Stop the henne bashing!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop the henne bashing!!

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
the guy is coming into his first whole season as a starter. stop jumping the gun saying he is a bust. its just stupid. he will never be marino, nobody will. lets see how he does this year. every body wanted henne in the first couple weeks last year when penny lead us to 0-3. now abunch of people want him back as the starter? penny is a good qb but he isnt the guy anymore, please let it go, AND START SUPPORTING THE STARTER IN HENNE.

Everyone just remembers the good old days of A.J. Feeley and Cleo Lemon. I mean, in light of what John Beck has done, what kind of QB is Henne?!?! Ah, the wistful memories of Ray Lucas pop into my mind every now and then and im forced to ask myself why hasnt Henne been cut yet?

You know what, forget cutting him, ship him off to the CFL. Starting a petition to bring back Damon Huard.

Let them bash Henne. At this point in time, they could be right or wrong. I will reserve my judgement on him until he can show if he can take full command of the offense.

the guy is coming into his first whole season as a starter. stop jumping the gun saying he is a bust. its just stupid. he will never be marino, nobody will. lets see how he does this year. every body wanted henne in the first couple weeks last year when penny lead us to 0-3. now abunch of people want him back as the starter? penny is a good qb but he isnt the guy anymore, please let it go, AND START SUPPORTING THE STARTER IN HENNE.

Yeah thats the funny part. I am glad that our coaching staff is not as whimsical as a lot of our fans. Its preaseason... Limited playbook, limited game planning, ect. Lets not get too worried about things yet. Henne played well a lot last year. He certainly was not our main concern. If our pass D wasn't horrific last year He probably would have led us to a playoff spot. Once we start blasting with our run game he will fit right in.

Everyone just remembers the good old days of A.J. Feeley and Cleo Lemon. I mean, in light of what John Beck has done, what kind of QB is Henne?!?! Ah, the wistful memories of Ray Lucas pop into my mind every now and then and im forced to ask myself why hasnt Henne been cut yet?

You know what, forget cutting him, ship him off to the CFL. Starting a petition to bring back Damon Huard.

hahaha.. good one man!

I agree. I can't wait to see Chad go through this season with everyone healthy and Brandon Marshall now on board. It's going to be a fun year to watch.

remember when peyton manning was incredible right from his first start? drew brees too. super bowl champ big ben was pretty damn dominant his rookie year.... (all sarcasm) just sit back and let things happen before any declarations you fake fans

Yeah. Everbody stop posting their opinions on a board created for fans to post their opinions. All of these opinions are gonna destroy what in all honesty will probably be a great season. Again stop having an opinion! What's next we let woman vote? :crazy:

Yeah. Everbody stop posting their opinions on a board created for fans to post their opinions. All of these opinions are gonna destroy what in all honesty will probably be a great season. Again stop having an opinion! What's next we let woman vote? :crazy:

people are allowed to post their opinions, and we're allowed to call them out when their opinion sucks

What no mention of Scott Mitchell, lol.

remember when peyton manning was incredible right from his first start? drew brees too. super bowl champ big ben was pretty damn dominant his rookie year.... (all sarcasm) just sit back and let things happen before any declarations you fake fans

Just because someone has a different opinion on a player or coach than you does not make them less of a fan. I have the fin logo tattooed on me. Is that good enough to qualify me as a real fan?

They can post their opinions, I'm just against seeing stupid opinions.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Just because someone has a different opinion on a player or coach than you does not make them less of a fan. I have the fin logo tattooed on me. Is that good enough to qualify me as a real fan?

No, but makes them look like more of idiot than they already are. :tongue:

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

people are allowed to post their opinions, and we're allowed to call them out when their opinion sucks

This.

Great.....LOL.....

d-1

I'm glad we have Henne as a starter and I feel he has the potential to be a really good QB. That said - I don't have any problem with fans questioning his performance. That is what fans do on forums everywhere. It doesn't make a fan or his post "stupid" if he criticizes Henne's play or disagrees with your evaluation of Henne. An honest look at Henne's 2009 stats show he was only average that 1st year (we all hope he improves each year). Of the 32 QBs who threw enough passes to be rated (224 attempts, I think) Henne with 451 attempts ranked in the bottom half in every category. Lets throw out the stats that favor those who had more attempts and just look at the stats that don't get affected by number of throws.
QB Rating was 75.2 (22 of 32), Yards per Attempt was 6.38 (23 of 32), Completion % was 60.8% (16 of 32), Yards per game was 205.6 (22 of 32). You get the idea - AVERAGE or worse in all stats. Throw in the fact that he threw 12 TDs but 14 INTs.
Should he be our starter? YES - Does he have the potential to be really good? YES - Has he shown moments of greatness? YES
Has he been so good that he is above critcizm? DEFINITELY NO

Back
Top Bottom