Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1

So, Miami will go 1-5 to start the season, or worse, and then you can just shut down Jordan for the year.

The fact that we feel good about Olivier Vernon just proves how bad of a draft pick this was. We didn't have much of a need there AND DE was a position loaded with quality free agents like John Abraham and Dwight Freeney. Meanwhile we BADLY NEEDED Offensive Line help, especially at Guard, as it's turned out, and Ireland COMPLETELY FAILED to address our biggest need after WR (at least he did that).

Now, the 2013 season hinges on John Jerry. Well played, Ireland. Even better job, Stephen Ross.

I agree there is a lot to be seen from the big master plan.

No biggie, when he was drafted I said this was not a position of priority. This was a luxury draft pick, we had other pressing needs. Vernon IMO can be a Pro Bowler, so if he can't suit up then I think we'll still be fine. Jordan was a waste of a draft pic until he proves otherwise.

they're beginning week 1 game prep after this weeks game...got 2 weeks to get ready...if he's not practicing in full next week no chance he plays week 1...none

pretty much no chance already i'd say given the way they have handled him...

Depends what you mean as "handily". I don't expect a blowout, but yes I expect the team will beat the Browns. The Dolphins should easily be the better team.

I cant remember the last time we beat the Browns. They Browns are also expectin to beat us as much as we are expecting to beat them. Miami is not a team where they can just look at any other team in the league and say, yes, I expect to beat you.

The fact that we feel good about Olivier Vernon just proves how bad of a draft pick this was. We didn't have much of a need there AND DE was a position loaded with quality free agents like John Abraham and Dwight Freeney. Meanwhile we BADLY NEEDED Offensive Line help, especially at Guard, as it's turned out, and Ireland COMPLETELY FAILED to address our biggest need after WR (at least he did that).

Now, the 2013 season hinges on John Jerry. Well played, Ireland. Even better job, Stephen Ross.

So the solution to our issues was a round one guard? Rightttttttt

Bring him back when he is 100% ready do not even think about rushing him back to play some long term insignificant league game and make this injury a long term issue.

You said a bit ago that he would be ready for week one and I should not worry about it. In fact, pretty sure you said you would start to worry if he was not available Week one.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

I question how much Jordan helps at all this year

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

You said a bit ago that he would be ready for week one and I should not worry about it. In fact, pretty sure you said you would start to worry if he was not available Week one.

Its disappointing if he doesnt play week one but im sure as hell not going to rush an injury so he can play a regular season game against the browns.

Its disappointing if he doesnt play week one but im sure as hell not going to rush an injury so he can play a regular season game against the browns.

I agree 100 percent with that

So, Miami will go 1-5 to start the season, or worse, and then you can just shut down Jordan for the year.

hennelol2gif-1.jpg

As soon as I saw this pop up on B/R I knew the experts would be along with their 'I told you so's.' Let's see how Jordan is going into the final week of preseason.

It'll definitely be unfortunate if he can't go, but there's no sense in rushing him back just for the heck of it. Might as well let the shoulder heal fully so he can be 100% when he is ready to go. The DLine was a strength even before we drafted him, so we'll be fine IMO.

So the solution to our issues was a round one guard? Rightttttttt
Could you imagine the reaction if the Dolphins had traded up to draft a guard? People were ready to hang Ireland when they thought he traded up for an offensive tackle at #3.

Now there is speculation that Jordan MIGHT not be ready for week one, no report or news saying he is definitely out. Just that he MIGHT not be ready. He MIGHT very well not be ready for week 1, but he also MIGHT be ready to go week 1. People are overeacting once again acting like it is not only a fact that he is out week 1, but some are talking about him being out up through the bye week? One person even suggested that the team might shut Jordan down for the entire season.

Of course you have the usual hindsight of "Ireland sucks", "bust" and other typical overeaction based on something that may or may not happen. Almost the same as how people flipped out in May over the report that Jordan was going to have a lengthy training camp holdout over "offset language". Didn't happen, but that didn't stop people from bagging on Ireland, Aponte and the Dolphins in general.

Not surprising that Miami this week was voted as having one of the league's worst fan bases.

Back
Top Bottom