Spurs vs. Mavericks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spurs vs. Mavericks

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
Game 1

:victory: Spurs 87 Mavericks 85

Whew!!

This is gonna be one helluva series.Much props to Bruce Bowen.He came through HUGE. Playing with 2 early fouls. Shuts Dirk down in the 4th. BIG THREE!! HUGE!Duncan has the heart of a champion.Best time to get validation is in the playoffs... huge game by Tim and this proves that in the playoffs he's still the man!!Hes baaaaaaaaack.Now we just need Manu to get back to 05' form.Easily the best series going right now.Looking forward to game 2.

What The Spurs Have To Do To Win Game#2

1. Bowen must once again "shut down" Nowitzki.
Reason: In the two games Dallas won, Nowitzki averaged 32 points while shooting 52.3 percent. In the Spurs' three victories, he averaged 19 points on 35.4 percent shooting.

2. Win the rebounding battle

3. Parker+Manu+Barry+Horry have to shoot better than 15-of-43 (35%), as a whole.

4. Score more points than the Mavs.:D

5. Keep Tim involved down low, he either makes his shot, draws a foul or finds open guys when doubled-all three outcomes are positive.

6. Better bench production from Finley, Horry, Barry, etc.

Go Spurs!!

Game 2 Mavs 113 Spurs 91

Gotta way from the gameplan tonight.Have to give it to the Mavs they played great.Need to regroup for Friday.....This is going to be a dogfight.

Lets go Mavs! I hate the spurs. So boring, its better than sleeping pills.

Boik14 said:
Lets go Mavs! I hate the spurs. So boring, its better than sleeping pills.
Well defense is what wins championships and the Mavs are finally playing it.They have an exciting offense but its no fun if youre just watching teams score.Just imagine if "that" was the case.Talk about boring.Watching teams just score is boring.The Spurs play "real" basketball.

Dre3000 said:
Well defense is what wins championships and the Mavs are finally playing it.They have an exciting offense but its no fun if youre just watching teams score.Just imagine if "that" was the case.Talk about boring.Watching teams just score is boring.The Spurs play "real" basketball.

Its fun to watch teams run the floor....even if they miss the shot its more fun to watch an up and down the court game than a half court game unless you have a guard that dominates in the half court set

Alex22 said:
Its fun to watch teams run the floor....even if they miss the shot its more fun to watch an up and down the court game than a half court game unless you have a guard that dominates in the half court set

More so than anything,my point is is that if teams just run up and down the court and play no defense to me it just isnt fun to watch.The Spurs have an up and down game when its in the gameplan.The thing Im picking up is that people dont really like teams that make you run half-court sets.Tony Parker is the fastest man in the league when healthy.He'll go to the basket with anybody in front of him.Make no mistake the Spurs can run,Im not saying they are a fast break team but can.Id rather see a hard fought 92-88 game than a 147-145 game anyday.

Well I guess you're the one fan. Most of us want to see scoring....there was nothing more entertaining than watching the Lakers in the 80s. Watching the Spurs on offense is painful. They seem more geared towards drawing fouls than actually putting the basketball through the hoop. If we get another Pistons Spurs finals matchup this is going to be the last year the finals are on network tv. Noone wants to watch that garbage.

Ferretsquig said:
Well I guess you're the one fan. Most of us want to see scoring....there was nothing more entertaining than watching the Lakers in the 80s. Watching the Spurs on offense is painful. They seem more geared towards drawing fouls than actually putting the basketball through the hoop. If we get another Pistons Spurs finals matchup this is going to be the last year the finals are on network tv. Noone wants to watch that garbage.
Im not saying that scoring is bad.And the Lakers of the 80's and Bulls of the 90's were fun to watch....BUT w'ere in a different era and it seems if you dont play defense then your chances of getting to the finals are slimmer.Ask the Mavericks.You want scoring then score.If you dont stop the other team from scoring how do you expect to win.Thats the obvious.Look I know watching the ball go in the basket is entertaining but hey defense makes the difference and to hear fans whine about how the Spurs or Pistons play is rather funny.If fast-break teams would play defense then we wouldnt have to worry about seeing the Spurs and Pistons in the finals.Deal with it.

Dre3000 said:
More so than anything,my point is is that if teams just run up and down the court and play no defense to me it just isnt fun to watch.The Spurs have an up and down game when its in the gameplan.The thing Im picking up is that people dont really like teams that make you run half-court sets.Tony Parker is the fastest man in the league when healthy.He'll go to the basket with anybody in front of him.Make no mistake the Spurs can run,Im not saying they are a fast break team but can.Id rather see a hard fought 92-88 game than a 147-145 game anyday.

Yeah 92-88 is a good score and pace for a basketball game, Its not fun if there is no defense...I mean if you know there is a 90% chance your team is gonna score what is the point in watching every time down the floor

Dallas will win. I hate Ginobili, he plays so outta control, and flops all over the place

Dre3000 said:
Im not saying that scoring is bad.And the Lakers of the 80's and Bulls of the 90's were fun to watch....BUT w'ere in a different era and it seems if you dont play defense then your chances of getting to the finals are slimmer.Ask the Mavericks.You want scoring then score.If you dont stop the other team from scoring how do you expect to win.Thats the obvious.Look I know watching the ball go in the basket is entertaining but hey defense makes the difference and to hear fans whine about how the Spurs or Pistons play is rather funny.

...just pointing out why the NBA is quickly becoming falling from the pantheon of major sports. Its the wrong direction to go in and thats proven by the ever decreasing market share. Not many people are entertained by watching those teams play.

If fast-break teams would play defense then we wouldnt have to worry about seeing the Spurs and Pistons in the finals.Deal with it.

Think about that one for a sec. What makes a fast break team? Now explain to me how a fast break team could play defense like the Pistons or Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom