Sun Sentinel: Dolphins met with Clemson WR Martavis Bryant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sun Sentinel: Dolphins met with Clemson WR Martavis Bryant

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[h=1]Bryant's visit list includes the Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steeelers and Detroit Lions.
The 6-foot-4, 211-pounder is projected as a second-round draft target. Bryant ran the 40-yard dash in 4.42 seconds at the NFL Combine. He has run 4.3 hand-timed. He had a 39-inch vertical leap and a 10-4 broad jump at the combine and bench pressed 225 pounds 16 times.

Last season, Bryant averaged 19.7 yards per catch. Two of his three receptions in the Orange Bowl victory over Ohio State went for touchdowns. As a sophomore, Bryant averaged 30.5 yards per reception with 10 catches for 305 yards and scored four touchdowns.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...n-wr-martavis-bryant-20140419,0,3105504.story

[/h]

Great player but wont last a year before he ends up in prison.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your looking for the professional and the guy who has his act together and will be ready to work I think Mathews is the guy, he is in the same tier group as Bryant and should be drafted around the same time, has similar measurable a, is much more polished and ready to contribute day 1 with upside to become go to WR.

Bryant is all potential! He has incredible potential but so do a lot of other highly drafted WR's the past decade. Can he put maturity issues behind him, get to work, get disciplined and become a leader? If yes he's got all world ability, if not he'll be just another coulda-shoulda-woulda!

If your looking for the professional and the guy who has his act together and will be ready to work I think Mathews is the guy, he is in the same tier group as Bryant and should be drafted around the same time, has similar measurable a, is much more polished and ready to contribute day 1 with upside to become go to WR.

Bryant is all potential! He has incredible potential but so do a lot of other highly drafted WR's the past decade. Can he put maturity issues behind him, get to work, get disciplined and become a leader? If yes he's got all world ability, if not he'll be just another coulda-shoulda-woulda!

This is my feeling. I expect Bryant to go in the 3rd, and given the other WR's in this class, I wouldn't look at him until the 4th. Very talented, but he's a shot in the dark. Matthews is a 1st RD WR in most drafts, and I think he goes in the 2nd, but some of these WR's are bound to slip. There are scenarios where I'd draft Matthews at 50, and scenarios where I would not, but I wouldn't let him get by me at 81.

Yeah I really would be happy with Mathews, me personally I'd go after Moncrief first at 50 because upside appears to be much higher, which of course he may not be there , but Shazier in the first and a receiver like Moncrief, Mathews, or Robinson would really set this team up talent wise! Lee, Cooks, or Beckham in first, then I'd look at Telvin Smith or Pierre-Olsen in later rounds, they are as athletically gifted but don't possess the polish to be plug and play, to get that OLB/WR talent that is sorely needed and is so overlooked.

Lol having kids with different women equates to prison in what world? He is an elite talent. And i would take a chance

Jordan Mathews would be nice as well. Mathews should have learned a good work ethic. His cousin is the great Jerry Rice

Back
Top Bottom