Starting line up on oppening day + rotation? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting line up on oppening day + rotation?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know it's early but I loved our draft for the first time in a long time so I'm thinking about what the lineup will look like with the d-line rotation too. Some people were upset that Harris will not start but he should get 25 to 30 snaps a game to start with. Some people also said that a LB would most likely be a two down player. Hoping McMillian will help make it 3rd and long often. Anyway, here's just the way I see it but welcome to see anyone who sees it different.

QB-Tannehill
back up- Moore
RB-Ajayi
back up- Drake
maybe we replace DW this year?

WR-Parker
WR-Stills
WR-Laundry
trying to make the team Carroo/Grant/rookie

TE-Thomas
TE-Fasano
back up Gray

OT-Tunsil
OT-James
C-Pouncey
OG-Larsen/Bushrod/Asiata
two of those 3 will start and maybe all 3 if Pouncey goes down

DE-Wake
DE-Hayes
DE-Branch
DE-Harris
down and distance will dictate a lot on how many snaps each gets
DT-Suh
DT-Phillips
DT-Taylor
DT-Godchaux

LB-Alonzo
LB-Timmoms
LB-McMillian
back up Misi/Hewitt

CB-Maxwell
CB-Howard
CB-Lippett
CB-Tankerley
we need an upgrade in the slot but we're set outside

SS-Jones
FS-Allen
FS-Macdonald
could use an upgrade at FS but will have to wait till next year for that

At least on paper our run defense looks much better at this point. If they stop the run then it helps our pass rush and now we have two legit pass rushers instead of just one. If Asiata starts then I believe the o-line will be much better. Run the ball with Ajayi and it helps out the passing game too.
I can see maybe two UDFA making the team. I could see a RB making it even thought Gase likes DW
I can also see a LB making the team as the 6th or 7th LB and of course both would have to play ST's. I know that's not the whole roster but just who I see as the top 40 at this point

Ozzy rules!!

Safety and Nickel CB honorable mentions- Aikens, Thomas, AJ Hendy, Jordan Lucas, Pitts, McCain

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Alonso, McMillan, Timmons sounds sooooooooooooo much better to start with than last year. Not to mention Hewitt and Misi off the bench is strong.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Don't sleep on Thomas Duarte as the possible 4th TE we keep, the whole office knew it was a redshirt year and he may surprise.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Fede may be on the outs with the DTs and DE we just drafted

Don't forget Anthony Steen on the line. He played pretty good last year and he might be a key player this year for the line.

With how we like to play 2 under, I feel like a main reason we didn't go after a FS is we could be wanting to sign TJ Mcdonald long term

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I feel like we'll be seeing a Tunsil/Asiata/Larsen/Bushrod/James lineup for most of the year, Pouncey is such a huge question mark now.

OLine still looks bad.
Hope the loss of Albert does not backfire on us.

I totally expect us to bring in at least one vet after the June cuts, maybe two. Again, that was only 40 out of 53 but I feel much better about our team, specially our defense should be improve. Worry about Pouncey missing games again tho to be honest

Ozzy rules!!

QB - Tannehill/Moore
RB - Ajayi/Drake/Williams
WR - Parker/Stills/Landry/Carroo/Ford/Grant (primary returner)
TE - Thomas/Fasano/Gray/Duarte
OL - Tunsil/Asiata/Pouncey/Bushrod/James/Larsen/Young/Urbik/Smith/Steen

DL - Branch/Suh/Phillips/Wake/Harris/Hayes/Fede/Taylor/Godchaux
LB - Misi/Timmons/Alonso/Mcmillan/Hewitt/Hull
CB - Maxwell/Howard/McCain/Lippett/Tankersley
S - Jones/Allen/Thomas/Aikens/Lucas

P - Darr
K - Franks
LS - Denney

Gameday Inactives: Urbik/Smith/Steen/Ford/Godchaux/Fede/Hull

QB - Tannehill/Moore

P - Darr
K - Franks
LS - Denney

Thanks for the break down bro. Couple of questions for you as I value your opinion. Do you think Fede makes the team, and does Ford sneak in and get some playing time?

Thanks for the break down bro. Couple of questions for you as I value your opinion. Do you think Fede makes the team, and does Ford sneak in and get some playing time?

Yea I think Fede makes it and Hayes will be used in that DE/DT role we had Jason Jones in last year.

I do think if everybody stays healthy it will be challenging for Fede and Ford to be active on gamedays but they certainly strengthen the depth at the bottom of the roster which is always welcome.

I wasn't a big fan of Jakeem Grant last year but for some strange reason I feel the guy will come in and really show improvement with his hands. He still is a clear returner option if he doesn't show the lapses he did last season.

QB - Tannehill/Moore

P - Darr
K - Franks
LS - Denney

I sure hope that McMillan beats Misi at LB. It might not matter of course once Misi gets hurt warming up the rookie will step right in

Ozzy rules!!

I sure hope that McMillan beats Misi at LB. It might not matter of course once Misi gets hurt warming up the rookie will step right in

Ozzy rules!!

Its less about him being a better LB than Misi and more about Misi being a better SAM LB fit . . . if healthy.

Certainly McMillan can win a job out right as well, just an early prediction but as you said, Misi can never stay healthy anyways so we are likely to see McMillan one way or another starting at some point this season.

Safety and Nickel CB honorable mentions- Aikens, Thomas, AJ Hendy, Jordan Lucas, Pitts, McCain

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Alonso, McMillan, Timmons sounds sooooooooooooo much better to start with than last year. Not to mention Hewitt and Misi off the bench is strong.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Don't sleep on Thomas Duarte as the possible 4th TE we keep, the whole office knew it was a redshirt year and he may surprise.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Fede may be on the outs with the DTs and DE we just drafted

I feel really good about the TE situation.. Thomas and Fasano can be deadly. I think Thomas is back in the right system and Fasano still had some left in the tank

If Timmons' turf toe is better, our lbers look really solid.

Tankersly won't compromise our defensive playcalling, so we won't have to default to zone coverage if he's pressed into duty.

I'm still not down on Grant, Carroo and Duarte. They all bring distinct styles that are valuable.

The depth is as solid as I've seen it in like forever.

Next year's draft should be more up Tannenballs alley. As in making trades to go get premier talent.

Seems like Grier and his staff did an amazing job stacking their board. Really helped that defense with what was available.

Back
Top Bottom