Stevie Johnson Traded to 49ers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stevie Johnson Traded to 49ers

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
For a 4th round pick, per ESPN.

Wow.

I'd have traded a 4th for Stevie in a heartbeat. Yeah, he's a dolt, but... he's pretty good.

I don't think they would have traded him w/in the division.

Obviously not, but he was traded for a 4th next year? There's gotta be something else going on there.

He's a better football player than that.

Obviously not, but he was traded for a 4th next year? There's gotta be something else going on there.

He's a better football player than that.

That is very curious. No doubt about that. Almost sounds along the lines of the D. Jackson purging in Phili for that little of value.

SF gave proper value, Stevie is getting older and he's not an elite WR, add in the price tag.

His contract + nagging injuries the past 3 seasons and a conditional 4th is about right. Stevie is a very good #2 when healthy which seems to be rare. The knock on him other then his injury history is he doesn't run traditional routes......he runs basketball routes which can cause confusion with the starting QB.

Stevie Johnson became the odd man out with the move for Sammy Watkins. I don't think the Bills would have traded Stevie if the Cleveland trade fell through (some other team was on the phone). If the Bills stayed at nine Ebron was the most likely Bills choice.

Stevie Johnson is a good, tough football player but had no spot with Sammy Watkins and Mike Williams added at wr with Robert Woods and Marqise Goodwin entering their second year. Bills have upgraded their passing weapons.

Back
Top Bottom