Stupid Argument | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupid Argument

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
During the offseason, many made the argument that Tony should be kept in order to keep continuity. The thinking was, with the impending lockout, new coaches would not have time to implement their new plans. Therefore, many argued (especially here) that keeping Tony was the best path for the team. Those of us asking to clean house in 2010 were shot down.

About a month into the season and two months overall from the opening of training camp, this theory has been proven to be hogwash.

Look how some of the first year coaches have done...

Cleveland Browns Phil Shurmur: 2-1. Beat Tony. Has his team playing hard and buying in. Somehow beat Tony without his best guy and second best player with an injured groin.

San Francisco 49ers Jim Harbaugh: 2-1. Could be 3-0 if not for blast of a kick by Dallas' kicker.

Tennessee Titans Mike Munchak: 2-1. Team is killing people up front. Hammered the Ravens. Got a new QB ready to go in a matter of weeks.
Carolina Panthers Ron Rivera: 1-2...still ahead of Tony. Has ROOKIE QB and has found ways to be competitive in every game.

Denver Broncos John Fox: 1-2...still ahead of Tony

Face it. House should have been cleaned last winter.

i do believe that ross did try and clean house. remember he flew to SF to meet Jim Harbaugh and he struck out then he couldnt get gruden or cowher to come out of retirement. so he settled for what he had. I dont see Tony lasting the entire season.

Lets hope this time when Ross goes to get us a coach he is successful.

Maybe that's why Ross didn't break his piggy bank to splurge on FA signings. Maybe he's saving his pennies to lure that retired coach waiting in the wings next year?

Maybe he needs a lot of bargaining chips to pull that guy away from a certain cushy job on a football show on cbs?

You cant judge those coaches on just 3 games. A lot of those teams you listed are stuggling just as bad, and with a little luck and playing easy teams, they scraped out a victory. Im not defending Sparano in any way, but the coaches you have listed have proved nothing. Well maybe John Fox has.

While I agree we needed to clean house you likely used 5 non playoff teams as your example. Time will tell, maybe the Titans make it or the Niners due to the fact there division sucks. But in all fairnes maybe even Tony could win the NFC West.

The thing is that this is the first year Tony has all the power over this team. Last year Parcells and his outdated smash-mouth football was not around but was still a force and I wanted to know if Tony could turn things around but he is also a run first coach in a pass happy league.

Back
Top Bottom