Starks making ProBowl push, WR by commitee starting to roll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starks making ProBowl push, WR by commitee starting to roll

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Defensive end Randy Starks continues to make Pro Bowl push.
Starks has been the MVP of the Dolphins defense. He leads D-linemen with 33 tackles and has gotten to the QB six of the past seven games to rank sixth in the AFC with 5 1/2 sacks.
After he didn’t have a tackle against Tampa Bay, Starks dominated at Carolina, finishing with five tackles, including a sack, plus another tackle for loss and QB hit.
A few more games like that and Starks, a sixth-year pro, might convince his peers he’s Pro Bowl-worthy.

The search for a No. 1 WR will commence in the off-season. For now, Davone Bess, Greg Camarillo, Ted Ginn Jr. and Brian Hartline will have to do.
Since combining for five catches for 33 yards at the Jets, the quartet has averaged 11 catches for 135 yards. In Thursday’s win at Carolina, Miami’s WR had 13 catches for 146 yards.
Even the much-maligned Ginn had his most catches (four) since Sept. 21 and yards (32) since Oct. 12.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...es-to-go-wr-by-committee-needs-to-keep-it-up/

I was actually thinking Starks might make a run for the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl doesn't mean anything, but it's nice for our players to get recognition.

I was actually thinking Starks might make a run for the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl doesn't mean anything, but it's nice for our players to get recognition.

Dude him making the Pro Bowl means alot. The nation recognizes how good you are that is awesome achievement.

Dude him making the Pro Bowl means alot. The nation recognizes how good you are that is awesome achievement.
The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. That's why Favre made it over Pennington and Rivers... Both Pennington and Rivers had far better seasons.

I uderstand that, but once you make it the nation recogizes you & it is a great achievement.

Am I the only who wishes Ginn could have more games like the one he had thursday.

You have to love how Starks has grown in this defense & how they have brought out the best in him.

You have to love how Starks has grown in this defense & how they have brought out the best in him.
Oh I'm thrilled with Starcks! He'e become one of my favorite defensive players on our team. He's a work horse and never gives up on the play. I just don't think the Pro Bowl means anything.

I love how Starks is playing. I honestly wonder if moving him to NT would really hurt his effectiveness, because if not, playing Langford, Starks, Merling would allow us to put our 3 best lineman on the field at the same time. Depth with Soliai, Dotson, and McDaniel is more than enough IMO. Get a 7th d-lineman to take Dotson's old "inactive" spot and I'm not too worried about our d-line.

Back
Top Bottom