Special Teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Special Teams

Csonked Out

Club Member
Reaction score
My biggest fear this week was how good or bad our special teams play would be. We have a UDFA punter and a UDFA kicker and we have ranked near the bottom of the league in Special Teams efficiency in the last couple of years. What a performance by these young guys though, Darr avg. over 54 yards a punt and had one go over 60 that completely changed the field position for the team early on in the game. Franks was bombing touchbacks all day long and didn't miss, and than Landry takes one to the house.

We can complain about a lot of things, but our special teams play stole us a win today, and it has been a long time since I have been able to say that. Yes we have work to do, but any time you win a game you don't deserve to win it's a good day. Especially, when the way you win has been one of your biggest areas of needed improvement.:hclap:

Lamike James is worrisome as a returner though he coughed it up in the preseason and again today to open the 2nd half. Notice they put him in the doghouse and put Landry back there. That ultimately won us the game with his nifty PR TD. Both rookie kickers did great today.

it was nice to see a kicker that can reach the end zone ... i'll take a touch back on every kickoff ....

FGs looked solid with a lot of leg ....

Both are improved and cheap!!!

Back
Top Bottom