Stokes could be out of SF | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stokes could be out of SF

Migs182005

Finheaven.com Staff Writer
Reaction score
49ers | New Coach Could Spell End For Stokes - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
4:37 PT: Updating previous reports, Matt Maiocco for the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports, with the hiring of head coach Dennis Erickson, San Francisco 49ers WR J.J. Stokes could be on his way out. Erickson has an affinity for speed and likes to stretch the field with his receivers, something Stokes might not be able to do anymore.

We can trade them James McKnight :D

But seriously, Stokes will probably get traded or released. I think the Dolphins should try to sign him if he's available, maybe even trade for him if the price is right.

Comments?

More than McKnight?

I say give the guy a chance and see what happens

Lol...like they'd make an even trade? You have to consider what stokes would cost. Would he be enough of an improvement over McKnight to make it reasonable to lose McKnight and a 2nd or 3rd round pick? I think that's what it would cost at least.

As a trade, but if he's released, then we have a better shot at getting him.

Stokes is crap.....slow, slow, slow and not overly good hands.....

he was a major first round bust....for all his potential he hasn't done much of anything in this league....

the prospects of aquiring stoke makes me about as excited as the prospects of getting anally searched at the airport....

JJ Stokes shouldn't be talked up here. He is slow, and his hands don't really make up for it. He's a perennial 700 yard receiver in a pass happy offense. That should tell you enough right there.

Sorry, I gave him too much credit. He's a perennial 500 yard receiver in a pass happy offense.

And in the last two years where its just been him and Terrell Owens with nobody else to take the passes away, he's gotten 585 and 332 yards.

Better than McKnight indeed. JJ Stokes couldn't get within 5 feet of J-Mac's jock strap.

Haha Stokes isn't even second tier. He's third tier. As such I wouldn't mind getting him if he didn't mind getting paid like a third tier receiver.

Originally posted by chambers84
Why do we need another second tier receiver???

Because the only way we'll get a 1st tier reciever is if we draft or sign a 2nd tier guy who turns out to have had 1st tier potential. Signing a 1st tier guy isn't going to happen this year.

OG or McKnight over Stokes any day. Heck, Willie Jackson over Stokes because at least big Willie style will sign at the vet's minimum.

i honestly don't see stokes getting any more than the min.....it would be a waste iof money....

there are dozens(literally) of "jj stokes's" in the nfl and free agency....if you pay a "jj stokes" more than the min you are overpaying because there are so many more out there that WILL take the min.....

Back
Top Bottom