Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by foozool13, Aug 22, 2013.

1. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

2. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

That sucks!

edit! I am first in the warzone!

3. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Re: Dion Jordan Won't Be Ready for Week 1

Bring him back when he is 100% ready do not even think about rushing him back to play some long term insignificant league game and make this injury a long term issue.

4. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yep...this is what i was worried about...this blows

got ireland talking to trainers about restricted range of motion in a harness etc...probably gonna deal with this all year...

got our top 2 picks nursing injuries and missing time...medical concerns about both of em coming out as prospects

5. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

its ok vernon is pretty good himself, Jordan needs to take his time

6. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Whatever.

I dont understand how he could play in the Dallas game, perform well, and then not be back to practice since.

7. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

This would absolutely suck - but then again it's Rotoworld so their "sources" could well originate from assclown Evan Silva continuing to be drunk onfins haterade.

8. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

He MIGHT not be ready for week 1. No where does it say he is definitely out.

Let him rest if he needs it, we don't need him anyway to beat the Browns. Get him ready for the Colts game.

9. dolpns13

You think we can handily beat the Browns? I sure as he** dont.

10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if he misses week 1 odds are good he's not playing week 2 either folks...and that browns team is improved...we need all hands on deck dammit all...

once he even starts practicing if and when he does knowing philbin it will be weeks before he lets him take any game action...wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't suit up before the bye week in a game...this sucks

11. finfanaz

finfanaz A True Fan

Will be a bummer if he doesn't play early but I'm excited with the prospects of Olivier Vernons Sophomore season.

12. hoops

hoops exited stage left

the other concern here and its a legit one is a he doesn't suit up by the bye week or even week 4 an out of the blue ir where they decide to ice him...very realistic if he doesn't play early...

13. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

The fact that we feel good about Olivier Vernon just proves how bad of a draft pick this was. We didn't have much of a need there AND DE was a position loaded with quality free agents like John Abraham and Dwight Freeney. Meanwhile we BADLY NEEDED Offensive Line help, especially at Guard, as it's turned out, and Ireland COMPLETELY FAILED to address our biggest need after WR (at least he did that).

Now, the 2013 season hinges on John Jerry. Well played, Ireland. Even better job, Stephen Ross.

14. Nublar7

Depends what you mean as "handily". I don't expect a blowout, but yes I expect the team will beat the Browns. The Dolphins should easily be the better team.

15. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Your playing with words. Him not being ready sucks. we are in no shape as a team to start saying we "don't need" a guy to win. We need everything.

16. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

So, Miami will go 1-5 to start the season, or worse, and then you can just shut down Jordan for the year.

17. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

I agree there is a lot to be seen from the big master plan.

18. eger

eger Starter

No biggie, when he was drafted I said this was not a position of priority. This was a luxury draft pick, we had other pressing needs. Vernon IMO can be a Pro Bowler, so if he can't suit up then I think we'll still be fine. Jordan was a waste of a draft pic until he proves otherwise.

19. hoops

hoops exited stage left

they're beginning week 1 game prep after this weeks game...got 2 weeks to get ready...if he's not practicing in full next week no chance he plays week 1...none

pretty much no chance already i'd say given the way they have handled him...

20. dolpns13

I cant remember the last time we beat the Browns. They Browns are also expectin to beat us as much as we are expecting to beat them. Miami is not a team where they can just look at any other team in the league and say, yes, I expect to beat you.

21. uk_dolfan

So the solution to our issues was a round one guard? Rightttttttt

22. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

You said a bit ago that he would be ready for week one and I should not worry about it. In fact, pretty sure you said you would start to worry if he was not available Week one.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

I question how much Jordan helps at all this year

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

23. uk_dolfan

Its disappointing if he doesnt play week one but im sure as hell not going to rush an injury so he can play a regular season game against the browns.

24. Hayden Fox

I agree 100 percent with that

25. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

[​IMG]

26. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

As soon as I saw this pop up on B/R I knew the experts would be along with their 'I told you so's.' Let's see how Jordan is going into the final week of preseason.

27. SSnowman

SSnowman Starter

28. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

It'll definitely be unfortunate if he can't go, but there's no sense in rushing him back just for the heck of it. Might as well let the shoulder heal fully so he can be 100% when he is ready to go. The DLine was a strength even before we drafted him, so we'll be fine IMO.

29. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

I think he's gonna end up on injured reserve.

30. Nublar7

Could you imagine the reaction if the Dolphins had traded up to draft a guard? People were ready to hang Ireland when they thought he traded up for an offensive tackle at #3.

Now there is speculation that Jordan MIGHT not be ready for week one, no report or news saying he is definitely out. Just that he MIGHT not be ready. He MIGHT very well not be ready for week 1, but he also MIGHT be ready to go week 1. People are overeacting once again acting like it is not only a fact that he is out week 1, but some are talking about him being out up through the bye week? One person even suggested that the team might shut Jordan down for the entire season.

Of course you have the usual hindsight of "Ireland sucks", "bust" and other typical overeaction based on something that may or may not happen. Almost the same as how people flipped out in May over the report that Jordan was going to have a lengthy training camp holdout over "offset language". Didn't happen, but that didn't stop people from bagging on Ireland, Aponte and the Dolphins in general.

Not surprising that Miami this week was voted as having one of the league's worst fan bases.

31. Hayden Fox

I expected Jordan to mak an impact this year. When you pick at 3 and trade up to boot...the player needs to contribute. If you hung in the early teens and kept your early two, you might have two more contributing players.

With that said, I will show patience and look fwd to his return and reinforce the point that O.V.was the going to beat Jordan out for reps anyways.

32. hoops

hoops exited stage left

they drafted this kid to help get the pass rush over the top and to be utilized in coyles no one knows who's dropping and who's coming pressure schemes...you likely don't have your best move athlete and best athlete period for week 1 and probably longer...it's a big deal...don't let the homers tell you anything different...

it's a big deal...if you get a heading into the bye week tuesday dolphins place dion jordan on ir don't be shocked by it...i've seen this song and dance before and it's highly likely if he's not playing by the bye week they ice him...philbins not just gonna carry a man long on the 53 since he can't pup him he can't use...i guarantee it

coyles schemes are more limited without dion jordan in the fold...he can still run em but not with the same level potential miismatches in dion jordans slot...and make no mistake about it he is a big part of this defenses packages if healthy...from a drop and cover aspect to a move around pressure player...huge really

33. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro

I'm fine with draft picks being long term investments as long as they pay a little dividends along the way. This is dissapointing but I'm also worried about Jamar Taylor. I guess with his Kidney condition he cannot take anti inflamatorys. I know everyones body is different but for me the amount of time I take to recover from an injury with anti inflamatorys vs without is night and day. What I'm getting at is everytime Jamar Taylor gets hurt it may take him longer to recover becuase of this. We'll see how it goes and we have a LOONGGG time before we can make an accurate judgement but i'm not tickled that our first 2 draft picks have medical red flags.

34. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Good points hoops...although we saw some of that drop into coverage, move around athlete from Vernon last year. He's not the same athlete that Jordan is but not much choice right now. I have no issue with people being pissed at Ireland for moving up and drafting an injured player...at #3 overall where you should be getting a day 1 starter/high impact player...then taking another injured player in round 2...not smart.

Right now, somewhere on NFL network Heath Evans is laughing.

35. finfanaz

finfanaz A True Fan

Hindsight is 20/20... The forum would've been in meltdown mode if we took Lane Johnson (who's looked like a rookie btw). And did the coaching staff really know how much of a step forward OV took prior to the draft? I don't remember seeing reports on his improvement till OTAs.

36. hoops

hoops exited stage left

anyways i don't have an issue with the pick...he's a legit top pass rush talent with legitimate physical tools...drafting guards don't get you over the hump pass rushers that get you off the field do...and we could use another one

but if the medical was fubarred by our damn medical staff once again that's not acceptable...

dallas thomas had the same damn surgery dion jordan did at the same time and he's full go right now...sucks at tackle but still full go...imo there's more meat to this sandwich with jordans shoulder...no reason he wouldn't be ready like dallas thomas is

if we find out he has a medical degenerative condition in that shoulder or something like that or something he will deal with his entire career than i want every person that green lighted him fired...these dopes are suppose to know what they are doing...

37. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Antwan Applewhite's chances of making the team improve every day.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

The thing that really sucks about this is the time of the season he's most likely to be affected by this is the beginning of the season. That also happens to be the roughest part of the schedule. If the team goes 1-4 to start out the year you can damn well bet they're not recovering to make the playoffs.

38. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

unless hoops has inside information as it pertains to his injury I think its all speculation on his part. sorry hoops your a great talent evaluater. much better then me, but getting everyone worked up about Jordan missing the entire season? is there inside info I'm missing?

39. hoops

hoops exited stage left

that's true on vernon he has plus hips and is pretty fluid...but he's not the burst and stop on a dime and redirect move athlete that dion jordan is...it's not close really...this one is gonna hurt...i had visions of blitzing thru every gap and on overloads and dropping with ease and even carrying coverage and closing like a damn gazelle with this kid in my head...

40. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I think you're overstating a few things. 1st, no one knew how much or even if Vernon would improve before the draft came around. We also signed Lance Louis to compete on the offensive line (although another hurt player signed by Ireland which he should take blame for) expecting him to be ready by training camp. We also drafted Dallas Thomas who SHOULD be playing at Guard and not Tackle, and signed Tyson Clabo...that's 3 O-lineman so essentially the O-line was addressed. Now using your super 20/20 hind sight vision maybe you should have wrote a letter to Ireland to let him know Louis wouldn't be ready by training camp and John Jerry was going to get injured in camp.

41. hoops

hoops exited stage left

of course it's speculation...it comes from experience thougn around this game and knowing the way things work pretty well...i don't have access to his medical...i know he's out right now with a shoulder issue that isn't going away to date...

i'm just putting out there what's very possible...you can choose to ignore it all you want...i'll bet you right now though that best case he won't play in a game for 4 weeks from the end of this week...best case...they will be very careful with him whenever they do green light him if they do...and i bet it's every bit of 4 weeks away before he plays in any game

they are gonna make him practice in full for a couple weeks before they ever consider playing him...

42. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

There are so many rumors regarding this situation I don't know what to believe. CK, have you heard anything about this from the people you know in the organization? Or would this be something you can't share?

43. DolfanISS

Even he said it wouldn't surprise him at all if he misses the opener. How did we draft a DE with Chad Penington's shoulder #3 overall?

44. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

I haven't seen this yet, where did you hear it from?

45. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Me either...it's hard to get a good read since everything is so quiet on injuries from the team during pre-season..I think at this point they also just really are not sure when they will get him back..thus the comments about plan A, B C etc plans for him.

46. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Like I said yesterday it sounds like he's getting worse rather than better. Would rather shut him down now and bring him back after the bye week than risk long term injury.

47. DolfanISS

Omar's twitter feed. i got a reply from Armando on this FWIW:

48. hoops

hoops exited stage left

ck probably knows more about this than i do but hasn't dion jordan at oregon had shoulder issues for years??? i know the stuff i saw of his last year he was playing with one arm pretty much...i wanna say this was more than a one time thing when it came to shoulder issues but maybe i'm off on that...

49. nerfball

nerfball A True Fan

The more we roll along towards the regular season opener, the worse I feel about this team.

50. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 A True Fan

He was fitted for a shoulder harness yesterday but players get fitted for a shoulder harness when they plan on playing with that shoulder harness on..I havent heard any rumors that he is walking around in some harness all of the time.
    Should they play him if hes not 100%? Thats a different story. Right now they are being cautious as they should be...its preseason. But when the games start counting things change. We are over 2 weeks away from game time...thats a long time away and this is all speculation at best right now...nobody knows. He barely practiced in TC and they put him out there for a preseason game...dont be surprised if they do the same come week 1 when it actually counts for something.