Stephone Anthony Film Study 2015-2016 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephone Anthony Film Study 2015-2016

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
A good review of what was good and bad of his play in 2015 and 2016.

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.c...-stephone-anthony-film-study-2016-year-review

Alignments aren’t his problem. He has excelled as a run stopping MLB and SLB in multiple formations. Base 4-3, 4-3 under, 4-3 over, 3-4, Nickel and even some time with heavy fronts such as the rare 5-2 above. When your opponents only run the ball against you 40 percent of the time (396 rushes out of 978 total plays in 2016) it simply isn’t logical to place a player of his position on the field who isn’t as good as another when it comes to defending the pass.
https://www.canalstreetchronicles.c...-stephone-anthony-film-study-2016-year-review

Last edited:
"A first-round pick and full-time starter in 2015, Anthony suffered a stunning drop-off in 2016, barely seeing the field. Coach Sean Payton was very candid about Anthony's struggles with simple reads like run vs. pass. The Saints tried moving him from middle linebacker to strongside linebacker, but it didn't take. Anthony played better in a one-game cameo at middle linebacker late in the season. And the Saints switch linebackers coach this year to Mike Nolan. But if Anthony doesn't make big strides this summer, his future in New Orleans will be in doubt. "
http://nor.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPN-...e-Anthony-needs-a-change-of-scenery--51270328

Good run stopper and poor on coverage that gets past him. Interesting potential.

If he gets fooled by play action, maybe another LB like Kiko can just yell "Pass Pass" when it's a play action fake.

He can fill the run stopping role they had in mind this year for McMillian....and Mauluga....and maybe, with good coaching develop as a pass defender in the future.

Very good physical talents to work with and already a run stopper.

I still think Timmons will Be Back also..

At any rate he very likely offers far greater potential for a contribution to the team than the typical 5th-round draft pick, who has less than a 10% chance of becoming a long-term starter in the league.

At any rate he very likely offers far greater potential for a contribution to the team than the typical 5th-round draft pick, who has less than a 10% chance of becoming a long-term starter in the league.

the 5th-round has been one of the more successful rounds for us (Reshad Jones, Jay Ajayi, Chris Clemons, Tony Lippett, Nolan Carroll, and maybe Davon Godchaux and Isaac Asiata)

And if this kid works out it’ll be a steal at a 5th pick. Given his age it’s almost as if we’ve drafted him with the five spot. Imagine how NO fans feel after giving up a 1st for him just two years ago.

He can fill the run stopping role they had in mind this year for McMillian....and Mauluga....and maybe, with good coaching develop as a pass defender in the future.

Very good physical talents to work with and already a run stopper.

I still think Timmons will Be Back also..

Just saw a photo of Mauluga from today in shorts at Phins practice. That dude is SERIOUSLY overweight. I don't see how he could play DT much less LB with that body. Looks like he spent all offseason at a German buffet with free beer.

I remember liking Anthony during the draft process. He was in that group with Perryman and Kendricks if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully this locker room and the change of scenery benefit him. We need it.

Back
Top Bottom