SS and VD

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fanfin, Mar 4, 2013.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

2. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

It's really wild to think one of the MEAN reason why we "Doubled-Up" on the selection of those two players at their respective positions was to avoid just this.

3. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

This thread title is misleading. I thought for sure I would be reading about a bad experience in the backseat of a monte carlo.

4. sirvmac

sirvmac Well-Known Member

Vontae is awesome, nothing but great memories of him playing db for us. He will be really really good.
    Sean Smith I got nothing but horrible memories. I hate his play.
    The way they play the game couldn't be more opposite.

5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

I wish we didn't give up VD and instead traded Smith but oh well. I think VD if motivated will still be an above average cornerback. Smith is hopeless that guy is a *****, he doesn't like to tackle and I don't even remember his last interception.

6. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

VD can be a monster if he gets his head right. Hopefully a change of scenery helps his career. Too much talent to go to waste.

SS is an extremely average CB who has hit his ceiling.

7. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Vontae is pretty good. He'll have a solid career if he can get his head on straight. Sean Smith sucks.

8. royalshank

royalshank Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

VD was a good player for us and has more upside - he can make picks, force fumbles and is very good in run support/tackles well. He's a bit immature in my view. I wish we still had him but oh well.

Smith, I feel like all I do is write about how much I think this guy sucks. Can't make a play when it matters. In fact, can't make a play, period. Has not made a single game changing / momentum changing play for us in 4 seasons. On the other hand, he's made plenty of those for the other team. A complete sack of crap. I don't want him if he was willing to take league minimum. Simply because he's just not "one of MY guys" - I mean, football is about hitting, catching the ball and scoring. He doesn't do any of those things well. In my opinion, he also suffers from "Wannstedt-itis" - the ability to repeatedly come up small in big moments, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, turn a sure-fire good play into a bad one - you know, that kind of thing.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

But you can probably recall like the last 5 dropped INTs!!!

9. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

Who freaking cares 2009 draft class=bust as far as our future is concerned!

10. FinMike

FinMike Well-Known Member

I remember being very optimisitc about this duo when they were rooks. What a shame, this organization couldn't do anything write the last decade +.

11. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Not too hard of a task... 3 alone in the Colts game! :crazy:

I still wish he had Vontae, I still believe he has great potential. Colts fans all over near me seem to generally like him. I think eventually Coyle/Philbin could've turned his *** around. Maybe it was Sean bringing him down.

12. herndonsr

herndonsr Well-Known Member

this def coach i believe is a real stuped for letting v/davis go when was the best corner on the team and then they think marshall can cover give me a break cole you and jeff need to go

13. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Yea Cole isnt a very good defensive co ordinater is he? Never liked Jeff Scotland much either lol