Steve Hutchinson or Bentley? Your Thoughts? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Hutchinson or Bentley? Your Thoughts?

I think Bentley because he will command maybe a million less and is a huge upgrade over Seth, while Hutch plays LG and Jeno James our current LG is not bad. Not sure if Jeno or Hutch would move to RG.

Why are you people even talking Hutchinson??? Seriously, Seattle already said they are franchising him...and we aren't giving up 1st and 3rds, or perhaps more, PLUS a huge contract for him.

Disgustipate said:
Hutchinson. It's not even close who is the better player. Miami has two young Center prospects already.

exactly and if I remember right, bentley had a whatever season this year.

Schleprock said:
Why are you people even talking Hutchinson??? Seriously, Seattle already said they are franchising him...and we aren't giving up 1st and 3rds, or perhaps more, PLUS a huge contract for him.

Because until he gets franchised, he's expected to be a free agent and he was a Phins fan growing up. I agree that we're probably not going to sign him but what else is there to talk about at this point in the year?

phinfan2003 said:
Because until he gets franchised, he's expected to be a free agent and he was a Phins fan growing up. I agree that we're probably not going to sign him but what else is there to talk about at this point in the year?
realism, but that has never been a hot idea here.

Schleprock said:

No, they did not say they are going to franchise him. Some Seahawk fans think this is a case, some others do not. Please get it straight.

H2Ronnie23 said:
If the free agency market gets too expensive for the Dolphins this off-season, the best bet would be to target primarily G Steve Hutchinson.
There is no doubt in my mind that Bentley is a great Center and would be a huge asset to the team but to sign both would mean a large hit to our cap. With Hadnot playing solid, he can move over to center and play that position just as good as any lineman in the NFL. I believe we need to upgrade the secondary and the defense with at least one free agent signing. Charles Woodson would be a pretty good acquisition to out secondary. Considering that Sam Madison is out to go play with Surtain in KC.

I think we do need to solidify the line. Hutchinson might be more expensive and is a LG, where we have JJ. I don't know if James has played RG or not in his career. I would imagine he can make the switch. Getting Bentley makes a little more sense in that we don't have to move JJ. We'd only have to move Rex back to RG, where he did ok. Rex, although might be a better center than RG ??

While I think we need to solidify the line, I am not convinced it has to be a Bentley or Hutchinson...I don't know who else is available at the next level down though.

As for other positions...I'd love for us to get Grady Jackson (DT, Green Bay) to replace Traylor. He's a bit younger (32, I think) and I'm pretty sure he's a FA...He' be our run stuffer for a couple of years allowing Wright and Vickerson to mature....Secondary...we first have to see if Schulters is going to be re-signed. Jones has one more year on his contract and he did play much better as the year went on until he got hurt. We will need someone to replace Madison...not necessarily a starter because there is hope that Poole and Daniels will be the starters with Mitchell as the 3rd CB...but it would be good to have a veteran to solidify the group. Same thing with safety...Bell has to be re-signed but Tillman, who also improved as the season went on, has one more year on his contract. But I'd like to see us add a Bing or Huff in the draft to help solidify the secondary.

***ency

Well I typed out a response, but completely forgot about some of the remarks we heard about moving Wade Smith to center...it all depends on what they really think of him at center...because I think center is a much bigger need.

All that said, I think Jeno James is over paid for his current contribution. When he came here, we were led to believe we were getting a Steve Hutchinson talent level player...not even close at this point.

Schleprock said:

Highly doubtful. There is no guard franchise tag. Just OL. They would have to franchise him at tackle money. Plus Seattle has a wave of FA's and signed a large wave of FA's last year. It's doubtful they can afford a tag especially on a guard.

In that case sign them both and cut D-Mac and Jeno..Draft a tackle.

Ruderic said:
In that case sign them both and cut D-Mac and Jeno..Draft a tackle.

Don't expect to sign either. Saban signed Houck so he wouldn't have to spend large money on OL.

I'd have to go with Bentley....

We could move Hadnot back to RG, put Bentley at C, and keep James at LG. That would be one solid interior OL right there. Hutch would be cool, but we need a C more than an OG. Bentley can play both too....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

gotta be Bentley, think about this:

RT - Carey
RG - Hadnot
C - Bentley
LG - James
LT - Abali?

I think that line would be good, all we are missing right now is a good center and Bentley would be that

nick1 said:
gotta be Bentley, think about this:

RT - Carey
RG - Hadnot
C - Bentley
LG - James
LT - Abali?

I think that line would be good, all we are missing right now is a good center and Bentley would be that

Heh. You just put a late-round draft pick without a snap on his resume in at Left Tackle on a reshuffled line with a brand new QB.

Back
Top Bottom