Storm brewing in western NY | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Storm brewing in western NY

utahphinsfan

Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...qb-trouble-brewing-in-buffalo-more-nfl-notes/

Trouble brewing in Buffalo: It's been a bad start to the preseason for the Buffalo Bills and it might end up costing coach Rex Ryan his job. The Bills have been hit with a ton of injuries and they also saw defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, a big part of what they do on defense, suspended four games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. He then entered rehab.
This comes after rookies Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland, their first two picks in the draft last May, suffered injuries. Ragland, the second-round pick, is lost for the year with a torn ACL. Lawson is expected back at some point after having shoulder surgery.
There's more: Outside linebacker IK Enemkpali tore up a knee and was waived. He was expected to help outside with Lawson down. Linebacker Manny Lawson could be facing a suspension after a domestic violence incident.
This is a team that saw the defense regress in 2015 in Ryan's first year. For a supposed defensive guru, that was a surprise. It also led to grumbling by some players, especially end Mario Williams, who was let go and is now in Miami.

Ryan's team tied for the league lead in penalties last season with 143, showing a lack of discipline. That's a reflection of the coach, which makes one wonder if Ryan is the right guy for the job.
The defense still has some talent, but clearly not enough of it. This could be a long year for the team's defense, which could end up costing Ryan his job.

I mentioned awhile back to some friends that if any team in the AFCE implodes it will be buffalo.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 17s17 seconds ago East Rochester, NY
Bills have been practicing some wild cat today. LeSean McCoy has been the quarterback with Reggie Bush at RB and Tyrod Taylor out wide.

With all these injuries to this team, you'd HOPE that we don't get swept by them again this year. Here's an opportunity to get a couple of these division wins we have such a hard time with.

Don't get your hopes up, finfans. The Bills have looked good on both sides of the ball in both preseason games, including whipping the Giants 21-0 last Saturday. The defense is starting to look like a typical Rex Ryan D, and the offense can score some points. Guys who were hurt early in camp are starting to come back, including ex-Fin and Pro Bowler Richie Incognito, promising young RT Seantrel Henderson, and former Pro Bowl DT Kyle Williams.

I'm thinking the author of that piece in the OP is a Giants fan who was po'd that the Bills roughed up Eli early and outplayed the Giants all game long.

Yep Bills should be primed and ready for strong playoff run to the Super Bowl. All we need now is Rex's declaration of it.

Don't get your hopes up, finfans. The Bills have looked good on both sides of the ball in both preseason games, including whipping the Giants 21-0 last Saturday. The defense is starting to look like a typical Rex Ryan D, and the offense can score some points. Guys who were hurt early in camp are starting to come back, including ex-Fin and Pro Bowler Richie Incognito, promising young RT Seantrel Henderson, and former Pro Bowl DT Kyle Williams.

I'm thinking the author of that piece in the OP is a Giants fan who was po'd that the Bills roughed up Eli early and outplayed the Giants all game long.

You must actually live Buffalo lol. I haven't found one single Bill's fan in NY excited about anything this off-season so far. Every single Bill's fan I know says they are going to struggle this season and it will be even worse if the implode under sexy Rexy.

Regardless of Miami's issues the Bill's are a dumpster fire.

You must actually live Buffalo lol. I haven't found one single Bill's fan in NY excited about anything this off-season so far. Every single Bill's fan I know says they are going to struggle this season and it will be even worse if the implode under sexy Rexy.

Regardless of Miami's issues the Bill's are a dumpster fire.

Well, those Bills fans must not actually have watched the Bills preseason games, and must get their Bills "news" second and third hand. The national media, and even some of the local Buffalo media, has concentrated on selling doom and gloom. My guess is that they'll have egg on their faces come the end of the season.

Well, those Bills fans must not actually have watched the Bills preseason games, and must get their Bills "news" second and third hand. The national media, and even some of the local Buffalo media, has concentrated on selling doom and gloom. My guess is that they'll have egg on their faces come the end of the season.
Preseason doesn't mean ****. Just ask the 2008 Lions if preseason records mean anything.

And yet, during the SB yrs (Jim Kelly, red gun) they never played well during preseason.
Preseason has never been a barometer for regular season success. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up if you are basing your assessment on the preseason.

Rex Ryan is a bad coach and the Bills will be much more dangerous next season after they fire him.

And yet, during the SB yrs (Jim Kelly, red gun) they never played well during preseason.
Preseason has never been a barometer for regular season success. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up if you are basing your assessment on the preseason.

What, exactly, does what happened twenty years ago have to do with the team today?

What, exactly, does what happened twenty years ago have to do with the team today?

About as much as basing a season's success on what does or does not happen in a pre-season game or two. That's fools gold.....

Back
Top Bottom