Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium?

I seriously doubt the NFL would approve of Miami losing the Dolphins. Ross is being an idiot if he is trying to bully the taxpayers into helping to fund the renovations. They just got screwed by the Marlins and Ross is only vilifying himself.

This seems like a strecth to say they are leaving but lets assume they do, will you guys still support the team?

Why would it be gone. Its a large tv market, the fans over the years have supported the team quite well and its a great place to have superbowls.

Because Ross is losing money, and spending his own money just so his own team won't get blacked out. And I'm pretty sure the NFL told Ross until the stadium is renovated, no super bowls will be placed there.

Outside of taxes, there's no reason for Ross to keep the team here. I dont think the team will leave, but it's way more realistic than people think.

This guy is a real estate mogul in NYC, you dont make billions of dollars in NYC real estate sitting around and doing nothing and making bad decisions.

You people are ****ing hilarious. This has nothing to do with the Dolphins. I swear, people just love being negative about everything. I don't get the mindset.

uh oh, this doesn't sound like good news. I understand this is Ross' company and not the Dolphins directly, and it should be pointed out that Ross actually stepped down as CEO of Related back in September. Though he did make the statment that his role and activity in the buisness would not change, just the titles. So it would be obvious to conclude that Ross does have a hand in this bid for AEG, and the Los Angeles football proposal.

This may have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Miami Dolphins. Then again, it could have everything to do with it. Ross wants to keep the Dolphins in Miami and the proposed renovations prove that. If the stadium renovations are approved the team is going to sign a long term lease with Miami through 2034. Then all this relocation talk is not even happening. If the renovations don't get approved and Ross' company aquires the LA football plans, yikes! You can call it the "fear card" or whatever you want, but if Ross has both the unrenovated Sun Life Stadium and the future state of the art stadium in Los Angeles, where do you think he will want HIS team playing at? Attendance and local fan support for the Dolphins SUCKS, and yes long term in Los Angeles might not be better. However, initially the LA stadium will be packed you can guarantee it. Ross is 72, he probably doesn't really care if a team fails in LA 15-20 years down the road.

Call it fear, call it whatever you want. This is real people, we all should be worried.

Yea fan support sucked this year, amazing what 4 straight losing seasons does for u. The NFl and Ross should be ashamed the way they do business at the taxpayers expense. Explain to me why the finalists for the superbowl both had to make major renovations or new stadiums. If this was a real process that served anything but milking taxpayers the finalists would be cities with stadiums up to par already in place. The superbowl bid has turned into a huge scam to try to milk public money for stadiums the nfl should be paying for.

Perhaps the new logo is just going to be the same one with "LA" on the helmet instead of "M". :idk:

There is a better chance of Levi and The Amish Mafia bringing the Dolphins to your area of Pennsylvania ;-)

Basically Ross telling Miami-Dade help me renovate Sun Life or Im gone. Man everyday that passes it just uglier for this once proud franchise.

I think it's very premature to make this assumption as 1) what would Ross do with Miami stadium (Sun Life) which he owns if he moves the team to LA and 2) the NFL will not allow a team to leave the south Florida market for LA as it does not make the league any stronger - financially or otherwise.

More information required!!!

Honestly I don't think Ross is looking to move the team or trying to play a fear card. I think this is purely a business move for his company. I think he has every intention of renovating Sun Life Stadium and keeping the team in Miami for a long time. With that said, should the renovations fall through, the LA option could be on the table and could end up being Ross' "break glass in emergency" down the road.

Would local investors like Marino and others buy the team and keep them here? Hope so

There is a better chance of Levi and The Amish Mafia bringing the Dolphins to your area of Pennsylvania ;-)

Bring back the Pottsville Maroons, the true 1925 NFL champions.

As for the Amish Mafia, here in Pennsylvania we laugh at how fake that show is and how gullible people are. I have watched a few episodes and it is entertaining to watch. Very fake, but still fun to watch.

I don't know what I would do if they relocated...unless it was to Colorado Springs....Hopefully Ross can renovate Sun Life and we can start winning...I think if we continue to lose and not make the playoffs that might be the reason we relocate, as much as the stadium issues and empty seats.

Call it fear, call it whatever you want. This is real people, we all should be worried.

I will indeed call it fear. I will also call it :lol:. Minnesota was much closer to losing the Vikings, yet... it didn't happen. Same with New Orleans. Same with the Jags, who every year are moving to London or Los Angeles except they never do. The Bills started playing half their home games in another country... then resigned with Buffalo.

NFL teams moving locations is a RARE occurrence, and Goodell's obvious zeitgiest is for more teams, not for teams moving. If the Dolphins left Miami you'd just have to put another team in Miami. It's stupid.

Even IF this is an intentional message -- which I doubt -- it's bush league intimidation at best. Ross had the opportunity to get in before the Marlins and get a new stadium in a prime location. The city commissioners were obviously ripe to be won over. But instead he decided to count his nickels and stay in the old stadium until Goodell finally pointed out that it's a dinosaur. I wish I could have been there when the realization finally hit Ross and crew. How painful that must have been, like having a guest come over and politely point out that your house smells like cat piss.

Not getting a new stadium is Ross' fault, and now he and the team have to pay for it. If he wants to make some half assed macho statement about taking the Dolphins out of Miami, let him. I'll be content to laugh.

Question. Lets say worst case the franchise was relocated. Would the city keep the nickname of "Dolphins" like Cleveland did with the Browns? If worst case happened, maybe a new owner would bring a new team a few years down the road and build a stadium with that Orange Bowl feel to give Miami a home field advantage.

Back
Top Bottom