Sparano refers to free agency "a lot" when addressing the running back position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano refers to free agency "a lot" when addressing the running back position

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Coach Tony Sparano referred to free agency "a lot" when addressing the running back position on Tuesday.
The Palm Beach Post was already under the belief that Darren Sproles would be a target for Miami, and Sparano is placing a high priority on finding a back that can take it to the house in the passing game. Even if they go the free agent route at tailback, the Dolphins still seem likely to add another back such as Mark Ingram, Mikel Leshoure, or Ryan Williams in the draft.

www.rotoworld.com

isnt Sproles undersized for what Sparano and all them like? You'd think theyd be more interested in Steve Slaton. I dont think Sproles can "take it to the house"

isnt Sproles undersized for what Sparano and all them like? You'd think theyd be more interested in Steve Slaton. I dont think Sproles can "take it to the house"

He wasn't nearly as effective last year as the previous years

Sproles isn't a good idea, especially with kickoffs being cut back. He's not that good anyhow.

i sure hope we don't plan on giving darren sproles $30 mil...ehhh...

I think its at least clear now that we're going to pick a running back in the draft and then the back we go after once free agency starts depends on the type of back we pick in the draft. If we get a 3rd down speedy back in the draft (like Williams or Locke), then we'll get a thumper in FA. If we get a thumper in the draft (like Ingram or LeShoure or Powell) then we'll go after a third down back like Sproles.

Not taking a RB in this draft class is is = to not taking a TE in last years class.

Miami needs to grab a RB, whether it is Mark Ingram in round 1 or Carter, Vereen, Murray, Rodgers, etc. later on in the draft

Not taking a RB in this draft class is is = to not taking a TE in last years class.

Miami needs to grab a RB, whether it is Mark Ingram in round 1 or Carter, Vereen, Murray, Rodgers, etc. later on in the draft
I agree except we also need QB,WR,TE,OG,and another pass rusher a lot of needs for so few picks. But I do agree we should pick up a RB even if it is a mid round type. BY the way I like your mock draft.

We could take Jaquizz Rodgers in round three if we want a Darren Sproles type.

We could take Jaquizz Rodgers in round three if we want a Darren Sproles type.

Rodgers stock has really slipped after the combine . . . he went from being a top 100 guy, to being mocked in the 5th and 6th rounds. I really could care less, I would love Quizz on this team, but I think we can probably get him later than the third.

rodgers stock is gonna be hurt also cause with the rule changes the return game isn't gonna be as big a factor...going forward

Agreed. I think Ingram & Carter would make the best duo. But, LeShoure & Rodgers would be okay too.

Other later round RB's to consider; Taua (NV-Reno) & Helu (Nebraska).

My ideal: trade down, grab a QB with that first pick and a RB with the second. Barring that, a QB with the #15 and a RB with the 3rd rounder would suit me just fine.

ingram and carter are too similar...one or the other but not both...you need a bellcow and a change of pace back...some thunder and lightning

Back
Top Bottom