St. Louis Dispatch: Long checked out "fine" physically, no "red flag" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

St. Louis Dispatch: Long checked out "fine" physically, no "red flag"

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Jake Long - T - Dolphins

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports free agent LT Jake Long "checked out fine" in his Rams physical, and there were "no red flags."

The sides' inability to agree to a deal is all about money. The Rams' offer surely takes into account Long's recent injury history, but there are no current worries. While it was obviously a good sign for the Dolphins' chances of re-signing Long that he left St. Louis without a contract, there haven't been any rumblings he's on the verge of re-upping with Miami. That could change in a hurry over the weekend.

rotoworld.com

Big Jake sounds like he is healthy, bring him back at $8 million and fill another huge hole

I agree. There's not a better option out there and I'm ready for this to be done with. It would allow us to focus on CB and pass rusher in the draft, both positions with depth in later rounds.

I agree. There's not a better option out there and I'm ready for this to be done with. It would allow us to focus on CB and pass rusher in the draft, both positions with depth in later rounds.

yup

I just wish the Rams would sign him already.

We need to move on.

Harsh words

The more time he takes to decide, the more chance on losing out on his replacement.

He isn't worth the money, and doesn't fit the system. Signing him is more a heart than head decision.

rotoworld.com

Big Jake sounds like he is healthy, bring him back at $8 million and fill another huge hole
tell me again which patriots olineman makes 8 million to protect Brady. Tell me which one makes 8 on the ravens to protect there Superbowl winning QB? In fact find me a playoff team from last year and tell me how many 8 million dollar olinemen they had...

I'll wait
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Word is other teams are getting involved so this may drag out a while. Can't believe I am saying this but .... I trust Ireland to make the right call on this one.

The more time he takes to decide, the more chance on losing out on his replacement.

He isn't worth the money, and doesn't fit the system. Signing him is more a heart than head decision.

yeah I feel the same way ...

8 million a year, resigns very good LT
or draft a young cheaper stud..

still not a easy decision for the FO ..

We already have enough holes on the oline. Martin is far from being ready to take over for Long. We have a huge question at RG and RT. Both of those positions are not settled.
The smart thing to do is to bring him back and rotate Long and Martin until the team can decide whether Martin is good enough. Solidify the right side, and over haul the left side this year.
We cannot create a new hole at LT and plug in a scrub.... risking RT's blindside. That will just hobble the offense for another year.

We already have enough holes on the oline. Martin is far from being ready to take over for Long. We have a huge question at RG and RT. Both of those positions are not settled.
The smart thing to do is to bring him back and rotate Long and Martin until the team can decide whether Martin is good enough. Solidify the right side, and over haul the left side this year.
We cannot create a new hole at LT and plug in a scrub.... risking RT's blindside. That will just hobble the offense for another year.

Well like I said

This is a tough call for the FO
I'm 65% no
35% bring JAke back myself

But I see this more about money and less about chemistry
8 million is lot for a LT
When your have so many option

1) start Martin and save 8 plus million
2) draft a player in 1st or 2nd round and save 7 million
3) sign a veteran LT/RT and save 3-4 million then sign a Starting CB

Sign Long & Winston & get Warmack with our #12..............

Michigan used zone blocking

Michigan used zone blocking

Do you want to argue that pass protection isn't Long's strong suit, as well as WCO? Really? What was his blocking style in HS?

And just to clarify, I'm not saying Jake's not a beast. Just not worth the money, esp with any injury concerns.

Back
Top Bottom