Stadium upgrade could bring MLS to Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stadium upgrade could bring MLS to Miami

No matter what we wont get superbowls with the frequency we used to because the NFL has found the perfect blackmail tool . Im not against all public funding because a team does benefit Miami although its more of a quality of life benefit than a financial benefit. I just think Ross and the NFL should bear more of the financial burden. Whats being left out of this arguement is that the NFL will probably pay half of Ross's costs because of the high level of funding from the city. The city of Miami's leadership is pretty stupid though since they paid the majority of costs for the baseball stadium an yet give the majority of possible money to be made off non baseball events to the Marlins owner. I think the subsidation of professional sports by the ameircan taxpayer is one of the worst things going in local govenrments that are underfunding more important programs. The city of Miami had more visitors in a non superbowl year than they ever did and broke the previous record by more than 10 percent in revenue spent in city all without the mythical overhyped profites of a superbowl. Yes it brings in revenue but nothing close to what the NFL would have you believe. I personally think its a travesty that a league draped in such substantial profits basically does it because they taxpayers constantly foot the majority of their stadium bills.
*Holds up lighter*

I would love to have an mls team in miami. Ive been wishing this for years, its unacceptable that miami still doesnt have a mls team, im sure more people would go there than a marlins game

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine playing soccer in Miami. I'd need an IV of gatorade while running around lol

I would love to habe an mls team in miami. Ive been wishing this for years, its unacceptable that miami still doesnt have a mls team, im sure more people would go there than a marlins game

Miami had an MLS team and the league decided to fold them down.

Miami had an MLS team and the league decided to fold them down.
Yea but lets be honest, the mls was nothing alike then what it is now. The US didnt start taking soccer serious till their quarter final appearance in the 2002 world cup against germany.

Yea but lets be honest, the mls was nothing alike then what it is now. The US didnt start taking soccer serious till their quarter final appearance in the 2002 world cup against germany.

Soccer is no more popular in us now than it was then. In fact interest was probably higher then

Soccer is no more popular in us now than it was then. In fact interest was probably higher then

I dont care about the league but the growth of the MLS and the money it makes suggests otherwise. As a football/soccer fan of the big european leagues the MLS is still poor quality and unimportant but it is certainly growing.

I dont care about the league but the growth of the MLS and the money it makes suggests otherwise. As a football/soccer fan of the big european leagues the MLS is still poor quality and unimportant but it is certainly growing.

Fewer than 1/3 of their teams made a profit in 2011.

and of course Ross wants a soccer team here to pad his pockets for using his stadium

Fewer than 1/3 of their teams made a profit in 2011.

Doesn't dispute the fact that the MLS is earning more revenue now than back in the years where miami fusions existed. Soccer as a whole got a boost in popularity after the 2010 WC. It will probably go down since the USMNT right now is pretty bad.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

and of course Ross wants a soccer team here to pad his pockets for using his stadium
Like every rational human being who would be in his position.

A soccer match is about as exciting as the Jests offense.

Doesn't dispute the fact that the MLS is earning more revenue now than back in the years where miami fusions existed. Soccer as a whole got a boost in popularity after the 2010 WC. It will probably go down since the USMNT right now is pretty bad.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Like every rational human being who would be in his position.

Oh I do agree but its not only his dime lets not forget the welfare he is asking for and im sure he wont share their rent check with the taxpayers

No thanks. I'd be against anything that sees that sport expand in America. So so boring.

Back
Top Bottom