SS and VD | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SS and VD

It's really wild to think one of the MEAN reason why we "Doubled-Up" on the selection of those two players at their respective positions was to avoid just this.

This thread title is misleading. I thought for sure I would be reading about a bad experience in the backseat of a monte carlo.

Vontae is awesome, nothing but great memories of him playing db for us. He will be really really good.
Sean Smith I got nothing but horrible memories. I hate his play.
The way they play the game couldn't be more opposite.

I wish we didn't give up VD and instead traded Smith but oh well. I think VD if motivated will still be an above average cornerback. Smith is hopeless that guy is a *****, he doesn't like to tackle and I don't even remember his last interception.

VD can be a monster if he gets his head right. Hopefully a change of scenery helps his career. Too much talent to go to waste.

SS is an extremely average CB who has hit his ceiling.

Vontae is pretty good. He'll have a solid career if he can get his head on straight. Sean Smith sucks.

VD was a good player for us and has more upside - he can make picks, force fumbles and is very good in run support/tackles well. He's a bit immature in my view. I wish we still had him but oh well.

Smith, I feel like all I do is write about how much I think this guy sucks. Can't make a play when it matters. In fact, can't make a play, period. Has not made a single game changing / momentum changing play for us in 4 seasons. On the other hand, he's made plenty of those for the other team. A complete sack of crap. I don't want him if he was willing to take league minimum. Simply because he's just not "one of MY guys" - I mean, football is about hitting, catching the ball and scoring. He doesn't do any of those things well. In my opinion, he also suffers from "Wannstedt-itis" - the ability to repeatedly come up small in big moments, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, turn a sure-fire good play into a bad one - you know, that kind of thing.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I wish we didn't give up VD and instead traded Smith but oh well. I think VD if motivated will still be an above average cornerback. Smith is hopeless that guy is a *****, he doesn't like to tackle and I don't even remember his last interception.
But you can probably recall like the last 5 dropped INTs!!!

Who freaking cares 2009 draft class=bust as far as our future is concerned!

I remember being very optimisitc about this duo when they were rooks. What a shame, this organization couldn't do anything write the last decade +.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

But you can probably recall like the last 5 dropped INTs!!!

Not too hard of a task... 3 alone in the Colts game! :crazy:

I still wish he had Vontae, I still believe he has great potential. Colts fans all over near me seem to generally like him. I think eventually Coyle/Philbin could've turned his ass around. Maybe it was Sean bringing him down.

this def coach i believe is a real stuped for letting v/davis go when was the best corner on the team and then they think marshall can cover give me a break cole you and jeff need to go

this def coach i believe is a real stuped for letting v/davis go when was the best corner on the team and then they think marshall can cover give me a break cole you and jeff need to go

Yea Cole isnt a very good defensive co ordinater is he? Never liked Jeff Scotland much either lol

Back
Top Bottom