year. Fact is that they're both very similar but I believe in the end, Miller will help our offence better but making plays and not taking the number of negative runs that Bush gets by dancing around so much. We have other holes to plug for us to spend a ton of money on a position where we have a guy already in place....that's just my 2 cents.

Ozzy rules!!
THIS!!!!!

Upgrade and save money. I really dont think Reggie is coming back.

I'm fine with re-signing him, as long as it's a good contract. They shouldn't overpay for Bush, but he's a big part to this team.
Very true, just like Columbo was a big part of the team last year. Both are talked about too much, and both are the biggest reason our punter gets as much work as he does. We got rid of one drive killer last year, this year we need to get rid of the other.

alot of arm chair gms on these forums. Since your all so confident in your gm, why not let him decide what bush is really worth? for crying out loud.....

Well the majority of dolphin fans have little confidence in Ireland so hence the discussion.

I personally think Bush will be back. I just hope we dont outbid ourselves as we often do. I dont think any team is gonna back up the brinks truck for Bush.
I personally hope we do a three year contract. Its pretty hard to gauge what we should pay Bush though.

Back
Top Bottom