Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature'

'because that's my nature'

OK, Nature Boy Sparano .... you're "Kings New Clothes" naked in your running game.

They're lining up 10 in the box & you're knocking your head against a granite wall.

Our O-line hasn't blocked squat in your 3 years .... ridiculous for an ex-Line coach, who can't judge OL-men & put together a line ... THREE YEARS!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... Kings New Clothes ... like to see you walk the walk!!

P.S. Everyone wants speed ... but Miami can't utilize it with no block/run & the Dinky-Dunky pass. I guess you want a "FAST" 3 yards!! lol

sparano122110-1.jpg

All indications point to Ross giving Sparano more than one year to build a winner..
The extension, the raise, and the current statement by ross that Sparano should not
worry about short term success..I think it would take a tremendous amount of failure
a total implosion for Ross to kick Sparano out..

LOL You mean like the Harbaugh hoopty?

Words don't mean squat, watch the actions!! No scoring = No Ticket Sales ... nuff said!!

Sparano said it wrong, he should have said the best offense the team can play is what will be played. By depending on a running game you include the TE and fullback, thus you're not dependent on the QB to win the game all the time; he just has get the ball in the hand of the play makers.

As long as we win I don't care. However, I do hope he plays to win. If he continues to play not to lose, I don't see Miami doing well in 2011; and he should be gone after the season.

And this is why we will never win with sparano. He's a stubborn old man unwilling to adapt.

The rush attempts = winning can be a flawed argument.
The only reason why rushing = winning
is because dolphins rush more when they have a lead to burn time.

When the dolphins fell behind last year and had to play catch up
they couldn't just run the ball for a score
the dolphins could take 10 min off the clock in one series
that's great when u have a lead but usually drives
would stall and we would settle for 3 points.
Bottom line rushing 30 times per game is easier said than done.

Wins will put arses in seats more than a high flying offense. So, I have no issue whatsoever with the focus being on running the ball as long as we do it successfully. I do not really understand this obsession with "airing it out" all the time that permeates the fanbase these days.

It's just great watching this buffoon dig his own grave. Too bad he's got to drag the franchise down with him while Ross cheers him on.

Spazrano sucks. Since Jimmy Johnson we've had to endure a team that's both bad and boring. If we're going to have a bad team why can't it at least be exciting? I really hate Spazrano at this point.

It doesn't sound like he learned his lesson. To defend Tony and speculate he had no authority over his OC is kind of a weak argument to make, but even if it was true Henning is gone. And his downfall was his stubbornness and arrogance in regards to his own system, rather than using that as a base from which to pick things his players would be most successful with.

Three years into this regime were are back where we started during the offseason of 2008. Treadmill Tony has got us spinning our wheels instead of actually getting someplace. The defense is close to what we need, but on offense we have to rebuild both the running game and passing game. Oh, and find a QB capable of winning games when he has to and avoid losing games the rest of the time. Piece of cake.

It's all kind of sad at this point. Ross has nobody to blame but himself for this mess. He wants excitement and people in the seats, but so far has done the opposite this past year to do just that. While Tony talks about being a run-first team, problem is, you can't run if: 1) you don't have a top-teir RB; 2) an OL that can make holes for your RB; and 3) you have to EFFECTIVELY pass to keep defenses from putting 8 or 9 in the box. We have NONE of that right now, so how are we exactly going to run the ball when we can't even scare defenses enough to think we might burn them with the pass when they bring the said 8 or 9 guys to the box. All this starts with the QB and until we address that CORRECTLY, the rest is just wishful thinking.

The rush attempts = winning can be a flawed argument.
The only reason why rushing = winning
is because dolphins rush more when they have a lead to burn time.

When the dolphins fell behind last year and had to play catch up
they couldn't just run the ball for a score
the dolphins could take 10 min off the clock in one series
that's great when u have a lead but usually drives
would stall and we would settle for 3 points.
Bottom line rushing 30 times per game is easier said than done.

Agreed. The Eagles have passed the ball 59% of the time in the Reid era yet have had some success.

To be successful IMO, a team needs to get at least 24 points by the early 4th qtr. Then, they can grind the clock out & get the 30 carries that way.

Not at all. I really don't see the Fish as a threat so there's not much animosity towards them.

JT is what? LOL... a situational pass rusher that played about 10% of plays. LT is what he is. He's going to continue to split carries with Shonn Greene until we run him into the ground. Neither one of them are irreplaceable and neither was instrumental to our success. We have the best OL, even a half dazed Joe McKnight ran for well over 100 yards when given the chance.

You're not from NYC. Rex Ryan RUNS NY. He can take a **** on the Empire State Building and the newspapers would praise him as a great motivator. Lets put this in perspective: this guy is so damn charismatic that he basically got away with pimping out his wife to dudes for his own pleasure and we all said "hey, it's no big deal". No one could've gotten away with that. He's that damn good.

Maybe the Hurricanes over Rutgers. But that's debatable.

The Jets have a Top 3 defense. Marshall is so good, he scores once every 5 + games. I'm shaking. Long is great. Brick is very good. The difference is, Long is the only one on your OL that can block while Brick is part of the best OL in the NFL, not just the AFC East.

Lets make it interesting. If the Jets make the playoffs and the Fish don't, you have to change your signature to a picture of Sanchez (I'll choose the picture). If things happen as you "see it", I'll do the same with a Fish player of your choice.

Er, Nublar is a raging homer and his assertion that the Dolphins are right now better than the jets is absurd, but I Am in NY and the Jets are #3 at best as far as NY teams go in popularity. This will always be a Yankees first town, the Giants (inarguably) have a much bigger fanbase and a much more storied history than the jets, nd although they suck right now the knicks are big again after the Melo deal. I listen to sports talk radio almost everyday and honestly even the jet cheerleaders on WFAN dont take rex's fat windbag self congratulatory BS seriously anymore. Once you GUARANTEE something, dont come thru, then continue to make the same guarantee... you look like a real *******.

NFL Caliber coach:

[Team] will have [run/pass] -first offense "because that's the style that best fits our personel & staff. It is the stategy that will be the most conducive to winning, and it's implementation is NOT fully based on my own personal preoccupations and biases'"

this league's evolved past the run first mentality - that's not even up for debate. it's funny b/c the NFL did this on purpose to make it more exciting for the fans - being that DB's can't even breathe on receiving options anymore - yet some are still too stubborn to accept what has clearly already happened.

run the ball a ton - i don't have a problem with that. but you can't succeed anymore having a 'run first' mentality - and the rules dictate that. you have to use the passing game to set up the running game and not vice versa to succeed in the NFL these days. if not, you're either prehistoric or unconfident in your QB - neither one being awesome scenarios.

3 yards and a cloud of dust...probably a good thing that there is a lockout...cause if we do play football in 2011 barring a massive unforeseen qb from heaven dropping into our laps this teams gonna blow chunks

Back
Top Bottom