Still talking about 'The Pass' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still talking about 'The Pass'

Celtkin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
[Florida Today] Where were you?

All the time, people tell Doug Flute where they were.

"On the average, it's definitely brought up every day," Flutie said. "Some days go by when nobody mentions it. But on other days, when it's brought up four or five times, it more than makes up for it. And I understand that.

"Even though I had a ton of comeback wins in the Canadian Football League, and a bunch more in the NFL, this is my trademark, the one people remember. It's good to be remembered for something."

So where were you?

Where were you when Doug Flutie threw the rainbow pass that found its pot of gold in Gerard Phelan's arms, providing us with one of the most iconic images in college football history?

Boston College 47, Miami 45.

So why rewind our memories to that magical moment? Because today is the 22nd anniversary of that 1984 game, Boston College will be back in the Orange Bowl to play Miami tonight -- and Doug Flutie will be there, too, broadcasting the game for ESPN.

In fact, today is the first time he'll step foot in the Orange Bowl since he seared that play into our collective consciousness.

The Pass (Video)

awww..hate seeing that pass :lol:

my dad told me about that play...he said that Miami's secondary didnt cover the fly route, leaving the BC receiver open :nono:

I hope the Canes get it done tonight

Back
Top Bottom