Suns vs. Spurs | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Spurs

Heres something for both teams:

The Suns better win tonight if they wanna see a better chance of winning this series(And to save the NBA's ratings in your opinion).It will be awfully tough for them to come back from 3-1.

The Spurs need to win this game so they keep homecourt.Its gonna be a battle of wills.I doubt they change too much with how this series is called,but you never know.Hopefully this will be a good,well played basketball game.Im sure it will.

I dont want to go back to square one in this conversation, but thought this was a relevant piece of news..

He had to,because he was receiving too much backlash.This is not news to me.Anyways Im ready for tonights game.

Get your popcorn ready.:)

I am complaining about the league, and their officials...It happens to be that its a game against the Spurs so obviously their name is going to come up...I give full credit to the Spurs for doing what they need to do to win, and doing it very well...

OK, fine, that's all I was looking for.

Currently yes, but the league is in a situation where they must change, and the high octane up tempo games are where they are headed...Championships are important, but not more important than money...The league has been in a ratings decline for a few years know, and the best way to get fans back is to put out an exciting product...

:lol:
"How many dinners that chain set your family back, Sidney?"
- Woody H. White Men Can't Jump
:lol:

I dont want to go back to square one in this conversation, but thought this was a relevant piece of news..

Relevant in what manner? Accidents can be flagrant fouls as well. Shows no intent.

If Bowen meant to do that to Nash then I have no respect for him. He won't ever come out and say he did it on purpose so we'll never truly know.

And how do you play D with no contact?

Well its somewhat depressing that you believe you cannot play defense without physical contact, but I guess thats all you see in the NBA today so its to be expected.

The rules are pretty simple:

Guarding an Opponent

In all guarding situations, a player is entitled to any spot on the court he desires, provided he legally gets to that spot first and without contact with an opponent. If a defensive or offensive player has established a position on the floor and his opponent initiates contact that results in the dislodging of the opponent, a foul should be called IMMEDIATELY.

A player may continue to move after gaining a guarding position in the path of an opponent provided he is not moving directly or obliquely toward his opponent when contact occurs. A player is never permitted to move into the path of an opponent after the opponent has jumped into the air.

A player who extends a hand, forearm, shoulder, hip or leg into the path of an opponent and thereby causes contact is not considered to have a legal position in the path of an opponent.

A player is entitled to a vertical position even to the extent of holding his arms above his shoulders, as in post play or when double-teaming in pressing tactics.

ok...lets try to differentiate between contact and defense. Basketball is not a contact sport....if you don't believe me try reading the rule book.

:rolleyes2
No, basketball IS a contact sport.

I think what you meant is that it is not a collision sport. (i.e. football or hockey)

If I'm wrong about that assumption, then you are calling it a non-contact sport, and essentially comparing it to tennis.:wink:

...aaaaaaaaanyway, Game 4 tonight!!!

:happydrin :eat:

HERE COME THE SPURS!!!

...Spurs in 6, baby!

Well its somewhat depressing that you believe you cannot play defense without physical contact, but I guess thats all you see in the NBA today so its to be expected.

If coming in contact with a player in the NBA is a foul then there would be 1,200 whistles a game. You make contact to post up, break ankles, run screens and rebound.

It isn't a contact sport like football obviously, but there IS some contact

Hahahaha...Just admit you dont like the Spurs man:sidelol: Youre funny.We dont care wether you think its a contact sport or not.Our team is competing for a title while yours is fishing.Isnt there a Heat thread you need to be replying in?Oh I forgot...Anyway LEAVE IT ALONE

Go Spurs Go!!

Relevant in what manner? Accidents can be flagrant fouls as well. Shows no intent.

If Bowen meant to do that to Nash then I have no respect for him. He won't ever come out and say he did it on purpose so we'll never truly know.
LOL, like I said I didn't want to go back to square one...Anyways I never said it was intentional, the relevancy relates to the fact that A. the foul is being called flagrant now, and B. Bowen will not be suspended..Bowen gets 1 point now, I don't know if he has any accumulated, but at 5 he gets a suspension...And I also think that the refs will be watching more now that Stu got involved...

Hahahaha...Just admit you dont like the Spurs man:sidelol: Youre funny.We dont care wether you think its a contact sport or not.Our team is competing for a title while yours is fishing.Isnt there a Heat thread you need to be replying in?Oh I forgot...Anyway LEAVE IT ALONE

Go Spurs Go!!

The Rings:

99'

03'

05'

07'
?

And its supposed to be some sort of affront to state the success of a team you associate with in some weird personal manner?

I have nothing against the Spurs. The only reason behind this tirade was to point out that how the games are called in the playoffs is at best an extreme interpertation of the rules of the game. If the rules were more judiciously enforced the game would become more about skill and less about force.

And its supposed to be some sort of affront to state the success of a team you associate with in some weird personal manner?

I have nothing against the Spurs. The only reason behind this tirade was to point out that how the games are called in the playoffs is at best an extreme interpertation of the rules of the game. If the rules were more judiciously enforced the game would become more about skill and less about force.

Good..Are you leaving now?:bye:

Back
Top Bottom