Super Bowl Home Field | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Home Field

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Vikings have a real chance at this. Has it ever happened before? Huge advantage of they do?

I cant recall any team playing in their home stadium for a SB. I think the closest was the year the 49rs kicked our ass....it was just up the road at Stanford.

I believe it would be an advantage.

I believe it would be an advantage.
I think probably more advantage when it comes to knowing the stadium. Ticket sales are organized and strict distributed.
some 17% goes to each team. Team of stadium gets 5 or 6%. 35% split among the other 29 teams. And the NFL keeps 25%

It wouldn't be a huge advantage.

People forget sometimes that the Super Bowl isn't a game for football fans anymore. Like 50% of the attendees are corporate stooges from out of town or people who won contests.

I see little advantage if they do make it. It's not like their normal crowd will be there at the Super Bowl rooting for them.

Also would like to see any info on how the tickets get distributed. Don't see how the distribution changes to the team that make it. Most of the Super Bowl LII tickets are already gone. How are they going to come up with ticket after this weekend games are over. It just doesn't make sense. They can't be deciding who gets tickets 2 weeks before the game.

It has never happened before. 49ers were the closest for I believe the 1984 SB. I think that it would be a huge advantage.

Back
Top Bottom