Steven Ross Making Dolphins Look Terrible

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by WesternNYDolfan, Jan 6, 2011.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. WesternNYDolfan

WesternNYDolfan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

If you are going to conduct a coaching search, fire the guy you're looking to replace first!

This is terrible, and if I were one of the candidates he was pursuing I would take into account the way he is treating his current coach. Nobody wants to be treated with that little respect.

Also, all you people so excited that Ross is "willing to go the extra mile" and trying to make the team better like "Jerry Jones", why do you think this is a good thing???
    How many Super Bowls has Jerry Jones won since running Jimmy Johnson out of town? 1? and that was with all of JJ's players. Dan Snyder goes the extra mile every offseason, and how far has that gotten the Redskins?

I feel like some of you just want the Dolphins to be talked about on Sportscenter and don't care about actually winning a championship.

I for one believe we should just keep Sparano, and that Harbaugh is no guarantee in the NFL, and doesn't warrant the kind of contract he will demand. College coaches don't have the best track record in the NFL. Yea I know Harbaugh was an NFL player, but he's never coached in the NFL. Sure his brother's doing well, but your brother having success doesn't mean you will (see: Manning, Eli)

But at this point, I don't think you can keep Sparano after treating him this way.

It's a sad day to be a Dolphins fan, CELEBRITY OWNERS DON"T WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

2. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Blind homer.

3. Noodle Arm

Noodle Arm FinHeaven VIP

4. kromix

kromix V.I.P

Blinded and confused.

Since when do you have to fire someone to look for a replacement?

5. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Guy is getting 2.5 million next year regardless of if he coached or not. Who cares?

6. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

I bet Miami is working on a deal to buy out Sparano's contract thats why he has not been fired yet..

If your a true Miami Dolphins fan you should love the fact that Ross is doing whatever it takes to try and get a coach in here he thinks can get the job done.

My loyalty is with the Dolphins. Not Ross, Not Sparano, Not Parcells.

7. BeEasy

BeEasy Well-Known Member

blaaaaaahhh.. ROSS GETTIR DONE!!!!

8. JEDIJ007

JEDIJ007 It's a trap!

Eli won a superbowl which matches the number of superbowl wins his brothers got.
    Screw Morano!!!

9. vagrantprodigy

vagrantprodigy A True Fan

I'm just glad to have an owner that appears to care, and not pinch pennies.

10. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

It happens ALL the time.. Just ask Jim Zorn.. that had the FO looking for his replacement for a season and half.

11. FightingPhins

FightingPhins Well-Known Member

This. As stated in another thread, coaches don't give two ****s about cutting or notifying a player when they look to "upgrade" a position that is underperforming. In fact, it is often considered mismanagment when a team tosses a player before they have a viable replacement in place.

Why should underperfroming coaches be any different?

12. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

See the other 25 threads on this subject for why.

13. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here.

1-7 at home with consecutive losses to Cleveland, Buffalo, and Detroit (a game which I unfortunately attended).

No remorse.

14. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

[video=youtube;DksSPZTZES0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0[/video]

15. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Question is, could Mr. Ross make the Dolphins look worse than Dan Henning and Tony Sparano? I don't think so.

16. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I think Stephen Ross is making the Dolphins look better NOW, than Sparano did at ANY point during the season.

17. WesternNYDolfan

This post is the antithesis of blind homerism, I'm criticizing the owner of the team!

I KNOW YOUR FROM HOLLYWOOD, WHERE BIG NAMES, GLAMOUR, GLITZ, FAKE, AND SHALLOW PEOPLE MEAN SOMETHING BUT IN THE NFL IT DOES NOTHING BUT GET YOU MORE AIR TIME ON ESPN. YOUR POSTS ARE BECOMING REDUNDANT AND UNSUBSTANTIVE, YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE BLIND ONE

18. Finsfalife

Finsfalife Quiet Observer

You people are rediculous. Cowher took 10 years before winning a SB, Gruden took Dungys team to the SB. Theres a reason this guy has hype. Former NFL player/QB coach gives him insight in dealing with NFL players. Ross is running a business, he wanted this guy, and he got him. Who the **** knows what was said to Sparano behind closed doors. Sparano lost the players on this team, made no changes in coaching philosophy, and went 1-7 at home. It not your money, its Ross's. I for one want the owner who goes after what he thinks will fill the seats and win games.

19. etsudolfan

etsudolfan A True Fan

And I suppose Sparano cares about the players he cuts after having already shopped for their replacement? He probably does...bottom line...this goes on every day in the NFL and other sports...to HC's and players. People only complain about it when it is a team that they and the main stream media do not like. This is the case here. I'm not saying that it is right, but I can't criticize Ross for acting like a businessman. Our jobs as fans are to support our team. Our teams' job/responsibility to us as fans are plain and simple....WIN. I'm sure Rich Rodriguez appreciated getting strung along while Michigan attempted to whoo Harbaugh...didn't hear everyone up in arms about that!

20. Granchamp71

Granchamp71 Finally a believer in RT17

I think YOU should see Eli Manning

Eli-Manning-Super-Bowl-XLII-MVP.jpg

21. Rexorcist

Rexorcist Squish the Phish

Classless and Clueless, Ross on his way to making the Dolphins the joke of the NFL. Making an unproven college HC the highest paid HC in the game is mind boggling, courting him while still having a HC is disgracful.

22. deadadd

deadadd Well-Known Member

Did you feel this way when Wayne Huizenga brought in Bill Parcells to start searching for Cam Cameron's replacement a month left to go in the season?

23. WesternNYDolfan

See Eli Manning 24 interceptions this year, he won the super bowl because of his defense, and because david tyree caught a football on his helmet after about 3 holding no calls in the backfield

24. WesternNYDolfan

He brought parcells in as director of football operations, parcells met with cameron and fired him before courting any other coaches

25. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

I think you're one of those posters I never agree with on anything, on any level, at any time.

26. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

when you got a self-described "bi curious" bloated coach who's already burst his lapband pimping out all 3 holes of his skank wife on alt dot com complete with snatch shots, and masturbating watching "big ones" penetrate her every opening, I wouldn't be so quick to call another team the "joke of the NFL." Oh did I mention yet the Jersey Guido tripper or the retard who can neither pass a california drivers test or remember all the names of his 12 children? Well it could have been worse: you could have had the photogenic Mrs Tila Tequila in the owners box this season.

27. Rexorcist

Rexorcist Squish the Phish

I couldnt give a **** that Rex has an active sex life with his wife in his own time. All i care about is what happens on the field and the man has proven to be a good HC. Your owner is in the process of making the Phins a joke on the field. What is the success rate of college HCs making it in the NFL? Now he about to make one the highest paid HC in the league, my god.

28. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

Filming your wife jerk off strangers with her feet constitutes an "active sex life?" :lol: Your team is an embarrassment. Consistently the least respected joke in maybe all of professional sports. Don't worry about anything Ross does, he won't be able to take that title away from you.

29. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

If you consider jacking off while strangers with big ratchet drivers screw all the possible orifices of your wife "an active sex life" then I pity your kids.

Hey, Ozzie Newsome who knew Rex better than everyone risked losing him as a DC by passing him by and hiring a ST coach from outside the organization to jump up 2 levels replacing Billick wasn't for the jets taking as big a risk, especially considering what Ozzie obviously knew and what we know now about Rex, his sexual perversions at home and insensitivities on the field, I don't know what is.

30. HurriPhin

HurriPhin A True Fan

What is the success rate of ANY head coach making it in the NFL? It's a tough business. Can't blame our owner for shelling out his money on a highly touted HC. At least he won't make the fans pay for his decisions (see Meadowland stadium PSL's)