Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us!

I could care less what you see. Ive been reading all this nonsense on the board for hours now, about how good Quinn is, how bad Ginn is, how we should of had Jarrett and Quinn instead of Ginn and Beck, how Beck is to old, etc. But out of ALLLLLLLLLLL those posts, I did not see ONE (1) post explain why. Maybe you could do that for me. Maybe you can explain why Quinn, who some had rated below Beck, was a better choice for us than Ginn? Maybe you can explain why Quinn and Jarrett would be better than Ginn and Beck, when (like I said earlier) some had Beck rated higher than Quinn, and MOST had Ginn rated the second best WR in the draft? Maybe you can explain why it was a reach to take Ginn at 9, when he could of been had in the late teens, but its not a reach to take Quinn, who could of been had late in the first round? And try to answer those with some facts that you have seen, not what you have read/heard from the so called experts out there. :shakeno:

You want an explanation: Quinn put up better numbers against better competition than Beck did. He's been in a pro-style offense with Weis the last 3 years, so he is NFL ready made. Beck played form the shotgun most of the time. I'll give you that he didn't play well in his bowl games...but how many times did Peyton Manning beat Florida?

And Ginn...when you're own coach identifies you as a punt returner instead of a #1 WR, something is wrong. Period. Plus, he's a track star, not a WR. He's gonna bumped at the line, he won't go over the middle. He's the kind of guy you draft in the 2nd round, not at #9. Dwayne Jarrett, meanwhile, has been so clutch in so many games his entire college career. Screw the combine stats, he's not fast, all that junk. In important games all throughout college (all his bowl games, that 4th down play against ND), he's been unguardable.

There's your explanation. I will pull this thread up in 3 years. Believe it.

You want an explanation: Quinn put up better numbers against better competition than Beck did. He's been in a pro-style offense with Weis the last 3 years, so he is NFL ready made. Beck played form the shotgun most of the time. I'll give you that he didn't play well in his bowl games...but how many times did Peyton Manning beat Florida?

And Ginn...when you're own coach identifies you as a punt returner instead of a #1 WR, something is wrong. Period. Plus, he's a track star, not a WR. He's gonna bumped at the line, he won't go over the middle. He's the kind of guy you draft in the 2nd round, not at #9. Dwayne Jarrett, meanwhile, has been so clutch in so many games his entire college career. Screw the combine stats, he's not fast, all that junk. In important games all throughout college (all his bowl games, that 4th down play against ND), he's been unguardable.

lets see quinn's numbers in those bowl games....he doesnt have samarzdja to catch his bad passes anymore

You must be a genius eh?

I had to chime in on this after reading some of he ridiculous posts on this board saying we made the right decisions today. We didn't make the right decisions; we haven't made the right decisions over the last decade. The fact that our two best players in the present (JT and ZT) were drafted by Jimmy Johnson a decade ago is proof enough.

So everytime any of us knowledgeable fans gives our opinion, stop with the ludicrous argument that, "The GMs and NFL Scouts know more than us...it's their job...blah blah blah." You know what, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt when they do something RIGHT for once. What reason has the Dolphins organization given us to trust them? Why should I believe they know more than I do?

Let me put it to you this way. If we (and by we, I mean the knowledgeable fans who pay a lot of attention to this stuff) had been running the drafts for the last few years:

1) We would have drafted Drew Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher
2) Would've drafted Vince Wilfork + another player instead of moving up to get Vernon Carey
3) Would've certainly drafted someone more productive than Jason Allen (can someone say Marcus McNeil who soooo many of us were clammoring for?)
4) Would've drafted Quinn and Dwayne Jarrett instead of Ginn and Beck (which two would you rather have?)

The only two picks I've agreed with (and that other knowledgeable Finheaven posters agreed with at the time) the last few years have been Ronnie Brown and Channing Crowder. And how's that workin out? So who's smarter now: the front office, or knowledgeable fans?

We've all heard the saying: sometimes it's better to be on the outside looking in than the inside looking out? That's exactly what's happened here. Sometimes it's better not to know a certain draftee at the age of 13, because your less likely to draft "his family". Sometimes it's better that you don't just draft SEC players because you once tried to recruit them.

You want us to trust you Miami Dolphins organization, then earn it; prove that you know more than us. Otherwise, why don't you trust US for a change?

I should get a Pullitzer for this. :D

Just what is the criteria that defines "knowledgeable fans"?

Based on what firsthand experience or any experience do you assert having any shred of rational expertise?

Geez, how come Wayne Huizenga didn't hire you as head coach?

this website makes me laugh sometimes even the thread title was just plain silly and stupid oh man and im not saying i agree with everything that happend today but thats just nonsense

And yet, he BURNED Michigan CB Leon Hall, who some called the best CB in this draft, despite this inability to beat press cverage.

Oh wait, I guess your argument is somewhat off.

lol screw the fact that jarret cant beat any CB i the NFL...so what?

lol screw the fact that jarret cant beat any CB i the NFL...so what?

Oh you're right. I mean Jerry Rice had terrible combine speed. I guess he couldn't beat any CB in the NFL either, right?

Forget the fact that Jarrett dominated everyone with two different QBs throwing to him in his college career. That's not important.

Oh you're right. I mean Jerry Rice had terrible combine speed. I guess he couldn't beat any CB in the NFL either, right?

Forget the fact that Jarrett dominated everyone with two different QBs throwing to him in his college career. That's not important.

Hello kettle

worst title ever

Yeah, this is the worst post I've ever read here in all the years of my coming to this board.

The funny thing is, I'm sure that this guy hasn't even seen ONE entire game by either Quinn OR Beck. They interviewed Beck at least three times, but I'm sure they gathered absolutely no information in that process. :sidelol: :lol:

Yeah, this is the worst post I've ever read here in all the years of my coming to this board.

The funny thing is, I'm sure that this guy hasn't even seen ONE entire game by either Quinn OR Beck. They interviewed Beck at least three times, but I'm sure they gathered absolutely no information in that process. :sidelol: :lol:

Actually, I've seen numerous ND games (1 in person), and 2 of Beck's games. So don't put your ignorance on everyone else buddy.

Yeah, Quinn was awesome in college. Man those big games against Stanford, North Carolina, Army was awesome. Oh wait, I forgot about that tough road game at Navy and Army last year. Oh, but I cant forget about those big time loses to Michigan, or USC, or LSU. Please, lets not get into the overhyped talk from Weis about being in a pro style system. Oh and I guess Quinn's 3426yds/32td/7int/61% comp is so much better Beck's 3885yds/32td/8ints/69$ comp huh? Manning wouldnt have fallen to 22 BTW.

As for Ginn, you have a guy that has playmaking speed, something this team hasnt had in such a long time. Playmaking speed not only at wideout, but also during special teams. That gives us another dimension this team lacks. So yeah, Id much rather have Ginn than another Booker on this team. And most people had him going from 7-12, while having Jarrett going in the second round, but hey you are entitled to your opinion. :lol: Just make sure you "pull this thread up in 3 years"

Yeah, Quinn was awesome in college. Man those big games against Stanford, North Carolina, Army was awesome. Oh wait, I forgot about that tough road game at Navy and Army last year. Oh, but I cant forget about those big time loses to Michigan, or USC, or LSU. Please, lets not get into the overhyped talk from Weis about being in a pro style system. Oh and I guess Quinn's 3426yds/32td/7int/61% comp is so much better Beck's 3885yds/32td/8ints/69$ comp huh? Manning wouldnt have fallen to 22 BTW.

All I have to say about Ginn is that most people had him going from 7-12, while having Jarrett going in the second round, but hey you are entitled to your opinion. :lol: Just make sure you "pull this thread up in 3 years"

Yeah, and there was no way Marino would fall to 23 either, right? And you're so quick to point out Beck's stats...notice I said against better competition. You care to tell me who BYU played?

I had to chime in on this after reading some of he ridiculous posts on this board saying we made the right decisions today. We didn't make the right decisions; we haven't made the right decisions over the last decade. The fact that our two best players in the present (JT and ZT) were drafted by Jimmy Johnson a decade ago is proof enough.

So everytime any of us knowledgeable fans gives our opinion, stop with the ludicrous argument that, "The GMs and NFL Scouts know more than us...it's their job...blah blah blah." You know what, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt when they do something RIGHT for once. What reason has the Dolphins organization given us to trust them? Why should I believe they know more than I do?

Let me put it to you this way. If we (and by we, I mean the knowledgeable fans who pay a lot of attention to this stuff) had been running the drafts for the last few years:

1) We would have drafted Drew Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher
2) Would've drafted Vince Wilfork + another player instead of moving up to get Vernon Carey
3) Would've certainly drafted someone more productive than Jason Allen (can someone say Marcus McNeil who soooo many of us were clammoring for?)
4) Would've drafted Quinn and Dwayne Jarrett instead of Ginn and Beck (which two would you rather have?)

The only two picks I've agreed with (and that other knowledgeable Finheaven posters agreed with at the time) the last few years have been Ronnie Brown and Channing Crowder. And how's that workin out? So who's smarter now: the front office, or knowledgeable fans?

We've all heard the saying: sometimes it's better to be on the outside looking in than the inside looking out? That's exactly what's happened here. Sometimes it's better not to know a certain draftee at the age of 13, because your less likely to draft "his family". Sometimes it's better that you don't just draft SEC players because you once tried to recruit them.

You want us to trust you Miami Dolphins organization, then earn it; prove that you know more than us. Otherwise, why don't you trust US for a change?

I should get a Pullitzer for this. :D

Regardless of where I stand on the Quinn/Ginn situation, what you said is absolutely ridiculous....

You just stated that your weakly based(espn, nfl network) beliefs are superior to hundreds and hundreds of career football professionals beliefs simply because you guessed somewhat correct on like 2 decisions.

Think before you post....

Actually, I've seen numerous ND games (1 in person), and 2 of Beck's games. So don't put your ignorance on everyone else buddy.

I'm sorry, but you just proved your entire post to be incorrect.

Are you telling me Randy and Cam have seen less than 2 of Beck's games? You can be sure they have seen every one of his snaps since high school. Twice. So there goes your theory.

Yeah, and there was no way Marino would fall to 23 either, right? And you're so quick to point out Beck's stats...notice I said against better competition. You care to tell me who BYU played?

I didnt point out his stats to make a point, Im pointing them out to counter your point. You said he put up better numbers against better comp, which I dont agree with. Quinn did NOTHING against the better teams in the country. Beck had, if Im not mistaken, the second highest QB rating in the country. Now Im not a big stats person, but I saw him play the Utah State game, I saw him againt Utah, and Wyoming, and maybe those teams arent LSU or USC, but they are still D-1 schools, and I saw a better QB in Beck. I saw a more fluid QB, a more accurate passer with a better arm, and a smarter QB. Quinn might be a better running QB, but Beck is at least equal in every other category. You'll see that in three years. Have you even seen Beck play, or just go by what you've heard of him today?

Back
Top Bottom