Steelers the home team in Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers the home team in Miami?

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
just heard on NFL Network Jason La Canfora said the stadiums packed with black and gold, that it basically had a vibe that it was like a home game for the Steelers...

look i live in NJ so i cant make it to the games, but why the hell is it always like this at that stadium...filled with the visiting teams fans and not Fins fans?

My assumption would be a lot of northerners move south and the remainders would be vacationers. Think about it. Would you go to Pittsburgh on vacation? :shakeno:

LOL i've been saying this all season. I went to the game last year, it was a joke. This city is filled with immigrants from up north and the steelers are classic favorite. There are tons. Waving those towels getting loud and cheering whenever they can. I'm trying to start a defense cheer and everyone is just sitting there. Miami is not a sports city and it never will be until the fins bring home a superbowl or the heat start the dominance. That probably won't even do it. We are just infested with other teams fans. Steelers usually come around once every 3-5 years so they get up when they come, especially 2 years in a row.

Well... So far Miami can't win at home and can't lose on the road so we should be in good shape this week.

yeah, its just the transplants that live down here. they make sure they go see 'their team' when they're in town. mid you, they've probably lived down here 20 years. its the same for the Jets, Pats, or any other team that happens to be good at the moment. it also doesn't help that the Fins haven't really been consistently relevant in a while.

It's a shame really. I've lived in pa my whole life and there are a ton of dolphins fans I know and grew up with right here.

well im goin to florida in december (hopefully) and im gonna try to make it to the Lions game, it just looks pathetic on TV all the time being outnumbered by ur opponents fans

The Steelers travel very well. My wife is a Steelers fan and for her birthday a couple years back I bought her tickets to Jags vs Steelers game on MNF. Jax was packed with Steeler fans so it doesn't surprise me they showed up today in Joe Robbie. Again, its a shame, but I'm not surprised.

Steelers invade every stadium no matter what. As far as the other dolphins games being full of other fans I don't know. They are a succesful franchise, there's no reason why they should fill it up

Steelers always have big following for every away game.

Back
Top Bottom