South Africa will host the 2010 World Cup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

South Africa will host the 2010 World Cup

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=300630&cc=5901

It was already known that the 2010 World Cup would be the first in Africa, and the African nation to get it is South Africa. Morocco's biggest advantage over South Africa was it's proximity to Europe (obviously the fans of European teams would prefer the shorter trip) but South Africa has the better facilities.

Bring it to South Africa. IMO That is where it should be. I did not even know about Morocco being a contender. Who cares about the Europeans. Just make them take the trips like any other fan ex. South America, North America etc.

Prime Time said:
Bring it to South Africa. IMO That is where it should be. I did not even know about Morocco being a contender. Who cares about the Europeans. Just make them take the trips like any other fan ex. South America, North America etc.

I never said that all Europeans wanted Morocco, but I do think that the Portugeese would rather have a short trip to Morocco than a long trip to South Africa.

Well sheet! I am sure the Americans would rather have the WC in Mexico than in South Africa, so lets have it there? :rolleyes:

This is a great moment not only for South Africa but for the whole continent of Africa. It will be the first time ever that the World Cup will be held in Africa. Morocco was very eager and almost desperate to win the bid for 2010, I almost feel pity for them because they have been wanting to host the event for a quite a long time. But South Africa already has the facilities and the infrastructure that would allow them to host the event even for 2006. South Africa has already hosted the Rugby World Cup and the Cricket World Cup, obviously these sporting events don't compare to the Football World Cup, but it gave them experience. South Africa's rugby/football stadiums are among some of the finest in the world, but they plan on making improvements to several of them before hosting the games in 2010. FIFA has already made an announcement that the World Cup in 2014 will go to a South American nation. In translation: Brazil will host the WC in 2014. Argentina was the last S.America country to host the WC in 1978. Brazil had hosted in 1950.

But enough of 2010 and 2014, I hope to be in Germany for 2006 watching USA get it on!

1174000_186161-1.jpg

Nelson Mandela holds the most coveted trophy in sports, the gold FIFA World Cup Trophy, as South Africa is awarded the right to host the FIFA World Cup in 2010.

Nice picture there. I think Peru should hold the WC in 2014, but you are right, it will most likely be in Brazil.

Dolfan02 said:
This is a great moment not only for South Africa but for the whole continent of Africa. It will be the first time ever that the World Cup will be held in Africa. Morocco was very eager and almost desperate to win the bid for 2010, I almost feel pity for them because they have been wanting to host the event for a quite a long time. But South Africa already has the facilities and the infrastructure that would allow them to host the event even for 2006. South Africa has already hosted the Rugby World Cup and the Cricket World Cup, obviously these sporting events don't compare to the Football World Cup, but it gave them experience. South Africa's rugby/football stadiums are among some of the finest in the world, but they plan on making improvements to several of them before hosting the games in 2010. FIFA has already made an announcement that the World Cup in 2014 will go to a South American nation. In translation: Brazil will host the WC in 2014. Argentina was the last S.America country to host the WC in 1978. Brazil had hosted in 1950.

But enough of 2010 and 2014, I hope to be in Germany for 2006 watching USA get it on!

1174000_186161-1.jpg

Nelson Mandela holds the most coveted trophy in sports, the gold FIFA World Cup Trophy, as South Africa is awarded the right to host the FIFA World Cup in 2010.

South Africa tried to get the 2006 World Cup and only lost by one vote to a European nation, Germany. South Africa already has some big stadiums and they are definitely capable of hosting in 2010. Brazil will host in 2014 and then in 2018 it is supposed to be in either North America or Oceania from what I heard.

iceblizzard69 said:
Brazil will host in 2014 and then in 2018 it is supposed to be in either North America or Oceania from what I heard.

As much as I want United States to host the World Cup in 2018, it's about 90% that it will NOT happen. FIFA execs will soon finalize a World Cup rotation that will give every 3rd World Cup to a European nation. And I think it's a good idea. Considering that Europe started the sport that is now played in every corner of the world, and it still provides the most influence. Plus there's nearly 50 European nations, which many are capable of hosting the games, whether alone or jointly. So the rotation would be something like Africa, South America, Europe, Oceania, North America, Europe, Asia. So it's pretty certain that WC 2018 will be in Europe AND WC 2022 will probably go to an Oceanic country (Australia, New Zealand) since they have never hosted it before. Then I would say North America for 2026, the earliest possible is 2022.

Can you believe we're already talking about the year 2026!? :cooldude:

Dolfan02 said:
As much as I want United States to host the World Cup in 2018, it's about 90% that it will NOT happen. FIFA execs will soon finalize a World Cup rotation that will give every 3rd World Cup to a European nation. And I think it's a good idea. Considering that Europe started the sport that is now played in every corner of the world, and it still provides the most influence. Plus there's nearly 50 European nations, which many are capable of hosting the games, whether alone or jointly. So the rotation would be something like Africa, South America, Europe, Oceania, North America, Europe, Asia. So it's pretty certain that WC 2018 will be in Europe AND WC 2022 will probably go to an Oceanic country (Australia, New Zealand) since they have never hosted it before. Then I would say North America for 2026, the earliest possible is 2022.

Can you believe we're already talking about the year 2026!? :cooldude:

From what I heard, they grouped Oceania and North America together, so you won't see a country from Oceania host it one year and then see a North American nation host it four years later. I think that when it is North America/Oceania's turn, Australia will be the nation awarded the World Cup. They have some huge stadiums and have never hosted before.

Australia would be a nice place to have a WC. It looks very nice and has some real nice stadiums. :lol: We are looking way into the future though...

Back
Top Bottom