still positive we heading in right direction | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

still positive we heading in right direction

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
The worst we will finish this season is 7-9. If you had said this without the remarkable turn around last year, when BP, JI and TS took over, we would have accepted that. Look at other 1-15. 2-14 teams. Then you also take into consideration the injuries we had to overcome.

We lost our starting QB, in part starting RB, C and in parts both Gaurds. Our NT, One of two MLB in part and our starting CB.

When you look at our schedule, what chance would you give a team with two starting rookie CB and a first time starting QB. The Jets have a no.1# DEF, 4 1st round draft picks on O Line, nr pro bowl RB, 1st rnd pick at TE and WR and will probably/hopefully finish lower in division with an easier shedule.

I do think Front Office needs to address FA signings, as i believe, with all the credit they should receive, this is the one critisism that has to be labelled against them. G Wilson, was a disaster and should have been dropped at minimum on 3rd downs. Another critisism I would have is Sparano's failure, IMO to drop players who are not performing, i.e G. Wilson, more playing time from Cam Wake, Lex Hilliard, P. Solai before J Ferguson went down and Reggie Torbor. I also do not believe he would have dropped one of Will Allen or S. Smith for Vontae as early as would have been needed if not for injury to WA.

For the critisisms, I love Sparano. I love his energy, enthuisiasm and I do believe he gets the most from his players, by way of discipline, scheme or motivation, which when its bolied down to, is the main aim of a coach.

With a strong DT/NT draft class next year, hopefully an improvement in Free agency, improvement of the before mentioned replacements and the inevitable weaker schedule, I am still very positive that we are heading in right direction.:up:

Depends on what you mean by it....

Headed in the right direction from 1-15? Well I guess so....kinda hard to go the other direction isn't it?

Headed in the right direction to be a legitimate playoff threat and contend for superbowls? Not so fast...

And you pointed out why in your post.....these guys HAVE to start doing a better job in free agency for that to happen...

Depends on what you mean by it....

Headed in the right direction from 1-15? Well I guess so....kinda hard to go the other direction isn't it?

Something tells me it is quite easy to stay in the cellar. Look at the Lions or Raiders...

I do like how the team is getting better every year.

Oh no doubt they are getting much better. I saw more fight in this team this year than i have in awhile, based on how we fought with tough opponents. Last year we fought with teams that werent good and we should have beaten easily and this year would have beaten easily. But you got fans on this board that if we dont go 11-5 or better than we suck. They think if we are not a top tier team every year then its a disapointment. People sayin fire sparano are you serious?!? Do the steeler fans sayin they wanna fire tomlin cuz they didnt reach the playoffs this season? So coming from a realistic fan, yes i agree with you that we are headed the right way and are settin up for years to come through the draft.

Back
Top Bottom