Steve Wyche calls Dolphins a "dumpster fire" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Wyche calls Dolphins a "dumpster fire"

I'd agree we are burning as a franchise. But, part of the rebirth process is burning it down. You can't
advance your agenda without guys that aren't willing to come along, and I think that we are seeing the
first step in the process this year. Not a bandaid. A fix.

I'd really hope so. We need it.

That's kind of why I stopped having expectations this year. I don't expect anything from them with hopes that we can build something ground up this time.

20-28 is not good, but it is definitely not a valid reason to call the Dolphins a dumpster fire. The Bills are 16-32 the past three seasons and the Rams are 10-38 over the past three years. Now the Rams are a dumpster fire. In fact Miami has won more games the past three seasons combined than the Rams have the past 5 seasons combined.

We swept the Bills last season -- in pretty dominant fashion -- and yet the narrative is that the Dolphins are a joke while the Bills are a great, rising football team. How long has that been the narrative on the Bills? For about fifteen years now, because they've been lousy longer than we have. In fact, outside of losing four straight Super Bowls, the Bills have always been lousy.

The Dolphins are a popular punching bag right now...I think it stems out of jealousy over the decades of winning we enjoyed in the 20th century. I think many are enjoying a chance to kick this franchise while it is down.

It does grow tiring. I can accept people/talking heads not expecting the team to be good. Heck, I even predicted a losing season in the FinHeaven staff predictions. I just can't stand when people make smartass comments like "dumpster fire" or "With the first pick in the 2013 draft.....". I know Miami is currently not a very good team, but do guys like James Walker have to beat into us every day that "He doesn't think this team can win even 6 games" or Alex Marvez chuckling every time he is talking about the Dolphins on WQAM? Or what about Schein taking every opportunity to trash the team and giving the draft a grade of a "F". I understand not liking the draft, but a "F" grade is just him being a smartass, that isn't real journalism. The way people talk about the Dolphins you would think they have been getting the #1 pick every year for the last decade.

Steve Wyche.. Who is he, why is he relevant and why should anyone give a flying **** what he thinks, especially when puked out on an OCD-like unregulated medium any more than the tweets of Incarcerated Bobby?

It does grow tiring. I can accept people/talking heads not expecting the team to be good. Heck, I even predicted a losing season in the FinHeaven staff predictions. I just can't stand when people make smartass comments like "dumpster fire" or "With the first pick in the 2013 draft.....". I know Miami is currently not a very good team, but do guys like James Walker have to beat into us every day that "He doesn't think this team can win even 6 games" or Alex Marvez chuckling every time he is talking about the Dolphins on WQAM? Or what about Schein taking every opportunity to trash the team and giving the draft a grade of a "F". I understand not liking the draft, but a "F" grade is just him being a smartass, that isn't real journalism. The way people talk about the Dolphins you would think they have been getting the #1 pick every year for the last decade.

Exactly...its just the haters taking their shots whilst they can. I'm hoping for the best, but if this season is as bad as they think, gaining the first pick in a year when there is a much coveted QB coming out is not a bad thing...we would really be loaded with picks in that scenario, just look at what RG3 pulled in compensation.

9s2QY-1.gif

We swept the Bills last season -- in pretty dominant fashion -- and yet the narrative is that the Dolphins are a joke while the Bills are a great, rising football team. How long has that been the narrative on the Bills? For about fifteen years now, because they've been lousy longer than we have. In fact, outside of losing four straight Super Bowls, the Bills have always been lousy.
Maybe in YOUR lifetime.

In mine, they had a run of being a dominate force that just couldn't quite ever get it done.
But they would kill us in the late 80s early 90's.

Exactly...its just the haters taking their shots whilst they can. I'm hoping for the best, but if this season is as bad as they think, gaining the first pick in a year when there is a much coveted QB coming out is not a bad thing...we would really be loaded with picks in that scenario, just look at what RG3 pulled in compensation.

The thing is, if Miami does end up with the #1 pick(which I don't think they will) doesn't that mean that Tannehill bombed as a rookie? If that is the case, is Philbin and Ireland even here next year? Wouldn't it also mean that the new regime would just throw Tannehill to the curb and take Barkley at #1?

I think it's ironic that the team with the hottest dumbster fire was the Colts but of course they were so bad that they were saved by the "luck" of being the worst team last year. ( no questions asked) What did the Colts do to deserve the up and coming franchise label they now wear so proudly? That's right, they suked harder than anyone else. Is that fair? So, because they were the worst team in a very long time, they make good decisions? Their decision to tank the season is lauded now? I hate the Colts more than any other team in the league. Complete BS what they did last year and for the media to not call them out lst year was typical.

I hope the Dolphins play a lot better than expected and shut these dumbasses up.

I know it's only been preseason so far, but from watching Ryan Tannehill I really can't even imagine that he's going to bomb badly enough for Miami to draft a QB in April. But that said, if he does go out there and look totally lost and outmatched, then yeah, you take the #1 quarterback prospect and you don't apologize for it. With the evolution of the game and the rule changes that have been passed, that position is so important that you might as well not even bother fielding a team if you don't have a good quarterback. You can't set your franchise back for years just to spare the ego of a guy you drafted the year before.

But again, I really, really, really don't anticipate this being a topic of debate going into April. I think Ryan Tannehill is among the least of our problems on offense right now.

Maybe in YOUR lifetime.

In mine, they had a run of being a dominate force that just couldn't quite ever get it done.
But they would kill us in the late 80s early 90's.

Hey, I watched them lose four straight Super Bowls! I just can't bring myself to give them any credit.

This is the issue with the media, in particular US media (I hope you guys don't mind me saying that). It seems that analysts/journalists are encouraged to use lanuage that is as controversial as possible to try and stir up reaction, thus increasing viewership/national coverage. The NFL AM show for example is awful, I mean Wyche, Eric Davis and that clown Kriegel spouting off hyperbole for a few hours every morning is not my idea of analysis.

who do the buffalo bills have at WR?

oh, the great stevie johnson. The guy we blasted when he went over the middle. didnt hear his name the whole rest of the day. That vaunted running game was stuffed like a turkey. Their Oline has a rookie at LT and second year scrub pickup at RT and the florida state guy they just drafted went on IR. They just spent a 100 million on a guy who did not help take Houston TExans to super bowl. So far Mark Anderson is not showing based on what I am hearing.

But anyways, we suck. So, lets go out there and kick the refs ass by running them over by mistake!!!

Back
Top Bottom