State of our Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

State of our Fins

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

First, happy new year for every dolfans around the world.

Here I go for my opinion on our FO and Roster, and How I would love our beloved dolphin to solve our problem.

Front Office :

I think Gase can be a solid HC, his only weakness seems due to inexperience of the job, so I think to release him before 2 or 3 more years would be an error (think if he leave and become a very good coach).

Notherleless, he must engage solid position coach (OL,LB,Secondary) and it’s a must (why not a call to Zach for LB coaching job for exemple ZT with his science of play and film studie would be a very good teacher).

Tannenbaum and Grier will be here so no need to discuss that.

ROSTER ON OFFENSE :

QB : RT will be the starter and I am perfectly agree with that, but we need to found a backup in case of RT injure his knee again. Problem IMO when I look at the FA QB list ……I don’t see obvious target and if we pick a QB in the first round of the draft I don’t see one of them able to start right now. Perhaps the best idea would be to resign Fales and draft a QB liked by Gase in the third or fourth rounder.

RB : Drake is Ok and I must tell that I was a fan of this player since we drafted him but he can’t pound the ball 25 carries/game all season long. We need to find another back and when I look at FA I see Franck Gore, Jamal Charles and in the draft Barkley……….we can solve our problem here IMO.

WR : We need to sign Landry but not at any cost (perhaps his error on the last game could help us here), Stills and Grant will be here………for Parker I would trade him for a second because he is too much injured for me (Courtland Sutton or Deontay Burnett perhaps).

TE : I keep Fasano and Derby (if Fasano retire I would pick Cumberland in FA) but we must found a very good TE one once and for all this year ( Graham or Eifert in FA pool or Andrews or Fumagalli in draft).

OL : We need 2 solid pick up IMO here ( 1 OG and 1 OT)…….yes I know davis will slide to RT and Larsen to RG but that will not erase our OL problem (We need a mauler LG and solid RT).

ROSTER ON DEFENSE :

DL : If possible I would extend Wake 1 years to gain salary cap relief if his contract can do it, I would draft another DE but not in the first round

LB : I would go with Roquan Smith or Jefferson in the second. With Mc Millan, and Kiko we could have a solid trio and we could groom Chase Allen and another guys for backup role......if our FO want to sign a veteran, perhaps Novorro Bowman

CB : Here I would resign Verner and I think we are Ok with what we have on players I mean (but not in coaching). Howard, Tank, Lippett, Verner and Mc Cain would be a very solid group.

Safeties : Jones and Mc Donald are Ok but what we have at backup…….not so much, so I would sign a veteran or a draftee here.

I would be glad to see your opinion here on how to solve our many needs.

The offseason will be long but I hope our dolphins can be a solid and proud team again when next september will come.

Bye form France

Nice work with a lot of thought put in and in a 2nd language no less. Well done. I have a feeling we won’t extend Wake - he’ll likely play next season and then retire. Just a gut feel. Agree we need another RB to go w Drake. Someone who can grind tough yards.

Pretty much how we all feel. But it will take years. Unfortunately. Can't rely on rookies

Well done and nicely said. The call for Parker to be traded might be a little premature, he is quite young and I still see potential in him, but I will agree that if he can't get it together by next season he's history. If the Dolphins were to trade however I would not be surprised.

And we need an experienced dc along with a true fs.

I like the thought of a patiently building up position groups and allowing Gase to grow as a coach in theory, but today an entire franchise can change overnight with the right QB/HC combo. Given Tannehills questionable health and Gase’s growing reputation as a coach who runs an undisciplined ship, I’m having a hard time getting excited about position upgrades, free agent pickups, assistant coach changes, and draft picks. It’s just all window dressing if they can’t get consistently good quarterback play and a commitment from Gase to clean up the penalties and sloppy football that the Dolphins are now synonymous for.

I like the thought of a patiently building up position groups and allowing Gase to grow as a coach in theory, but today an entire franchise can change overnight with the right QB/HC combo. Given Tannehills questionable health and Gase’s growing reputation as a coach who runs an undisciplined ship, I’m having a hard time getting excited about position upgrades, free agent pickups, assistant coach changes, and draft picks. It’s just all window dressing if they can’t get consistently good quarterback play and a commitment from Gase to clean up the penalties and sloppy football that the Dolphins are now synonymous for.
I agree, but man... the way Tannehill was trending up last season before the injury gives me hope. You just kind of got the feeling it was all starting to click for the entire offense. Then things just went so far backwards without our starting QB.

Nice post.

I think the two players I was most disappointed with this season were Parker and Tunsil. They both have immense talent, but I wonder if they will get there. To me, this is a make or break year for both players.

Trading Parker now, doesn't make sense. I think the most Miami could get for him might be a 4th rounder, in that neighborhood. I think Tunsil will benefit from a new offensive line coach and Parker from a healthy Tannehill. Roll with those guys and if they don't up their games look for replacements next offseason.

The front office has a lot of concerns, otherwise I agree with you that a player like Sutton or even another potential left tackle could be sought after picks.

As to running back, someone else mentioned Carlos Hyde as a free agent. That type of player, at the right cost, could be a nice fit. That said, if Barkley falls to #11 it would be hard to pass him up.

NIce post. I agree on quite a bit. I would love 2 Olinemen. At least draft 1. I would love to draft a TE or sign a good one in FA. Draft a LB in the 2nd round. RB in FA to go with Drake. Wouldn't mind a DE either hope Harris can take that next step.

I think the two players I was most disappointed with this season were Parker and Tunsil. They both have immense talent, but I wonder if they will get there.

This is why I have no faith in the Front Office... they keep wasting 1st round picks. Parker, Tunsil, and now Harris; IMO none of them are worth the 1st round pick spent on them.

This is why I have no faith in the Front Office... they keep wasting 1st round picks. Parker, Tunsil, and now Harris; IMO none of them are worth the 1st round pick spent on them.

Parker was injury-prone coming out so that certainly was a question. Have to admit I was really excited about the pick, but I have my doubts with him.

With Tunsil I'm not sure if he'll work hard enough. He's another player who misses time.

Too early to judge Harris yet. The work ethic is there so hopefully we see a big jump next year.

when was the last time a rookie or free agent came out the gate taking the NFL by storm? Look at Kareem Hunt. This team lacks transcending talent. This team's front office selections represents Tannehill, safe, secure, not really a bust, still waiting on potential. They made one bold move, trading up for Jordan, from a GM who was on the hot seat anyway. Until the Phins look for explosive players, taking chances and trading up, this team will be stuck in a slump, waiting for potential of players like Tannehill and Parker. The team has not exceeded 10 wins in years, but everyone is so opposed to changing things up. what is the fear? 1-15? In many ways 1-15 is better than the 7-9's, because the hybrid rebuilding doesn't work.

It's ironic yesterday that Alex Smith was eliminated and Matt Ryan advanced. We passed on Ryan and Alex Smith=Ryan Tannehill

As long as Ross remains the owner we aren't winning any Superbowl. He makes poor personnel decisions all the time. He keeps poor coaches, poor GMs etc. that just holds our team down. Keeping Tannenbaum is a big mistake imo.

And we need an experienced dc along with a true fs.
This was a HUGE error in judgement on Gases part and was the second most important reason (losing our starting QB is obviously 1), that this season was so bad. Gase is a young HC that has play calling responsibilities, and is known as a offensive coach. In your second year in the league, you really want to put the defense in the hands of a first year coordinator, this was a terrible mistake by Gase and the team paid dearly. Maybe it was hubris after making the playoffs in his first year with the team, whatever it was he better wake up and realize a solid staff, not one where coaches are posting videos of themselves snorting cocaine, is what wins in this league. Dude needs to run a tighter ship and pay more attention to detail and he will be fine.

when was the last time a rookie or free agent came out the gate taking the NFL by storm? Look at Kareem Hunt. This team lacks transcending talent. This team's front office selections represents Tannehill, safe, secure, not really a bust, still waiting on potential. They made one bold move, trading up for Jordan, from a GM who was on the hot seat anyway. Until the Phins look for explosive players, taking chances and trading up, this team will be stuck in a slump, waiting for potential of players like Tannehill and Parker. The team has not exceeded 10 wins in years, but everyone is so opposed to changing things up. what is the fear? 1-15? In many ways 1-15 is better than the 7-9's, because the hybrid rebuilding doesn't work.

It's ironic yesterday that Alex Smith was eliminated and Matt Ryan advanced. We passed on Ryan and Alex Smith=Ryan Tannehill

Yeah well if we made the SB with Matt Ryan he would have blown it like he did last year. Unforgivable how he managed that second 1/2 even with OC also screwing it up I would take RT and Smith over Matty CHOKE

Back
Top Bottom