Steelers loss, Dolphin's 1st home victory. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers loss, Dolphin's 1st home victory.

"D"olphinBomb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Dolphins go on to their 1st home victory against the Steelers 27-21. Marshall will get a passing touchdown and Roethlisberger will get sacked by Cameron Wake at least once. Roethlisberger will get lit up, make big mistakes... I see the Phins headed into Baltimore with a 5-2 record. But hey, who the hell can see into the future anyways? GO PHINS!!

Nice avatar.
Wishful thinking, Dolphins are gona get smashed the next 2 weeks. Steelers and Ravens will shut down Dolphin's offense. Marshall can only do so much.

Not an easy task. Mendenhall scares me more than Big Ben and Polamalu scares me more than Mendenhall. Henne best be on his game next week.

Question for the football guys here, will Pittsburgh go after Henne or play the cover 2 shell that teams seem to think he struggles with?

Opinions of course.

Not an easy task. Mendenhall scares me more than Big Ben and Polamalu scares me more than Mendenhall. Henne best be on his game next week.

Question for the football guys here, will Pittsburgh go after Henne or play the cover 2 shell that teams seem to think he struggles with?

Opinions of course.

I think they'll come out playing their usual blitzing style, but if Henne beats it like hes been doing all year... then they'll prob switch to a cover 2 shell quickly and make Henne read the field...

that is why we play we play the game.....just a hunch, good or bad, win or loss, outside of a Special Team meltdown like vs the Pats, every game we play will be close.

Pittsburgh better not take this Miami team lightly. They might not be the best, but they sure play everyone tough.

It'll depend on how much pressure Woodley and Harrison are getting off the edges. If they aren't getting to Henne, I think we can expect to see the aggressive blitzes they are known for. If those two are in Henne's face without the blitz, they'll play the shell coverage. The second scenario, in my opinion, pretty much spells doom for the game. I'm not worried about Big Jake, but Carey might benefit with a little extra help this week...

I think they'll come out playing their usual blitzing style, but if Henne beats it like hes been doing all year... then they'll prob switch to a cover 2 shell quickly and make Henne read the field...

pitt wont play a cover 2 shell. its not how they play. TP is always near the line and that wont change. he has the freedom to move where he wants to. hes a pure roamer, not a safty that gonna set back and play a certain area.

on the local radio station this morning the djs and local pitt beat writers are already laughing at us saying that we dont scare them and that there is no way that they lose.

Everyone is making the Steelers out to be the best team and nobody is giving us much of a chance even though the game is in Miami. We are 3-0 on the road and 0-2 in Miami. I think next Sunday we win our first home game and beat Pittsburgh. I think we should use Pittsburgh's overly aggressive D to our advantage. Lots of fake throws in one direction and then go to the other side. Use Marshall as a decoy for long bombs, and hit Bess underneath. I also hope we go to Fasano on a reverse screen like we did for a TD against Green Bay. Henning has to call these type plays, no gimmicks, no Wildcat, and also lets pound the ball....I think we can run when necessary on the Steelers. No turnovers and we play smart and win it 20-17.

The Steelers are tough and rugged.

The gap in physicality is really going to show in this game. If our offense has struggled to make big plays thus far in the year, it will really won't improve next Sunday.

On the other hand it will show how much further we need to go as a team to match the championship aspirations of the Steelers.

Back
Top Bottom