Sporano: CHANGES?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by showstopper, Dec 28, 2009.

1. showstopper

showstopper Starter

Coach has come out today and said he doesn't think the team has been improving as a whole, in the past month and blames himself. This tells me, his line of thinking is twofold. One, not enough talent(obvious) and two, coaching is not up to par in developing the talent they do have in place. Leads me to this conclusion(my opinion) both co-ordinators are toast! Remember when in last year's off-season, he wasn't satisfied with his O-line's development, O-line coach got terminated.

2. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

I am hoping Henning retires and we get Weis considering it is a BP connection, then Pasqo whatever his name is gets fired and Bowles probably would take over though so not sure how different they really are.

last week he said after the NT spot the LBs are the most important piece to a 3-4 defense so I see 1 ILB and 2 OLB this offseason (I say 1 bc i dont see them cutting Crowder whom just made 20 mill off us last offseason due ot cap hit)

3. nosleep

nosleep Resident GIF Maker

I would tend to agree. If the players aren't developing then who do you blame? Can't blame the players; you have to blame the coaches, or the coordinators...

4. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Changes will be made to the coaching staff and what he is saying right now pretty much confirming this though. Dan Henning is going to retire, and that was the thought even before the 2009 season started. I do think that his replacement will be quarterback coach David Lee.

Paul Pasqualoni is likely out as DC and I see them either going in house with Bowles or going after someone like Al Groh.

5. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd like to see the FO make a run at Romeo Crennell first

6. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

its most likely Lee and Bowles b/c 1) they like to go in house htey said thast why they went iwth the old guys and 2) Bowles was sought out last year by other teams and we didn't let so I doubt he stays as secondary coach.

Sparano HC
    Bowles DC
    Lee OC OR might be Weiss

7. SnakeoilSeller

SnakeoilSeller Scout Team

I dont think Henning will be gone unless he retires.

8. hemidemon

hemidemon Starter

I can see Bowles being promoted. Miami doesn't want him to get away.

9. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

There are going to be changes made on the coaching staff. Henning is will probably retire, and Pasqualoni will get canned.

10. elite14eva

elite14eva Yashu Mane!!! Donator

paul p has to go.

11. bert

bert Starter

why dont they move coach to saftey.he could do a better job than wilson.lol

12. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Henning only goes if he retires. He and Parcells are best friends. That said, I think he will retire and Lee most likely will get promoted. Weiss is more of a Belichick guy then Parcells guy. I am pretty confident that Pasqualoni will get the axe. Crennel would make sense and will probably be considered. Plus he will be a long term DC as long as the defense plays well. I don't see him getting another HC job. Boles is interesting. He was nearly selected by the Lions and I am certain he will be getting more interviews this off season. IMO he and Leslie Frazier are the two top choices for teams interested in getting a defensive minded coach.

13. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Sparano is right. The coaching sucks and he is the worst of them. He must go.

14. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

He needs to take a good look at himself also.

15. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Yea he has some nerve coming out and talking about changes that need to be made.

16. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

You guys are in for another year of self induced misery. Sparano is going nowhere. :lol:

17. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

I support the team no matter who coaches or who plays, but i also call a spade a spade.

18. zodiak

zodiak Starter

So if change takes place within the coaching staff, why the names that have been mentioned?

David Lee-what has he done to merrit being considered a candidate for OC?, aside from introducing the wildcat what has he brought to the table?

Todd Bowles-again what has him so highly thought of? his particular unit has been dismal this year & as best as I can tell grading a position coach starts with how well his unit plays, so again what would one be looking at in deciding that this guy his better than that guy?

Groh/Crennell- again why? both men have been marginal as HC's and their best defenses happened with much better talent than whats here, so how much better can you get...IMO Paul Pasqaloni has done as well as can be expected with this bunch.

Please I ask with an honest tone of curiousity to me deciding a one coach over another often times is a beauty contest or popularity one at best.

BTW any chance if Henning leaves that the phins will revistit getting Pete Carmicheal(?) the coach from New Orleans.

19. PATSSUCK

PATSSUCK Banned Hammered

He is the head coach. He could say whatever the heck he wants. He has to go after two years? Another classic contribution.

20. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

For the love of god can we please spell our own damn coach's name right??

21. PATSSUCK

PATSSUCK Banned Hammered

Eevryone is entitled to their opinion.

22. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

Oc/dc

I didn't like Henning when he was given the gig. Still don't like him. And I don't think he really suits what Miami are trying to do.

Henne had 55 attempts on Sunday. That's not what a running team does. We were without RB, and lost RW in the game, but it would appear that some think that we may become a pass orientated team. Without a decent WR we wont be.

And thats why Henning should go. He doesn't utilise the players that we have to there best ability. He is past his use by date.

Having said that, I don;t want Weis as the OC either. Lee needs another year or two as a positional coach before he becomes the OC.

DC - Pasquolini has no idea. He cannot adapt to the game, and will not change up or down as the game continues. Romeo Crennell or Lovie Smith if he gets the flick would be great additions.

23. jtsacksyou

jtsacksyou A True Fan

Does it really matter how they spell it? Who cares. I just put TS cuz I don't care to have to think about the weird spelling. Its pronounced Sporano spelled Sparano.. who really cares.

Maybe you could check google for a spelling bee forum, im sure you'd have loads of fun on one of those.

24. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

looks like pasqualoni is done. can't disagree at all, although I think a stud at free safety and another at ILB would make him look much better

25. GeauxFinns3705

GeauxFinns3705 Banned Hammered

I agree that David Lee hasnt done anything to warrant being the OC. Same with Bowles for DC. I would rather have Crennell and Weis.

26. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

He's right. He should also blame himself. It's his fault. Now we'll see if he has the stones to make the changes he needs to make, or if he's just a Tuna scented puppet.

27. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

I still wouldn't be surprised to see David Lee get promoted to OC if Henning retires.

28. BGtoKNfor6

BGtoKNfor6 Where is the reset button?

The bottom line is that if the team isn't ready that falls on Sparano and only him. He is the head coach. That being said, TS and the rest of the coaching staff should be turning their paychecks in this past month. They don't deserve a dime.

29. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Sparano is staying. If Pasqualoni and Henning are, it's going to be a shorter than longer stay for Tony.

30. greenmiamicat

greenmiamicat Well-Known Member

a 27-0 hole might have something to do with Henne's 55 pass attempts

31. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

I watched the today's press conference, where did Sparano say all this?

32. Desides

Desides Perennial All-Pro

Exactly what has Charlie Weis done to earn his reputation as a supposed offensive genius? He called plays for an offense with Tom Brady in it. Big deal.

Dan Henning will never be fired, so if he does indeed retire (or "retire" as the case may be) we'll probably promote from within. The two obvious candidate are Karl Dorrell and David Lee. I'm inclined to think that Karl Dorrell would get the promotion, as it's clear something needs to change with the WRs, while offensive schematic continuity going into 2010 is important.

Pasqualoni is probably safe for 2010, though adjustments are clearly needed schematically. On the personnel side, we need improved play from the cornerbacks, a new free safety, and serious attention given to the linebacker position. The good news is that this is a great free agency period for defensive players; Nick Collins, Barrett Ruud, Elvis Dumervil, Karlos Dansby, Ryan Clark, Antoine Bethea, and DeMeco Ryans are all scheduled to be UFAs as of right now, though a couple of those guys could get franchised. Dumervil, Bethea, and Ryans are all likely candidates for the franchise tag.

There isn't really a Mike Maser-type coach this year, a guy who stands out as obviously being a weak link. Henning makes some boneheaded calls, but for the most part he gets the most out of an untalented offense. Pasqualoni will probably be back. The assistant coaches have done pretty well relative to the level of talent they're coaching, Dorrell and Saxon in particular. ILB coach George Edwards might have to fall on the sword, but I doubt it.

Anyone expecting a bloodletting on the coaching staff is probably going to be disappointed.

33. Juma

Juma Well-Known Member

Aslong as Henning and Pasqualoni are gone im ok.

34. Tigers2003

Tigers2003 FinHeaven VIP

I am more upset at PP than anything. There is a talent issue but the D was totally off the mark first half vs. Texans in an embarrasing way. They picked up the blitz. No disguises to the blitz. Too soft in zone. We lay off the blitz exactly when they wanted us too and played into their hands. And quit frankly our effort was attrocious.

Yes, we played with pride the last 30 minutes but that does not win you games..playing full tilt only half of a game. I think this D has lost confidence in him and this here fan has too. I would welcome a change at DC.

35. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

Paul P. makes Wanny look like a genius. Can't get any more Vanilla than this.

36. dolfan305

dolfan305 I Love the Dolphins

things are going to change. change dramatically

37. BigJP

BigJP Rookie

I'm with you, I don't think they would fire him because he's part of the "circle" but I do think he retires willingly or they ask him to step down.

38. BARF

BARF ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

they need to go after established oc and dc

39. ONole1

ONole1 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I have read an heard that Crennel has spent a lot of time around the Dolphins facility this season visiting with his good friend BP. I do expect Pags to be gone, and I wouldn't be upset to see Bowles get a chance, but I see him getting interviews again for HC and if he doesn't get one he will probably get a DC job in Miami or elsewhere.

I would like to see Crennel in as the DC, he may not be a good HC, but is a very innovative DC and does well with the talent he has in front of him.

Henning is going nowhere unless he retires and if he does I believe they will promote Lee.

40. NCFINFAN13

NCFINFAN13 The Phinsuckery Continues Donator

I think PP is a gonner for sure ... but if we don't get an infusion of lb's, a cover safety, and a stud nt, it won't matter.

A verteran number 1 wide out would be nice to, btw.