Stats don’t lie: Miami Dolphins on four-game losing streak, and this explains why | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stats don’t lie: Miami Dolphins on four-game losing streak, and this explains why

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
20171119-dolphins-bucs-ale-023.jpg

Games out of 10 played in which Dolphins led at halftime (10-3 over Titans)
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...our-game-losing-streak-and-this-explains-why/

2 biggest stats IMO aside from penalties.

0 INTS out of Tank and Howard....Tank gets a hal pass but Howard wtf.This is more than likely the result from our inept overpaid Dline.

There's a ton of money invested in that line and without a doubt underperforming un.

We really could use some turnovers from the defense. This bend but don't break play zone coverage isn't working. Our dline is getting no pressure, teams just double up on Suh and shut him down nobody else can bring pressure.

32nd.

Football Outsiders overall team ranking. Offense 30th. Defense 30th.

The 2007 team was ranked 27th.

If you like that, you're going to love this, Football Outsiders has us as 29th against #1 WRs, 29th against #2 WRs, 32nd against other WRs, 25th against TEs and 19th against RBs

If you like that, you're going to love this, Football Outsiders has us as 29th against #1 WRs, 29th against #2 WRs, 32nd against other WRs, 25th against TEs and 19th against RBs

This why those sites suck. I don't doubt that we are near the bottom in all of those categories but anyone who actually watches the games with their own eyeballs can clearly see that we struggle to cover TE's and Rb's far more than boundary wr's. Hell there have been stretches of multiple games in a row where a pass never hit the ground when throwing to a TE against us. And the thing is... the wrs that eat against us are also doing it over the middle of the field vs zone coverages, so what does that tell us? All of our lb's and safeties absolutely suck in coverage. The same people that can't cover te's can't cover wr's when they enter their zone.

Going back to last year, I never quite understood why so many were saying XH was so good. Yes, I see the potential but his faults in college are vastly magnified in the NFL.

This why those sites suck. I don't doubt that we are near the bottom in all of those categories but anyone who actually watches the games with their own eyeballs can clearly see that we struggle to cover TE's and Rb's far more than boundary wr's. Hell there have been stretches of multiple games in a row where a pass never hit the ground when throwing to a TE against us. And the thing is... the wrs that eat against us are also doing it over the middle of the field vs zone coverages, so what does that tell us? All of our lb's and safeties absolutely suck in coverage. The same people that can't cover te's can't cover wr's when they enter their zone.
Agreed, the linebackers are horrible and don't see why they extended Kiko Alonzo, he is always a step too slow in coverage and gets run over in the running game. It hurts that Raekwon McMillion got hurt in preseason, but he is a building block a LB, need to find two more to go along with him. Timmons is a basket case and a shadow of his former self, he is not alone in this department as this defense is getting old fast.

We have two safeties that can tackle but cant cover, two RBs that can catch passes but cant break tackles, three LBs that cant cover anything going in the middle, only two players on the DL that can pressure the QB, a starting QB that is not even the best QB on the team, a big BUST second rounder CB starting, a Center that is paid like a TOP 3 and can't run block anymore, a trio of useless TEs and a suposed Alfa WR that is not winning to many matchups.

I am not messing with the rest of the OL as we knew we didnt adressed it on FA.

As the season is allready lost I would love to see Matt Moore the rest of the way. And also trying new things like playing Grant instead of Parker, TJ as LB instead of Safety, benching Howard, Pouncey and Branch. If we are this bad at least we can be cheaper by getting rid of overpaid players.

Back
Top Bottom