Still want these players? (ESPN's Top 8 Overrated Players) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still want these players? (ESPN's Top 8 Overrated Players)

i think the list should have included Joey Porter...

really? i thought he palyed a pretty solid second half of the season, especially with not much help up front on the d-line. offense linemen were getting to our backers often this year.

"...but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu."

Talk about stating the obvious, not sure how that translates to him being overrated though.

"...but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu."

Talk about stating the obvious, not sure how that translates to him being overrated though.

i never watch or follow pro bowl, means nothing. political at times (not as bad as NBA and MLB though)... but it just is whatever to me!!!

The thing about Anderson is he's a young qb that led a good offense, the reason he is overrated is he turned around that whole organization basically and made there team relevent, doing that while being 24 no matter what your numbers look like will have people talking about you. The thing that i personally think makes Anderson overrated as a player is the talent he has on offense. He has such a big margin of error when he throws to guys like winslow and edwards, He doesnt need to throw with great accuracy b/c great athletes who happen to be 6'4 or taller can adjust and make great plays on the ball. He isn't and overly accurate qb and in other offenses alot of those throws he gets bailed out in will turn into ints.

I always love hearing how "Derek Anderson had a great OL" or how anyone could've put up points with that much talent.

Well Charlie Frye got sacked 5 times in just 15 drop backs behind this great OL. Derek Anderson was sacked 14 times the entire season, in 541 drop backs. I guess these same people forget, Frye had most of these same weapons to work with last year, and they still had one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

pretty good list
i only disagree with anderson i think he is a good young qb

i didnt like him just based on this years performance, i liked what i saw from him in 06 when he played the ravens

i agree he didnt belong in the pro bowl but i dont think anyone can judge him yet

KC has done impressive things with his metrics, but they don't always tell how good a player is. There are other ways to judge a player beyond yards per catch. Or types of sacks???? A sack is a sack. A player either gets it done after the ball is snapped or not.

Players are only overrated because ESPN has ten writers writing articles about them in the first place.

Take Derek Anderson for instance, he became over written about. Overrated? No one said he's peyton manning. He did however win a lot of games as teh qb of a browns franchise that has been terrible for a decade, all while being in his first year. He had lots of interest because it was an unlikey situation considering many qb's before him tried and failed miserably. Weapons around him or not he did a good job for the browns, and threw several TD's. Something Clev. fans haven't seen in a long time.

Are there better qb's out there? Absolutely. However its a heck of a first year at a position where so many others generally fail first time out. So give DA credit where credit is due. He got the job done, in an unlikly circumstance.

Its funny how espn calls him overrated when their the ones who lifted him higher than what he accomplished in the first place. But that should not fool anyone thinking he's better than what he was. One season, first year qb who played well in some areas and had trouble in others.

Joyner, your micromanagement stats is not what makes a football player, it goes beyond stats, maybe ask someone like Csonka about stats defining a football player and their value, bet you'll get a laugh.

ESPN calling patriot players overrated? Hell has officially frozen over.
After Spygate they are desperately trying to change their name back from being Entertainment, Sports & Patriots Network to just plain ol Entertainment Sports Programming Network

I dont understand what the difference is if its a coverage sack or regular sack in the end it is a sack, you still have to make the play. They dont say well you know some of those interceptions were tipped balls or off the receivers hands thats why it was a interception or that you catch interceptions off a tip ball, who the hell cares, the guy made the play. If we start taking the shine off some the players stats than nobody will have good stats. Its part of the game

Back
Top Bottom