*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

As a Engineer, curious to see what the 'tarp' roof will be made of and if it will be removable/fold up style for hurricane purposes.

A flat roof, tethered only spells disaster for cross winds in a hurricane. Would flip up like a pancake.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

ight... it wasnt looking to good in the pictures above

I don't think the field itself is becoming more "enclosed" the roof will just stretch out over the outside of the stadium making it look like it covers "more".

Walk ways and the Fan-Zone will now be shaded.

As a Engineer, curious to see what the 'tarp' roof will be made of and if it will be removable/fold up style for hurricane purposes.

A flat roof, tethered only spells disaster for cross winds in a hurricane. Would flip up like a pancake.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

I don't think the field itself is becoming more "enclosed" the roof will just stretch out over the outside of the stadium making it look like it covers "more".

Engineers were never the best grammatically... an Engineer.... my dad and couple friends are Engineers too. Interesting on the tarp roof too dealing with the weather and all... I def want to see it in the end.

and thats cool the walkways and tunnels will be shaded for the fans... I just hope the field stays open.

Engineers were never the best grammatically... an Engineer.... my dad and couple friends are Engineers too. Interesting on the tarp roof too dealing with the weather and all... I def want to see it in the end.

and thats cool the walkways and tunnels will be shaded for the fans... I just hope the field stays open.

HA! Thanks.

I have the wife the english teacher proof read my documents.

I can't be the only one that thinks this is an eyesore...

2015 will be the 1st and only season Sun Life will look like a legit stadium. Then 2016 it's gonna look like such an eyesore with that canopy.

Not sure how legit it can look with thousands of empty seats on gameday - which wont change in 2015

B9BIg4qIQAAvltN-1.jpg

B8_9WiHIEAAHZt5-1.jpg:large

B9AJp1FIgAApEON-1.jpg

B9AJp1HIAAArh8W-1.jpg
Looks great. :up:

It is unique. It will be immediately recognizable. Embrace it. It is our new home.

Can't wait to watch a game in there when it's all finished :bdh:

I am pretty sure it is a permanent structure. I have seen similar types of designs on condos, hotels and stores in my area, though not as massive. Looks like those spires probably aid in support. I would bet they did their homework on weather situations on this multi-million dollar project and not sit back and cross their fingers and hope the top doesn't fly off in a storm possibly taking out human lives.

I never thought of that, but I think the second part of your post shows part of the reason the roof should hold. With air moving under it about as fast as it moves above it, there would be no Bernouli effect to lift with a low pressure. Even the part above the field, inside the stadium is really outside, but I guess the air inside the stadium would not be moving as much. Still, that's a small part of the whole canopy so I think it should be fine, especially with the supports underneath holding it down (and up).

Back
Top Bottom