Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1

I expected Jordan to mak an impact this year. When you pick at 3 and trade up to boot...the player needs to contribute. If you hung in the early teens and kept your early two, you might have two more contributing players.

With that said, I will show patience and look fwd to his return and reinforce the point that O.V.was the going to beat Jordan out for reps anyways.

they drafted this kid to help get the pass rush over the top and to be utilized in coyles no one knows who's dropping and who's coming pressure schemes...you likely don't have your best move athlete and best athlete period for week 1 and probably longer...it's a big deal...don't let the homers tell you anything different...

it's a big deal...if you get a heading into the bye week tuesday dolphins place dion jordan on ir don't be shocked by it...i've seen this song and dance before and it's highly likely if he's not playing by the bye week they ice him...philbins not just gonna carry a man long on the 53 since he can't pup him he can't use...i guarantee it

coyles schemes are more limited without dion jordan in the fold...he can still run em but not with the same level potential miismatches in dion jordans slot...and make no mistake about it he is a big part of this defenses packages if healthy...from a drop and cover aspect to a move around pressure player...huge really

I'm fine with draft picks being long term investments as long as they pay a little dividends along the way. This is dissapointing but I'm also worried about Jamar Taylor. I guess with his Kidney condition he cannot take anti inflamatorys. I know everyones body is different but for me the amount of time I take to recover from an injury with anti inflamatorys vs without is night and day. What I'm getting at is everytime Jamar Taylor gets hurt it may take him longer to recover becuase of this. We'll see how it goes and we have a LOONGGG time before we can make an accurate judgement but i'm not tickled that our first 2 draft picks have medical red flags.

they drafted this kid to help get the pass rush over the top and to be utilized in coyles no one knows who's dropping and who's coming pressure schemes...you likely don't have your best move athlete and best athlete period for week 1 and probably longer...it's a big deal...don't let the homers tell you anything different...

it's a big deal...if you get a heading into the bye week tuesday dolphins place dion jordan on ir don't be shocked by it...i've seen this song and dance before and it's highly likely if he's not playing by the bye week they ice him...philbins not just gonna carry a man long on the 53 since he can't pup him he can't use...i guarantee it

coyles schemes are more limited without dion jordan in the fold...he can still run em but not with the same level potential miismatches in dion jordans slot...and make no mistake about it he is a big part of this defenses packages if healthy...from a drop and cover aspect to a move around pressure player...huge really

Good points hoops...although we saw some of that drop into coverage, move around athlete from Vernon last year. He's not the same athlete that Jordan is but not much choice right now. I have no issue with people being pissed at Ireland for moving up and drafting an injured player...at #3 overall where you should be getting a day 1 starter/high impact player...then taking another injured player in round 2...not smart.

Right now, somewhere on NFL network Heath Evans is laughing.

The fact that we feel good about Olivier Vernon just proves how bad of a draft pick this was. We didn't have much of a need there AND DE was a position loaded with quality free agents like John Abraham and Dwight Freeney. Meanwhile we BADLY NEEDED Offensive Line help, especially at Guard, as it's turned out, and Ireland COMPLETELY FAILED to address our biggest need after WR (at least he did that).

Now, the 2013 season hinges on John Jerry. Well played, Ireland. Even better job, Stephen Ross.

Hindsight is 20/20... The forum would've been in meltdown mode if we took Lane Johnson (who's looked like a rookie btw). And did the coaching staff really know how much of a step forward OV took prior to the draft? I don't remember seeing reports on his improvement till OTAs.

anyways i don't have an issue with the pick...he's a legit top pass rush talent with legitimate physical tools...drafting guards don't get you over the hump pass rushers that get you off the field do...and we could use another one

but if the medical was fubarred by our damn medical staff once again that's not acceptable...

dallas thomas had the same damn surgery dion jordan did at the same time and he's full go right now...sucks at tackle but still full go...imo there's more meat to this sandwich with jordans shoulder...no reason he wouldn't be ready like dallas thomas is

if we find out he has a medical degenerative condition in that shoulder or something like that or something he will deal with his entire career than i want every person that green lighted him fired...these dopes are suppose to know what they are doing...

Antwan Applewhite's chances of making the team improve every day.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

The thing that really sucks about this is the time of the season he's most likely to be affected by this is the beginning of the season. That also happens to be the roughest part of the schedule. If the team goes 1-4 to start out the year you can damn well bet they're not recovering to make the playoffs.

unless hoops has inside information as it pertains to his injury I think its all speculation on his part. sorry hoops your a great talent evaluater. much better then me, but getting everyone worked up about Jordan missing the entire season? is there inside info I'm missing?

Good points hoops...although we saw some of that drop into coverage, move around athlete from Vernon last year. He's not the same athlete that Jordan is but not much choice right now. I have no issue with people being pissed at Ireland for moving up and drafting an injured player...at #3 overall where you should be getting a day 1 starter/high impact player...then taking another injured player in round 2...not smart.

Right now, somewhere on NFL network Heath Evans is laughing.

that's true on vernon he has plus hips and is pretty fluid...but he's not the burst and stop on a dime and redirect move athlete that dion jordan is...it's not close really...this one is gonna hurt...i had visions of blitzing thru every gap and on overloads and dropping with ease and even carrying coverage and closing like a damn gazelle with this kid in my head...

The fact that we feel good about Olivier Vernon just proves how bad of a draft pick this was. We didn't have much of a need there AND DE was a position loaded with quality free agents like John Abraham and Dwight Freeney. Meanwhile we BADLY NEEDED Offensive Line help, especially at Guard, as it's turned out, and Ireland COMPLETELY FAILED to address our biggest need after WR (at least he did that).

Now, the 2013 season hinges on John Jerry. Well played, Ireland. Even better job, Stephen Ross.

I think you're overstating a few things. 1st, no one knew how much or even if Vernon would improve before the draft came around. We also signed Lance Louis to compete on the offensive line (although another hurt player signed by Ireland which he should take blame for) expecting him to be ready by training camp. We also drafted Dallas Thomas who SHOULD be playing at Guard and not Tackle, and signed Tyson Clabo...that's 3 O-lineman so essentially the O-line was addressed. Now using your super 20/20 hind sight vision maybe you should have wrote a letter to Ireland to let him know Louis wouldn't be ready by training camp and John Jerry was going to get injured in camp.

unless hoops has inside information as it pertains to his injury I think its all speculation on his part. sorry hoops your a great talent evaluater. much better then me, but getting everyone worked up about Jordan missing the entire season? is there inside info I'm missing?

of course it's speculation...it comes from experience thougn around this game and knowing the way things work pretty well...i don't have access to his medical...i know he's out right now with a shoulder issue that isn't going away to date...

i'm just putting out there what's very possible...you can choose to ignore it all you want...i'll bet you right now though that best case he won't play in a game for 4 weeks from the end of this week...best case...they will be very careful with him whenever they do green light him if they do...and i bet it's every bit of 4 weeks away before he plays in any game

they are gonna make him practice in full for a couple weeks before they ever consider playing him...

Antwan Applewhite's chances of making the team improve every day.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

The thing that really sucks about this is the time of the season he's most likely to be affected by this is the beginning of the season. That also happens to be the roughest part of the schedule. If the team goes 1-4 to start out the year you can damn well bet they're not recovering to make the playoffs.

There are so many rumors regarding this situation I don't know what to believe. CK, have you heard anything about this from the people you know in the organization? Or would this be something you can't share?

Even he said it wouldn't surprise him at all if he misses the opener. How did we draft a DE with Chad Penington's shoulder #3 overall?

There are so many rumors regarding this situation I don't know what to believe. CK, have you heard anything about this from the people you know in the organization? Or would this be something you can't share?
Me either...it's hard to get a good read since everything is so quiet on injuries from the team during pre-season..I think at this point they also just really are not sure when they will get him back..thus the comments about plan A, B C etc plans for him.

Back
Top Bottom