Steelers the home team in Miami?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nawledge, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

just heard on NFL Network Jason La Canfora said the stadiums packed with black and gold, that it basically had a vibe that it was like a home game for the Steelers...

look i live in NJ so i cant make it to the games, but why the hell is it always like this at that stadium...filled with the visiting teams fans and not Fins fans?

2. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

My assumption would be a lot of northerners move south and the remainders would be vacationers. Think about it. Would you go to Pittsburgh on vacation? :shakeno:

3. sharp

sharp Scout Team

LOL i've been saying this all season. I went to the game last year, it was a joke. This city is filled with immigrants from up north and the steelers are classic favorite. There are tons. Waving those towels getting loud and cheering whenever they can. I'm trying to start a defense cheer and everyone is just sitting there. Miami is not a sports city and it never will be until the fins bring home a superbowl or the heat start the dominance. That probably won't even do it. We are just infested with other teams fans. Steelers usually come around once every 3-5 years so they get up when they come, especially 2 years in a row.

4. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

It is embarrassing. For some reason Dolphins fans in Miami just don't show up.

5. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

Well... So far Miami can't win at home and can't lose on the road so we should be in good shape this week.

6. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

lot o ny, nj, and pa in mia

7. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

You beat me to it.

8. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

:lol:

9. nerfball

nerfball A True Fan

yeah, its just the transplants that live down here. they make sure they go see 'their team' when they're in town. mid you, they've probably lived down here 20 years. its the same for the Jets, Pats, or any other team that happens to be good at the moment. it also doesn't help that the Fins haven't really been consistently relevant in a while.

10. PerfectFinz72

PerfectFinz72 Pro Bowler

It's a shame really. I've lived in pa my whole life and there are a ton of dolphins fans I know and grew up with right here.

11. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

well im goin to florida in december (hopefully) and im gonna try to make it to the Lions game, it just looks pathetic on TV all the time being outnumbered by ur opponents fans

12. HurriPhin

HurriPhin A True Fan

The Steelers travel very well. My wife is a Steelers fan and for her birthday a couple years back I bought her tickets to Jags vs Steelers game on MNF. Jax was packed with Steeler fans so it doesn't surprise me they showed up today in Joe Robbie. Again, its a shame, but I'm not surprised.

13. brohm2

brohm2 Rookie

Steelers invade every stadium no matter what. As far as the other dolphins games being full of other fans I don't know. They are a succesful franchise, there's no reason why they should fill it up

14. emeraldfin

emeraldfin Gary Speed RIP Donator

Steelers always have big following for every away game.

15. MiamiDolphins34

MiamiDolphins34 A True Fan

lol too funny

16. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Yeah, maybe all the Fins fans are wearing Pitt colors to simulate an away game.

17. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

i'm from Florida originally,and am now in upstate NY by Fort Drum,and i've met and seen more&more Dolphins fans up here and i'm not talking about the soldiers up here,i'm talking about the locals here...anyways, it doesn't really surprise me that there are more Steelers fans in Dolphins Stadium than Dolphins fans..we're 0-2 at home,what do u guys expect...the "Dolphins" fans in Miami are probably expecting Pittsburgh to beat us also and figure there's better things to do than watch us get beat at home again...a home win against the Steelers will go a long ways guys,and we all know that....so,with all that being said...Lets go Dolphins and beat the Steelers at home!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
  18. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

It's Miami. The only stadium that's going to be all Miami fans is the Heat stadium and that's only because they are all bandwagoners. I'm not a bandwagoner, but Go Heat and Dolphins!

19. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

May the Steeler fans wear their black jerseys and sweat like heck all game long!

20. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

i am by no means saying this is the reason as to why people in miami are not going to the game, but if that was the mindset of some people, that is down right pathetic. i mean ya, we r 0-2 at home, but we are 3-2 overall and this game is a enormous game towards how we will do this season.

i am by no means bashing people in miami who are not at the games, as some people may like watching on tv better, which does not make them less of a fan, or some people may not be able to get down their, or not afford it, etc, but if people actually didn't go because they have'' better things to do'' than sit in the heat for 3 hours to watch the dolphins'' lose'', that's lame.

unless someone has an emergency, or some occasion they must attend today, the having something '' better'' to do is lame. football game is once a week for 3 hours, u can do whatever ''better'' stuff u have to do the other 165 hours in a week.

ive never understood when people used to say things as to , '' their r better things to do in Miami''. in a sport like football, everything should be pushed aside unless it absolutely needs to happen at that moment, or u must be somewhere at that moment. ppl can take 3 hours out of their week to watch the fins if they cared so much.

21. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

We weren't outnumbered by Jets fans on SNF b/c I was there and can tell you that from what I experienced. I guarantee there weren't more more Pats fans there on MNF either.

Why does this topic come up every year? Do people not realize that Florida is the place people go to live to escape the hells of New York, Mass and other northern areas?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

So fans should never show up again? WTF is this drivel?

22. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

it was like that last year too

23. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

i understand and get what you're saying,and i personally would LOVE to be there to watch the game,just can't afford it,but at the same time,i'm saying that could very well be the mind set of Dolphins fans down there...now i'm not saying it's the mindset of ALL the fans,but it could be for alot of them,or maybe not,i don't know...i'm just putting it out there as a possibility...

24. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

25. timbowens95

timbowens95 Clogging up the Middle!

Another home game, another Dolphins fan living out of state crying about the fans down south.

Where have I heard this before?