Stop mentioning cutting Incognito!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by illscriptures, Feb 24, 2013.

1. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Since when do probowl guards get cut for 4 mil in salary cap space? I think anyone who mentions him being a cap casualty should stop making off season scenario suggestions.

Or am I the dumb one? Has there been mention of this by our front office?

2. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

][mod] Please be respectful at all times. [/mod]

He should be traded, instead of cut.

The guy had no right to be in the Pro Bowl. He gets in just because of name recognition for being a dirty player. He sucks...bad...but is better than Jerry...which makes things even worse.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  3. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Yes because people (on a forum I might add) mentioning cutting Incognito actually leads to the actual people in charge of making these kinds of moves happen.

4. illscriptures

I say to stop because it is ludicrous not because I think Jeff Ireland would listen. And I want the people who think that Incognito will be cut to know they are wrong. Not because it is my job but just because it is ridiculous.

5. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

lol Incognito isn't going anywhere I can think of 3 other cap casulties (like we don't have any cap space) IF we are to cut players : Dan Carpenter, Dmitri Patterson, Richard Marshall.

6. TruePoizon

TruePoizon Well-Known Member

im confused about Incognito. He made the pro bowl, but people say he sucks. Im guessing, due to his size, that hes a good run blocker...but not so much pass blocker?

7. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I think he got in cause someone was injured or was in the Super Bowl instead. Can't remember which one.

8. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

It's strictly your opinion...just because someone else's may differ from yours, does not mean they are flat out wrong. You're taking this way out of context...this didn't need its own thread, or at least open it up for a more friendly debate.

9. finsfan007

finsfan007 Member

Incognito needs to stay!..he is our toughest lineman!

10. Show Me Your TDs

Show Me Your TDs My head's on Fire!

In ZBS He's just above average in my opinion. Doesn't have the feet for the system but is usable.

11. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

I don't think this thread was needed to be started just because others disagree. I think members wonder if he fits the blocking scheme like he should. Others have pointed out the additional salary cap we will save if he were released that's all. One opinion that is different from others doesn't make it right. Maybe it could of been mentioned why Richie should stay besides making the Pro Bowl by default.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  12. Canadi-Phin

Canadi-Phin I hate everyone else in the AFC East

I'm sorry but how Cogs ever made the probowl blows my mind. He was destroyed in both Pats games. Destroyed. He personally killed our running game on many different plays. He has lead feet and as the LG needs to be able to pull. In a perfect world he would be moved to RG and we find a LG who can actually pull. If you think because he made the probowl he's good you need to start watching the games closer. I forget who did it to him but a DT shake and baked him and Richie never got a hand in the guy. Jesus the guy was a yard away.

13. LandShark13

LandShark13 A True Fan

With all due respect bro he made the Pro Bowl in this blocking scheme. He's a brawler, a Beast. I love the guy and agree with the OP. COuld he be upgraded? of course he could. But for 4 Mil a year we are more then getting our moneys worth.

14. Fin Fan in Cali

Mitch I respect your different view as always. This is the same Oline that had Ryan getting battered and beaten all last year. I like Richie as well but I question if he is the right fit here now.

15. illscriptures

And you think we could effectively replace him AND Jake Long if he leaves this offseason? You think the guy we get is gonna be better than cogs and be cheaper?

16. Fin Fan in Cali

I think the point was if absolutely neded the cash we could and draft another lineman to take his place.

17. illscriptures

I say we'd be risking a lot in losing him because he helps us win "now" while if we draft a cheaper guard I doubt he would have a better year than cogs would even though he might be better down the line.

18. LandShark13

LandShark13 A True Fan

We had issues this year no question. I don't think Cog was it though. Jerry did his best and was our best option but hes still way to slow and Martin for all the praise he gets on this forum was absolutely putrid at times this year. On top of that Jake had a down year (and yes I'm still a fan).

19. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

I predict he'll be gone simply because in my opinion he's not a Philbin guy. The $4 mill we save is a bonus.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

he's overpaid but he's probably a year away from being purged from the roster...

21. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

:hclap: Illscriptures just had a MrEd moment back in November when I posted a thread like this about all the LET LONG WALK madness and I had one of these STOP IT!!! Moments too. Haha :up:

22. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

In fact, I have a numbers breakdown thread lurking around where Incognito was actually our 3rd best OL after Pouncey and Long. The 3 that had "positive" numbers overall, with Jerry being "ok" in pass protection, blowing in run blocking, and Martin "ok" in run blocking and blowing in pass protection being the "worse" of the OL in pass protection mind you and everyone wants Long gone and Martin to take the torch. ROFL

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if miami uses a top 15 pick on a guard like womack or cooper they'll likely move cog to right guard (where he's a mch better fit athletically b/t) and move jerry to the bench as a rotational olineman with right tackle versatility

24. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

That's actually what I would like. John Jerry then falls into the Nate Garner backup G/T role with Samuda backing up at C and Yeatman the athletic developmental OT in the making.

Long, Warmack, Pouncey, Incognito, and Martin would be nice to throw/run behind. :D

25. TruePoizon

TruePoizon Well-Known Member

Yeatman at OT? I never thought of that.

the NFL is getting more and more faster, athletic. These young college OL guys are gonna be taking over eventually. Personally i wouldnt mind having an Andy Levitre come in and compete with Incognito for OG.

26. madridfinfan

madridfinfan Rookie

Agree. He should moved to the right side.

Sign Levitre in FA or draft Cooper or warmack at 12 (cant believe I'm even saying that).
    With some injuries and medical red flags to some of the top prospects, there will probably be a run on the top 5 OL in the first
    10-12 picks (joeckl, fisher, Johnson, warmack and Cooper).

Here's a question for everyone:
    Would you prefer a Volmer/warmack or Cooper tandem
    Or a Levitre/Lane Johnson combo?