Sterling Sharpe Said Randy Most Resembles His Brother Today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Despacio, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

No link, he said it on NFL Playbook show today. You guys think this is accurate, or overdoing it a bit too much? The other guy on the show said maybe, but that Randy is still inconsistent. We all know this from watching him, but then Sterling said in a jovial manner that he worked on that with Shannon too.

So what do you guys think?

Randy McMichael = Shannon Sharpe in a couple years?

If Randy does become as good as we all hope on a consistent level, he's going to be a great tool to use to ease into the NFL for whatever young QB we're likely to develop soon enough ala Brees and Antonio Gates in SD (assuming AJ doesnt work out long term).

2. byroan

byroan A True Fan

He has the talent. He just needs to catch the easy passes as well as he catches the amazing ones. Sharpe did have Elway throwing the ball to him though.

3. Joneal7

Joneal7 Heheheheheheheh

i think so

4. Tommy5988

Tommy5988 Well-Known Member

i love randy

5. NY_FinFan_72

NY_FinFan_72 A True Fan

Well, right now he resembles O.J. Simpson a lot more than he resembles Shannon Sharpe. Until he gets that straightened out, all bets are off between me and him.

6. DolphinDevil28

DolphinDevil28 I like boobs. Finheaven VIP Donator

Yeah, because you know, Randy's a murderer and everything. :shakeno:

7. NY_FinFan_72

NY_FinFan_72 A True Fan

Uhhhh... this is how it starts. Just ask Nicole... oh, wait... :shakeno:

8. BlitPhinFan

BlitPhinFan Who Took My Floaties?

Nope he's worse than a murderer. He is a non-convicted 2 time wife-beater so far. Once a woman is involved and it's not a kill all the chivalry champoins show up in droves. In the hopes that they may land an online e-partner.

I kid! It is not a light-hearted subject, but untill we know all the facts, there is no reason to go on compairing him to anyone that has been accused of murder. That's just not logical.

9. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

Aint that a shame.....

10. BlitPhinFan

Still in denial? He was not convicted. So yeah, just ask nicole, indeed. :shakeno:

Just because you believe he was completely guilty doesn't mean that he was found guilty.

EDIT: This in no way represents my feeling on the case. I am just stating the facts of what transpired from the trial.

EDIT2: I also knew it would not be long before this thread got turned into a wife-beater thread. It's a shame you can't discuss a players ability without having it ruined by the "I am holier than thou" crowd.

11. Regan21286

Regan21286 Wa Wa Wee Wa

He's been doing pretty well considering the horrible QB play. Put him with a guy like Elway or Marino and he could be putting Tony Gonzalez's numbers to shame.

12. NY_FinFan_72

NY_FinFan_72 A True Fan

That's not what I did. I merely said that he more closely resembles OJ than he does Shannon... and I stand by that. Bash me all you want. Whatever.

13. NY_FinFan_72

NY_FinFan_72 A True Fan

Check my posts... I'm definitely not part of the "holier than thou" crowd. However, on this issue, I stand firm. Why is that a bad thing?

14. BlitPhinFan

Well the compairison is what threw me. If you would have compaired him to an accused wife-beater then I would not have jumped on it. My appologies. I was just trying to make a point.

15. BlitPhinFan

Sorry, I guess, I got off on the wrong foot. It was the whole comparison to O.J. thing that got me aggrivated. Perhaps you can see by my passion on the subject as to where I stand on the whole O.J. trial. ;)

EDIT: now that I look at it... :rofl3: Perhaps I may have unconciously turned this into the wife-beater thread. I need to learn when to curb my enthusiasm.
    . :eek:

16. NY_FinFan_72

NY_FinFan_72 A True Fan

No biggie. I probably shoulda kept my big mouth shut anyway. Squashed.

17. BlitPhinFan

Nah, you should never keep your mouth shut. It's all the different views of life that make boards like these a learning experience for everyone that doesn't walk in your shoes. Well, those that are willing to have an open mind anyway.

18. SCall13

SCall13 Finheaven QB

Randy has a concentration problem. He loses focus too easily. If he can focus better (and keep that ever growing mouth shut and concentrate on the game) he can be an absolutely dominant TE.

19. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

I believe Randy will shine this year. Frerrotte is already falling in love with him. and if he is falling in love, you know Feeley will too. Randy had 71 receptions last year on a crappy *** offense that couldnt even line up straight and get out of there damn stance!

As far as the wife beating thing, there are pieces to this case that noone knows about and probably for good reason. If Saban is backing him up and chambers, i believe that this thing is not as big as it was made out to be. Me thinks his wife is after the big payoff! she is waitng for that big contract and now he is going to make her wait even longer.

20. HysterikiLL

HysterikiLL A True Fan

IMO, Shannon Sharpe was the greatest TE in NFL history. He runs laps around the likes of Tony Gonzalez today. Randy would need about 10 all-star seasons to mirror that comparison....having said that, I think he's a stellar prospect and a great weapon for us.

21. PHINZONER

PHINZONER Pro Bowler

Look at Sterlings #s' and you will see he was not that impressive early in his career! Randy could out-shine Sterling if he keeps himself out of trouble and works on the little things that make a good player great!

22. PHINZONER

PHINZONER Pro Bowler

T.Gonz will blow sterling out of the water if he stays healthy a few more years. Sharpe had other weapons to help ease the pressure, where Gonzo is covered by the best defender and doubled most of the time and even tripled at times. Look at the #s' and the teams each have been on. # of pro bowls?

23. DolphanD

DolphanD A True Fan

Shannon was just so agile and quick. It is refreshing though that Shannon's own brother made those comments. Randy is more of a run-you-over instead of run around you kind of guy. Shannon was both.

24. Patron81

Patron81 Member

Randy will be ok. Good player, for the most part a nice guy...just in a bad marriage which is leading to some anger and domestic issues. If he's lucky it will blow over, and he can and will focus on his game. He is not a monster, he does suck his thumb when he goes to sleep, after all! :shakeno: :rofl3: :lol: :eek:

25. grooves12

grooves12 Seasoned Veteran

Randy has the skills to be one of the top TE's in the league. Although there were some untimely drops last year, up until then he has been pretty reliable. I still remember one game where Fiedler threw to him EVERY play to drive all the way down the field in the fourth quarter on a game-winning drive.

He has a knack for getting open... and more importantly does great things with the ball once it is in his hands. He can make people miss, and run them over, plus he fights really hard for those last couple of yards (and usually gets them)... especially if it is close to a first down or TD.

In the right offense he could be among the league leaders in statistics for TE's and will likely see a pro bowl before his career is over. (as long as he stays out of trouble)

26. popularwar

popularwar Perennial All-Pro

If he's going to be the next Sterling Sharpe then the mouth will just keep on growing and growing.

27. phinMikeDC

phinMikeDC Third Down RB

Remember, Sterling Sharpe was a mediocre receiver and Shannon was the great TE

28. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Mcmicahel is a very talented player but he has a LONG way to go to be as good as Shannon Sharpe and getting arrested every offseason isn't going to help him elevate his game.

29. phinphan896

phinphan896 Pro Bowler

Randy just has a chronic drinking problem

30. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

After the first incident with the wife, whatever it was, Randy should have ended it there.....I can foresee more problems with this woman (not saying it's her fault...)...

Randy is a beast though, I love it when the Fins call plays for him, hopefully he'll have an 80 catch season for us....Shannon was the man though, smart, strong, athletic, and a will to win....Randy could get there if he wants it.

31. Fran2fin

Fran2fin Well-Known Member

ACTUALLY "THE MOUTH" RESEMBLES SHANNON'S MORE THAN STERLING'S.....:lol:

32. Muck

Muck Now completely imaginary

33. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

How did I msis that comment? you are correct, Shannon was a big time WR. He was the best WR Favre ever had to throw to by far.