Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium?

IHearJimi

Representing the 515
Reaction score
Just tweeted out by Ben Volin. Does anyone have an account with Sports Business Journal to post the jist of the article. Interesting if he's sending Miami-Dade a message for a new stadium.

Just tweeted out by Ben Volin. Does anyone have an account with Sports Business Journal to post the jist of the article. Interesting if he's sending Miami-Dade a message for a new stadium.

Lets send a message to ross and tell him no to another handout

Yawn, go ahead and move it if you want, the Dolphins will be back eventually and hopefully to a better owner.

Basically Ross telling Miami-Dade help me renovate Sun Life or Im gone. Man everyday that passes it just uglier for this once proud franchise.

Basically Ross telling Miami-Dade help me renovate Sun Life or Im gone. Man everyday that passes it just uglier for this once proud franchise.

Well its not really that easy and good luck trying to move the dolphins to LA. Read it here now it will not happen. If True it just shows the scumbag that Ross is but oh well

Ross is playing the fear card and look at people buying it! Yep LA is the end all be all NFL town! How many NFL teams have left that place? You think People in Miami don't care about a loser check the shallow people of LA!

I think Ross wants the team to succeed here, but it seems no matter what miami fans won't show up for this team. He spent a billion $ on this team, eventually you have to ask, whats it gonna take?

I started getting worried the dolphins could leave Miami during the pennington run when we were making an incredibly exciting run for the playoffs, and the stadium was still empty.

Well its not really that easy and good luck trying to move the dolphins to LA. Read it here now it will not happen. If True it just shows the scumbag that Ross is but oh well

Dolphins are gone to Los Angeles. Miami lost this team.

The sky is falling the sky is falling!

Lets be realistic Ross has failed at every big play he has attempted since becoming an NFL owner this will be no different he will lose the bid!

I've lived outside LA in the rolling hills of Ventura County. I've been to see the Rams and Raiders at the Coliseum and then Rams at Anaheim Stadium. Always plenty of seats available and a generally blase' crowd once you peeled back the hardcore layer. I also remember when the Seahawks tried to move their franchise to LA, already relocating their administrative office before the league intervened to prevent them. Also remember when Al Davis extorted $6million good faith money from the eastern city of Irwindale supposedly to build a stadium on one of their razed rock quarries. What a scumbag crook he was! I've been to Kings games when they they signed Gretzky and you couldn't get a seat at face value, and then after he was gone when you could pick up a couple from scalpers at less than face value.

The LA Metro area is a huge market, pretty affluent including the surrounding burbs so on paper it's a good market. However they are largely fair-weather fans and those who aren't have been emotionally involved in other teams for so long, it's not likely they'll quickly shift their allegiances. Long way of saying, they will back a team that's a novelty - for awhile, or a winner, but unless the game's not televised locally, the LA/Orange County market is far from a license to print money.

IMO the only thing that keeps Miami in Miami is the taxes. Without that, this franchise Almost for certain would be gone.

uh oh, this doesn't sound like good news. I understand this is Ross' company and not the Dolphins directly, and it should be pointed out that Ross actually stepped down as CEO of Related back in September. Though he did make the statment that his role and activity in the buisness would not change, just the titles. So it would be obvious to conclude that Ross does have a hand in this bid for AEG, and the Los Angeles football proposal.

This may have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Miami Dolphins. Then again, it could have everything to do with it. Ross wants to keep the Dolphins in Miami and the proposed renovations prove that. If the stadium renovations are approved the team is going to sign a long term lease with Miami through 2034. Then all this relocation talk is not even happening. If the renovations don't get approved and Ross' company aquires the LA football plans, yikes! You can call it the "fear card" or whatever you want, but if Ross has both the unrenovated Sun Life Stadium and the future state of the art stadium in Los Angeles, where do you think he will want HIS team playing at? Attendance and local fan support for the Dolphins SUCKS, and yes long term in Los Angeles might not be better. However, initially the LA stadium will be packed you can guarantee it. Ross is 72, he probably doesn't really care if a team fails in LA 15-20 years down the road.

Call it fear, call it whatever you want. This is real people, we all should be worried.

IMO the only thing that keeps Miami in Miami is the taxes. Without that, this franchise Almost for certain would be gone.

Why would it be gone. Its a large tv market, the fans over the years have supported the team quite well and its a great place to have superbowls.

Back
Top Bottom