Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us!

MadDawg020

SmartGuy
Reaction score
I had to chime in on this after reading some of he ridiculous posts on this board saying we made the right decisions today. We didn't make the right decisions; we haven't made the right decisions over the last decade. The fact that our two best players in the present (JT and ZT) were drafted by Jimmy Johnson a decade ago is proof enough.

So everytime any of us knowledgeable fans gives our opinion, stop with the ludicrous argument that, "The GMs and NFL Scouts know more than us...it's their job...blah blah blah." You know what, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt when they do something RIGHT for once. What reason has the Dolphins organization given us to trust them? Why should I believe they know more than I do?

Let me put it to you this way. If we (and by we, I mean the knowledgeable fans who pay a lot of attention to this stuff) had been running the drafts for the last few years:

1) We would have drafted Drew Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher
2) Would've drafted Vince Wilfork + another player instead of moving up to get Vernon Carey
3) Would've certainly drafted someone more productive than Jason Allen (can someone say Marcus McNeil who soooo many of us were clammoring for?)
4) Would've drafted Quinn and Dwayne Jarrett instead of Ginn and Beck (which two would you rather have?)

The only two picks I've agreed with (and that other knowledgeable Finheaven posters agreed with at the time) the last few years have been Ronnie Brown and Channing Crowder. And how's that workin out? So who's smarter now: the front office, or knowledgeable fans?

We've all heard the saying: sometimes it's better to be on the outside looking in than the inside looking out? That's exactly what's happened here. Sometimes it's better not to know a certain draftee at the age of 13, because your less likely to draft "his family". Sometimes it's better that you don't just draft SEC players because you once tried to recruit them.

You want us to trust you Miami Dolphins organization, then earn it; prove that you know more than us. Otherwise, why don't you trust US for a change?

I should get a Pullitzer for this. :D

Like he isn't telling the truth...
This team has made disgusting offensive personell decisions year after year and they continue to this day...
**** Ted Ginn

blah blah blah

Just another angry fairweather Fin fan. Instead of stating WHY we should of drafted Quinn and Jarrett, you state what this team, not managed by Cam/Randy, did in the past. Pullitzer...:sidelol:

Just another angry fairweather Fin fan. Instead of stating WHY we should of drafted Quinn and Jarrett, you state what this team, not managed by Cam/Randy, did in the past. Pullitzer...:sidelol:

while you continue to be a sheep.

Cam is in miami for 1 reason. hes getting paid. he loves this organization for only as long as he gets paid. we on the other hand have to watch this ineptitude and wonder why he gets millions to make these decisions.

all i see in this post is a person who for some reason believes that cam loves this team. he believes that cam loves this team more then the people that have been rooting for the fins religiously for the past 10-20-30 years. I see a Sheep.

Wow, you just don't get it. You're the same person in Houston last year who would've wanted Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush.

Nick Saban said it best: There's a lot of people that go to medical school, but only a few become great doctors. There's only a handful of GMs (Pioli, Polian) that know what they're doing. The rest, unfortunately, don't know anymore than us. In fact, sometimes in trying to demonstrate their "expertise" and greater knowledge than the common fan, they pass on the popular pick just because of their own narrowminded opinions and ratings. That works great when you're Pioli; not so great for every other team.

Lets be truthful here
ALL THOSE that thought Aaron Rodgers was going to go top five in the draft 3 years ago raise their hand...

Now lets take a look at the depth chart
http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/GB

Wait that cannot be right...Anyone have a more reliable link than nfl.com? There is no way he could be 4th string.....

Now how many thought that some teams made a mistake when they passed on him?

I am starting to believe that maybe i was wrong- smith was a better choice than rodgers and maybe I was wrong thinking I know better than all those scouting departments that passed on rodgers.

Besides according to all those that passed on quinn this year- he would have been a major reach at 9.

OF COURSE they know more than us.. that's why they're coaches and were average joes.

you forget miami plays in the AFC

Miami plays in a very hard division within the AFC. we share the division with a team that won 3 superbowls just recently.... we also play the colts, jags, steelers, and chargers on a regular basis.

were not the cleveland browns playing against crappy teams. its hard for us to win

Cam is in miami for 1 reason. hes getting paid. he loves this organization for only as long as he gets paid. we on the other hand have to watch this ineptitude and wonder why he gets millions to make these decisions.

all i see in this post is a person who for some reason believes that cam loves this team. he believes that cam loves this team more then the people that have been rooting for the fins religiously for the past 10-20-30 years. I see a Sheep.

Cam will get paid millions to COACH the team...it was clear that Randy made the final decision (as it should be with most GMs).

Moreover...I would EXPECT you'll be submitting your glowing resume TOMORROW for the vacated Front Office positions once Cam and Randy are both fired for their 'ineptitude...'

Cam's excited about what can be, and I, for one, am excited for him and our fans who will SUPPORT this team...

Go FINS - '07

I could care less what you see. Ive been reading all this nonsense on the board for hours now, about how good Quinn is, how bad Ginn is, how we should of had Jarrett and Quinn instead of Ginn and Beck, how Beck is to old, etc. But out of ALLLLLLLLLLL those posts, I did not see ONE (1) post explain why. Maybe you could do that for me. Maybe you can explain why Quinn, who some had rated below Beck, was a better choice for us than Ginn? Maybe you can explain why Quinn and Jarrett would be better than Ginn and Beck, when (like I said earlier) some had Beck rated higher than Quinn, and MOST had Ginn rated the second best WR in the draft? Maybe you can explain why it was a reach to take Ginn at 9, when he could of been had in the late teens, but its not a reach to take Quinn, who could of been had late in the first round? And try to answer those with some facts that you have seen, not what you have read/heard from the so called experts out there. :shakeno:

Why would I want Quinn and Jarrett instead of Ginn and Beck? I'm gonna save this thread and pull it back up in 3 years when Beck is 3rd string and Ginn is returning punts for a living. And you know why I know that's gonna happen? Because that's why Cam drafted him! He said so! To be a punt returner! How great is that, a punt returner at #9? Sounds like genius to me.

Back
Top Bottom