Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1

Like I said yesterday it sounds like he's getting worse rather than better. Would rather shut him down now and bring him back after the bye week than risk long term injury.

ck probably knows more about this than i do but hasn't dion jordan at oregon had shoulder issues for years??? i know the stuff i saw of his last year he was playing with one arm pretty much...i wanna say this was more than a one time thing when it came to shoulder issues but maybe i'm off on that...

The more we roll along towards the regular season opener, the worse I feel about this team.

He was fitted for a shoulder harness yesterday but players get fitted for a shoulder harness when they plan on playing with that shoulder harness on..I havent heard any rumors that he is walking around in some harness all of the time.
Should they play him if hes not 100%? Thats a different story. Right now they are being cautious as they should be...its preseason. But when the games start counting things change. We are over 2 weeks away from game time...thats a long time away and this is all speculation at best right now...nobody knows. He barely practiced in TC and they put him out there for a preseason game...dont be surprised if they do the same come week 1 when it actually counts for something.

Jordan is going to be a great player, regardless of whether he plays week one or not. Even if he goes on PUP, I still stand by the pick. You have to look at the big picture here. The strength of our team is the DL, so we have capable people to play come week 1. If I am the coach, I would be very conservative with his injury and make sure Jordan is 100% when he plays so that we can have him at the end of the season when we make a playoff push.

he cant go on pup to my understanding...that means we have to carry him on the 53 even if he can't play early in the season...philbin won't do it long

again i'm just putting out there what's possible and what i think as in no play before the bye week at least is probable...not trying to get you guys worked up...just how i see it playing out at this point...

i don't think people though understand the differences personnel wise on our schemes with and without jordan...this d's good now it can be elite with a move and burst athlete like that on the field 100 percent in it...that guy can also help you hide a lot of things on the back end...

disaster...even when irish thinks out the box, he can't get out of his own way...we have to completely revamp our scouting department...its a joke that we trade up countless times to take question marks every damn year...its a normal occurrence by now...

The fact that we feel good about Olivier Vernon just proves how bad of a draft pick this was. We didn't have much of a need there AND DE was a position loaded with quality free agents like John Abraham and Dwight Freeney. Meanwhile we BADLY NEEDED Offensive Line help, especially at Guard, as it's turned out, and Ireland COMPLETELY FAILED to address our biggest need after WR (at least he did that).

Now, the 2013 season hinges on John Jerry. Well played, Ireland. Even better job, Stephen Ross.

I call BS on this. I think you have to get one of the best prospects for your team when you can get him, injured or not. Get him healthy, get him knowledge, and finally get him some practice time. I am MUCH more interested in the next 10 years instead of the next 5 weeks. It's this short-sighted thinking that continues to hold teams back from really building a solid franchise that can span generations of fans.

stay at 12 and take BPA...stop trying to outsmart everybody...we do not have so much talent that the taking of Dion Jordan was going to be the cherry on top...we need day 1 contributors, ESPECIALLY trading up into the top-3...

i commend the move for the BALLS it takes, but our medical staff really sucks the big one...don't take someone that is already hurt and going under the knife...you never know how someone comes back from that...

Omar's twitter feed. i got a reply from Armando on this FWIW:

So armondo said he won't be there week one or omar or Jordan. When it comes to insider info I don't believe anything armondo and omar say. They couldn't even break the FA signings the Fins had this offseason. I wonder how much false information is fed to these two based on the amount of info they get wrong.

I listened again to Coyle's interview from yesterday discussing Jordan. At the 4:30 mark he begins discussing Jordan being out and how it will affect the defense. Then at the 5:30 mark he is asked a direct question if Jordan will be available week one and he says at this time with what we've been told from the trainers he his on track to be ready to play "opening day". I think I will believe Coyle over anyone else. The link is below.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...all_More/dd6e1240-bd7a-43b0-9b4a-c44c38f6be62

No big deal. I don't think anyone expected him to be a major contributor right out of the gate.

So armondo said he won't be there week one or omar or Jordan. When it comes to insider info I don't believe anything armondo and omar say. They couldn't even break the FA signings the Fins had this offseason. I wonder how much false information is fed to these two based on the amount of info they get wrong.

I listened again to Coyle's interview from yesterday discussing Jordan. At the 4:30 mark he begins discussing Jordan being out and how it will affect the defense. Then at the 5:30 mark he is asked a direct question if Jordan will be available week one and he says at this time with what we've been told from the trainers he his on track to be ready to play "opening day". I think I will believe Coyle over anyone else. The link is below.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...all_More/dd6e1240-bd7a-43b0-9b4a-c44c38f6be62

Dion Jordan admitted today he may not be ready for the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom